+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC-Mexico

behann

Jan 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the Police Check Certificate in Mexico. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request the PCC for me and will forward the results directly to the visa office where my application is in process, which takes 60 to 90 business days. I should send to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico fingerprints, photos, copy of passport and quote my file number and the name of the visa office where my file is.

I just submitted the EE profile yesterday so I think I should apply for the PCC ASAP.

Here my questions:
1. Is the EE profile number the file number?
2. What is the name of the visa office where my file is?

Please advice.

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First you should wait and see if you get an ITA (invitation to apply) from CIC. Only if you do will you get an actual file number. What you could do right now is have your photos and your fingerprints taken so you're ready for when the time comes. PGR has very specific guidelines for photos though, you might want to take a look at them.

It's worrying that PGR takes so long to issue a police check (I've even read some horror stories where PGR loses people's photos or fingerprints). I'm on a similar situation since I applied to CEC last year and I'm still waiting for CIC to send me an AOR (that will have my file number) so I can e-mail the Canadian Embassy in Mexico and get my Mexican police check done.

amanda1985

May 24, 2017
Hi everyone, After reading all the posts here about how to follow properly here the steps to get a Mexican PCC I am still confused, should I upload the letter first in my Profile and submit and than wait for CIC to contact me and request me to send the documents (fingerprints and photos) to the Canadian embassy in Mexico or I should submit all documents to the Canadian embassy in Mexico without waiting for CIC response (I already have an ITA).

Second question they say to quote to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico "my file number, name of visa office where my file is being processed" , where I get the information of where my file is being processed?

Thanks,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

You only need to upload this letter, you will be requested the PCC once your application is being processed.

The information you need is in your AOR, the visa office depends on where you are living.

vilukyan

May 25, 2017
Hi,

I received a letter from CIC on May 2, 2017 to provide Police Certificate from Mexico. Per CIC instructions I mailed the requested documents to the Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section in Mexico. Based on Fedex tracking, documents were delivered to the Embassy on May 4, 2017. I haven’t heard back either from Embassy of Canada in Mexico or CIC ever since.

When I log in to my CIC profile, it says that an action is required and when I go to the list of documents submitted by me there is an upload box for “Updated Police Certificate”. Does anybody know what I am I supposed to upload in that box? Based on my understanding, once the police certificate is ready, it will be mailed directly to CIC visa office processing my application and I won’t receive the Police certificate myself. So, there is nothing I can upload. Originally, I did submit a notice that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate" along with other police certificates from the countries where I lived in the past.

Can anybody help?

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Hi,

I received a letter from CIC on May 2, 2017 to provide Police Certificate from Mexico. Per CIC instructions I mailed the requested documents to the Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section in Mexico. Based on Fedex tracking, documents were delivered to the Embassy on May 4, 2017. I haven’t heard back either from Embassy of Canada in Mexico or CIC ever since.

When I log in to my CIC profile, it says that an action is required and when I go to the list of documents submitted by me there is an upload box for “Updated Police Certificate”. Does anybody know what I am I supposed to upload in that box? Based on my understanding, once the police certificate is ready, it will be mailed directly to CIC visa office processing my application and I won’t receive the Police certificate myself. So, there is nothing I can upload. Originally, I did submit a notice that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate" along with other police certificates from the countries where I lived in the past.

Can anybody help?
Did you get your PCC? You can email the Embassy and get a status. They usually say that it takes 30-60 days and the result will directly reach IRCC. I've sent my documents recently to Mexico.

ejaime86

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

Can anybody help?
Hi Vilukyan,

I'm on the same boat, I got the request letter and just send those documents to the embassy. Did you solve you uploading part?

Thanks!

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Any idea how long does Mexico PCC take? I sent the documents couple of weeks back.

amanda1985

May 24, 2017
Hi Vilukyan,

I'm on the same boat, I got the request letter and just send those documents to the embassy. Did you solve you uploading part?

Thanks!
How long took you to receive a letter from CIC requesting the Mexican PCC after you received your AOR? I received my AOR in June 16 but still didn't received a formal letter from CIC requesting my Mexican PCC in order for me to send the fingerprint s and photos to the Canadian embassy in Mexico ?!

amanda1985

May 24, 2017
Any idea how long does Mexico PCC take? I sent the documents couple of weeks back.
Sorry repeating the question but , How long took you to receive a letter from CIC requesting the Mexican PCC after you received your AOR? I received my AOR in June 16 but still didn't received a formal letter from CIC requesting my Mexican PCC in order for me to send the fingerprint s and photos to the Canadian embassy in Mexico ?!

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Sorry repeating the question but , How long took you to receive a letter from CIC requesting the Mexican PCC after you received your AOR? I received my AOR in June 16 but still didn't received a formal letter from CIC requesting my Mexican PCC in order for me to send the fingerprint s and photos to the Canadian embassy in Mexico ?!
Hi! I didn't wait for the letter. I just sent my documents after a week post AOR. My AOR is June 28. Didn't get the CIC request for PCC yet.
I contacted Embassy in Mexico and they told me they've sent my documents to local authorities and it'll take 30-60 days.

amanda1985

May 24, 2017
Hi! I didn't wait for the letter. I just sent my documents after a week post AOR. My AOR is June 28. Didn't get the CIC request for PCC yet.
I contacted Embassy in Mexico and they told me they've sent my documents to local authorities and it'll take 30-60 days.
Oh!! That os good to know ! I think i Am send inglés muñe as well , thanks for the input!

Canada_cube

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Did people getting Mexico PCC requests all spend 6m+ in Mexico? Back in time, I used to go in and out of that country but it never amounted to more than 30 days in aggregate. I wonder if that would trigger a Mexican PCC.

amanda1985

May 24, 2017
Which email did you contact to receive a status of your application for PCC? Thanks