+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Just left the embassy in Abu Dhabi and it was a complete waste of time. The security didn't let me speak to anybody, instead he gave me a letter and told me to fill it up and marked it as urgent, even after I explained my situation to him....

Then he said somebody will contact me via email or phone as soon as they are able to read my letter! OMG!!

This is hopeless!! I am fed up and my ticket to Toronto is on the 23rd!!

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
smileyuae said:
Just left the embassy in Abu Dhabi and it was a complete waste of time. The security didn't let me speak to anybody, instead he gave me a letter and told me to fill it up and marked it as urgent, even after I explained my situation to him....

Then he said somebody will contact me via email or phone as soon as they are able to read my letter! OMG!!

This is hopeless!! I am fed up and my ticket to Toronto is on the 23rd!!
@ smileyuae

Have faith bro. You'll surely hear from them this week, hopefully before Friday. I pray for all and i pray you meet the deadline and fly safely to Toronto on the said date.

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
No.. It's impossible.

Even if they reply today. It can take up to 10 days for getting visa stamped in the passport..

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
While I was there, I met somebody who also applied in May. They also have not received any news from them. It's now the second time they go to AD and they are not helping at all.

What is wrong with this embassy in AD! Maybe we should all submit a complaint to Canada.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ smileyuae

Hey, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. And I agree with you on the issue of taking some sort of action against it. The least they should have done is informed us of delays so we could prepare for it, they simply asked us to refer to the useless website which states 7 weeks processing time in AD. And nearly no updates except for one in my case, the Medical Examination request and approval.

And it is not only the Study Permits that are facing such abysmal service, even Visitor visas have been under processing for duration of 4-7 weeks at AD Visa Office. (And it states 14 days for the visa on the $#!* website!)

I can only afford to wait for 2 more days, before I am forced to defer my semester and lose a lot of effort, planning, and even some money. Not to mention the ton of work I'll have to do to make the deferral happen in the first place.

If you find a place to lodge a complaint, please let me know. Obviously, I'll first see if it'll even be read by anyone like our Case Specific Inquiries at the moment.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
Beckyem said:
@ ExCalibre97 Hi buddy,saw your post and you happen to be in my current country of location and can help answer some questions about applying for study permit to Canada cos im applying for one soon against winter semester. Did you fill in the application on paper at the visa office or please explain how you got that done and did you submit your passport along with your application and had your biometrics taken at the time of submission? Thank you.
Hi there. Before I even begin, I'm going to ask you to submit the application as soon as possible because as you can see, the processing time is basically infinity at the moment.
Now, to answer your first question regarding the forms, I submitted the application online. It's fairly simple and easy, all you need to do is answer a survey and you get a checklist of forms that need to be filled in and uploaded once complete. The rest of the documents like Passports, bank statements and other financial docs need to be scanned and uploaded in the appropriate section. If you need to explain something then make sure to write a Letter of Explanation, as it also has its own submission box. There are some useful tips by others on this site on what to include in the Letter of Explanation. All in all, the submission can be done online from any computer with an internet connection. You will have to create an account on GCKey using a valid email, to save your application.

The answer to the second question might become a lot clearer now, since it's obvious you can't submit anything physically when applying online. Usually, for the Bio-metrics you will be contacted one day after submission with instructions to go to VFS Qatar and submit your Bio-metric data. The instructions will be clear, so you'll know what to do once you get the message. As for the passport, you get the passport request once they have decided to give you a visa. To rephrase that, you only submit it once a decision has been made and not at the point of submission.

Hope that clears some of it. Feel free to ask again in case anything is still unclear. Oh... and Best of Luck!

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ExCalibre97 said:
@ smileyuae

Hey, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. And I agree with you on the issue of taking some sort of action against it. The least they should have done is informed us of delays so we could prepare for it, they simply asked us to refer to the useless website which states 7 weeks processing time in AD. And nearly no updates except for one in my case, the Medical Examination request and approval.

And it is not only the Study Permits that are facing such abysmal service, even Visitor visas have been under processing for duration of 4-7 weeks at AD Visa Office. (And it states 14 days for the visa on the $#!* website!)

I can only afford to wait for 2 more days, before I am forced to defer my semester and lose a lot of effort, planning, and even some money. Not to mention the ton of work I'll have to do to make the deferral happen in the first place.

If you find a place to lodge a complaint, please let me know. Obviously, I'll first see if it'll even be read by anyone like our Case Specific Inquiries at the moment.
Guys, if you want to lodge a complaint against the processing delays in study permits, the options could be to write this complaint on the Facebook page of embassy of Canada in UAE, secondly write a letter or a detailed email to the ambassador here in Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi and write an email to Mr. Chris Alexander (minister for immigration). The minister's email address is available on his website (google it).

Rico5k

Aug 15, 2015
@tim. i think this is a very good info i suggest those whose processing time has kept so long has an issue to report on so they try to report to the minster Chris Alexander i hope doing so will help us as are also waiting

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
Guys just a quick question.

How much time does it take the Visa to be stamped... You guys have any idea?????

I am still trying to squeeze some time by taking some risk but its just so confusing what to do.

Anyways, can you let me how much time does it takes for the Visa to be stamped?

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
blazin123 said:
Guys just a quick question.

How much time does it take the Visa to be stamped... You guys have any idea?????

I am still trying to squeeze some time by taking some risk but its just so confusing what to do.

Anyways, can you let me how much time does it takes for the Visa to be stamped?
It takes about 5-7 business days. So approximately 10 days in total.

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
@ExCalibre97 Thank you so very much for your detailed answers to my questions,that was very satisfactory. I will like to add that did you submit a Proof of English proficiency along with your application when applying and is it compulsory since i had to submit it to the school as part of supporting documents needed? And can you please send me the link about what needs to be included in the Letter of explanation.Thank you.

To all my fellow applicants in the house though im yet to apply against the winter semester. I think the delay to visa decision from AD might be due to the Ramadan for those who submitted before then. Reason being that,right here in Qatar,during that period,government officials had little time to work just like someone on here said that they worked between 9am and 11am and after the conclusion of the fast,a 12day holiday was given so thereby making all activities paused till the break is over,that is specifically a view from Qatar as things went,dont know about other GCC countries,just an observation through and i will wish us all the very best in this and for those yet to apply. I dont work with Embassies but i have applied to 2 or 3 embassies and i think the time frame isnt factual because some documents need proper scrutiny especially bank statement and they do contact the banks via email to know if they actually have such funds with them and how long the owner has been banking with them and other details so as to not to get fake documents presented and the response delay might come from the bank thereby adding to more time from the VO,nevertheless,it is taking too long for most cases i read on here but there is a purpose for everything and i pray we all laugh in the end and Glorify God.

@smileyuae I think you made a slight mistake by booking a flight when you havent been given visa,it was stated not to make travel plans until you get the letter of introduction from the VO but i guess you acted in view of the time frame posted on the sites and a good faith,your Faith shall set you free,Amen.

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
I'm off the waiting list now. I had my application refused.

Maybe It's just a ploy to refuse Africans mostly. Here are the reasons given:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
- your travel history
- purpose of visit
- your personal assets and financial status.

Who in his or her right senses will refuse a student visa application base on these factors? Purpose of visit? The name of the application states the purpose, the admission letter justifies the purpose as well. Travel history, as a student do i need to visit the whole planet before i can study in Canada. And moreover i wasn't paying my own fees, so why will you judge my application on my personal assets? CIC sit up, for its a shameful decision.

I am wishing all of you still waiting GOOD LUCK...

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Becky, thank you for your feedback. I understand that it is my responsibility for booking a ticket early, but please keep in mind that airline tickets are very expensive to Toronto in this season, and at the last minute. I booked it while it was cheap and I will suffer about $100 usd cancellation fee. In my opinion it's better than having to buy a ticket at the last minute.

Guys, I suggest you visit the embassy in AD. Go to the 10th floor and explain your situation to whoever speaks to you. It's better than sitting in the dark.

Aidoo. Sorry for the rejection. Your application is for studying but what they mean is that why do you want to study further? How would it benefit you after you completed your study? Will your current employer in UAE give you a better salary/title?

This is what they are looking for in your application, they want to know you can survive in Canada. As well as know that you will leave once you are done with your program. Try again and include a letter of explanation, I think with these additions you can successfully be admitted to January semester.

Cheers.