+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence to Skilled worker with Thalassemia major

NishM

May 7, 2016
hello,
I'm a professional whose profession falls in the list of skilled workers eligible to immigrate to Canada. To add upon I'm a person with thalassemia too and receive blood transfusion in every 15-20 days. currently, I'm at a very healthy state and thus looking forward to migrating to Canada as a permanent Resident for a better quality of life. I would like to know my chances of getting a PR.

I have few queries regarding my medical Condition:
1. Am I eligible to receive PR with my existing medical condition?
2. Will I get medical benefits if I get PR? What will be the treatment cost after one transfusion?
3. Suggest some links/ agencies/ NGOs who can help me further

Please do reply. I'm really worried and confused. Agents are not able to help me much with correct information.

Thanks in advance

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NishM said:
hello,
I'm a professional whose profession falls in the list of skilled workers eligible to immigrate to Canada. To add upon I'm a person with thalassemia too and receive blood transfusion in every 15-20 days. currently, I'm at a very healthy state and thus looking forward to migrating to Canada as a permanent Resident for a better quality of life. I would like to know my chances of getting a PR.

I have few queries regarding my medical Condition:
1. Am I eligible to receive PR with my existing medical condition?
2. Will I get medical benefits if I get PR? What will be the treatment cost after one transfusion?
3. Suggest some links/ agencies/ NGOs who can help me further

Please do reply. I'm really worried and confused. Agents are not able to help me much with correct information.

Thanks in advance
Thallassemia Major is a serious illness., and I know this because my son has Thallassemia minor, fortunately.., so I am familliar with this condition, and the requirements.
To answer your question, I really don't know. Any medical condition is not automatically a dismissal, a lot will depend on how you state your case. I know even HIV is not neccesserily a refusal.
You can certainly try for PR, but you will need to research how to make your case so that you do not pose a direct burden to canada health. Having an independent medical insurance that would cover these costs would help make your case, overall good health also.
However, since Thallassemia major is a permanent condition, and blood transfusions are not the only thing you will have for the rest of your life, but also iron removal from your blood at some point, this might be one of the illnesses CIC would have a problem with.
Add the fact it is a genetic disorder, passed on., you will have a tough time proving your case to CIC.

But, would it be worth it? I think so.
Should you try? I think you should.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-thalassemia-dependent-t141618.0.html

Please check how much would be the treatment cost in Canada.

NishM

May 7, 2016
thanks for sharing info.... can you also elaborate more upon entitlement for medical benefits and cost of treatment

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NishM said:
thanks for sharing info.... can you also elaborate more upon entitlement for medical benefits and cost of treatment
If you get pr, you would get health benefits. It includes doctor and hospital charges. Not sure about medicine, it could be covered for some cases, but usually not covered.

balli1003

May 21, 2018
Hi
I have Beta thalassemia trait with no medical history, i am not sure if my medical will get approved or they will ask me to go for further test or probably any explanation.
would really appreciate if someone cn help me with that.
Thanks in advance