+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ REJECTED

erick_ortega

Nov 4, 2017
Hello:
I got my application for CSQ rejected because they say my level of french is in 5 and 6 and should be at 7 after I did my interview, honestly I follow all the procedures. I did a french course in EMSB and They are asking me for additional documents. Can someone help me? I don’t know what to do know

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello:
I got my application for CSQ rejected because they say my level of french is in 5 and 6 and should be at 7 after I did my interview, honestly I follow all the procedures. I did a french course in EMSB and They are asking me for additional documents. Can someone help me? I don’t know what to do know
What additional documents have they asked for?

EMSB, Jade and LBP are under investigation for issuing fraudulent French B2 certificates to non-deserving students. More than 300
csq have been rejected from these colleges.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
1. Send all the documents asked by MIDI.
2. Take TEFAQ. Score B2 in Listening and Speaking. Send TEFAQ result to MIDI to prove your French proficiency.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
1. Send all the documents asked by MIDI.
2. Take TEFAQ. Score B2 in Listening and Speaking. Send TEFAQ result to MIDI to prove your French proficiency.
Good advice. Just to add most of these students flunk in the speaking part as these colleges didn't put much emphasis on it. MIDI is writing to
clear TEFAQ in 90 days. Some lawyers have filed case in courts also to defend these people.

All in all these schools were only minting money at the cost of genuine students.

All the best to OP.

erick_ortega

Nov 4, 2017
What additional documents have they asked for?

EMSB, Jade and LBP are under investigation for issuing fraudulent French B2 certificates to non-deserving students. More than 300
csq have been rejected from these colleges.
I went to LBP and I’m one of those students who got that certification, they just send to send additional documents, I was planning to send the letter from the emsb saying my course information and that I pass same as a letter from my work saying that I don’t have any propblem in communication at work in french. Also I did my tefaq but I didn’t reach the b2 level so now I was planning to go to the Canada college institution and get a letter from them saying that I will study for 3 week course for Continue my study of french and if they can give me more time

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I went to LBP and I’m one of those students who got that certification, they just send to send additional documents, I was planning to send the letter from the emsb saying my course information and that I pass same as a letter from my work saying that I don’t have any propblem in communication at work in french. Also I did my tefaq but I didn’t reach the b2 level so now I was planning to go to the Canada college institution and get a letter from them saying that I will study for 3 week course for Continue my study of french and if they can give me more time
Quite unfortunate to hear that.

Did you submit the final (B2 level) transcript from EMSB. What I have heard about EMSB is that they were
not following the due procedure for passing the students. Most of the csq rejections are for EMSB only as they
want to retain the chinese market but too many bad apples was bound to spoil the juice at some stage.

You I guess have been just caught out in this MIDI random pick.

Is it difficult to improve your tefaq score? Has MIDI allowed you more than 90 days window to prove your french
capability? Also if they agree to your canadian college proposition, I hope that helps you.

What is your field of occupation? IT or Commercial drafting

All the best

erick_ortega

Nov 4, 2017

Did you submit the final (B2 level) transcript from EMSB. What I have heard about EMSB is that they were
not following the due procedure for passing the students. Most of the csq rejections are for EMSB only as they
want to retain the chinese market but too many bad apples was bound to spoil the juice at some stage.

Is it difficult to improve your tefaq score? Has MIDI allowed you more than 90 days window to prove your french
capability? Also if they agree to your canadian college proposition, I hope that helps you.

All the best

Yes I did send my transcript from the EMSB school so they knew I went there, also I got the letter from work as I say and that one I didn’t send it to them, honestly I don’t know what to do now and I got b1 in both test of TEFAQ. I may do another course for PEQ b2 French course and I will send a letter from a immigration consultant saying I’m gonna do the course and prepare more, the course I’m gonna do is from College level in Canada College institution. They also will give me a letter from the institution that I’m gonna do the course and that is accredited. I will see what’s gonna happen. Honestly I’m getting out of time because my work permit expires in February because my passport expires that time, is a Post graduated work permit. My school duration was 1800 hours so I have to get more time. Someone can help me with this too? Please I’m very stress for this situation. They are going against the rules and they need to solve this problem

erick_ortega

Nov 4, 2017

All the best

I studied for Automated systems electromechanic by the way

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes I did send my transcript from the EMSB school so they knew I went there, also I got the letter from work as I say and that one I didn’t send it to them, honestly I don’t know what to do now and I got b1 in both test of TEFAQ. I may do another course for PEQ b2 French course and I will send a letter from a immigration consultant saying I’m gonna do the course and prepare more, the course I’m gonna do is from College level in Canada College institution. They also will give me a letter from the institution that I’m gonna do the course and that is accredited. I will see what’s gonna happen. Honestly I’m getting out of time because my work permit expires in February because my passport expires that time, is a Post graduated work permit. My school duration was 1800 hours so I have to get more time. Someone can help me with this too? Please I’m very stress for this situation. They are going against the rules and they need to solve this problem
If I was in your situation I would be stressed out as well.

I can't recollect the name of Law firm who have filed a class action against this arbitrary action of MIDI. Once I do
I will share it with you here.

If MIDI has given you enough time (more than 90 days) then you should sit for the tefaq again after doing 3 week intensive evening
course from Canada college.

Guessing that you are from South America french shouldn't be very difficult for you in comparison to Chinese or Indians.

All the best.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
As to your PGWP you should be having it for 3 years with 1800 hours course.

Once you renew your passport you will get the remaining pgwp as well as initially CIC might
have aligned it with your passport expiry only.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I studied for Automated systems electromechanic by the way
Found below :
CRARR's legal team is set to help any international student who has been denied the CSQ or banned from reapplying. As a first step, CRARR has formally requested the Quebec Ombudsman to launch an investigation into MIDI's administrative practices.

http://www.crarr.org/?q=fr/node/19877

If you haven't contacted them please do so as it seems more of racial profiling than fraudulent certificate issue.

All the best

erick_ortega

Nov 4, 2017
As to your PGWP you should be having it for 3 years with 1800 hours course.

Once you renew your passport you will get the remaining pgwp as well as initially CIC might
have aligned it with your passport expiry only.
I renew my passport already and my PGWP expires on February but I don’t know how to extend it, because they ask me for LMAI and I don’t have that, I received my PGWP In March 30 so they should give it for
More time, can someone help me?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Found below :
CRARR's legal team is set to help any international student who has been denied the CSQ or banned from reapplying. As a first step, CRARR has formally requested the Quebec Ombudsman to launch an investigation into MIDI's administrative practices.

http://www.crarr.org/?q=fr/node/19877

If you haven't contacted them please do so as it seems more of racial profiling than fraudulent certificate issue.

All the best
I find it funny that this firm is spinning a language incompetency issue into racial bias.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I find it funny that this firm is spinning a language incompetency issue into racial bias.
I find it even funnier, that the dysfunctionality of their own french learning system and that the institutions have given out certificates that do not reflect the student's level of french is now somehow the fault and problem of the student-PEQ applicant...

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I renew my passport already and my PGWP expires on February but I don’t know how to extend it, because they ask me for LMAI and I don’t have that, I received my PGWP In March 30 so they should give it for
More time, can someone help me?
Better contact a good Immigration consultant as I guess LMIA is not required in Quebec since you already hold a job. My knowledge is quite
limited on this. I hope someone else helps.

All the best