+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
Finally, I received my Approval today.
I am really happy,

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement @Apovine Thank you for the private messages and encouragement
@derin1010 Thank you for creating this thread and also sending me private messages to encourage me.
God bless you all
Congratulations to you. I'm still waiting for mine. It's 11 months now not a single word from them.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Congratulations to you. I'm still waiting for mine. It's 11 months now not a single word from them.
I wish you luck but its not always a good sign when your application takes that long.

Am talking based on mine experience, the journey was indeed a roller costar.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
In the Approval In Principle letter I received, it says:

FORMS REQUIRED
You must provide the following forms for all family members over 18 years of age, (accompanying or non-
accompanying, whether in Canada or abroad):

 Schedule A / Background Declaration (IMM5669) **do not leave any gaps in time.
 Additional Family Information (IMM5406)

In my own case, my spouse is already a Canadian citizen, does my spouse has to fill the forms too?

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
I wish you luck but its not always a good sign when your application takes that long.

Am talking based on mine experience, the journey was indeed a roller costar.
Did you use a lawyer? I used a lawyer for my own and we submitted all documents you can think of. We only got the acknowledgement since March 2021 and nothing ever since. I've called numerous times no response. I've even requested for a GCMS note since October and still didn't receive anything. I requested for another one through CBSA till date nothing. I have no idea what could be going on.

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
hai,
i applied in this policy in January 2021 and got refused in March saying that i did not meet my primary eligibility. i called IRCC they asked me to sent a web form with a letter of reconsideration. i sent it and in july i got the mail saying that after reconsideration my application got approved. by god's grace i got my PR card in mid December. if your application is refused please try to sent a letter of reconsideration. i did this whole application process myself did not consult anyone other than IRCC
Hi I got a friend who is also refused I need your help on how to write the reconsideration letter.

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Hi I got a friend who is also refused I need your help on how to write the reconsideration letter.
Do you know why the person got rejected? Mine was the eligibility criteria. Here is the reconsideration letter I sent.
sir/mam
i ____________ ( UCI:_____) have applied for PR through “Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for certain refugee claimants working in the health care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic” and my application number is ________. I got refused on _____ with the stated reason of not meeting the hours to meet the requirement. This letter explains the how I meet the criteria. the following are the assumed reasons and its explanation.

1. first eligibility criteria: 120 hours during March 2020 to August 2020.
i have worked all the 16 weeks as a full time employee. so 16x 40 is 640 hours. this is how i met the 1st criteria.
2. second criteria: 6 months of full time job till application.
I have worked from march 2020 till date (Jan 2021). which is 8 months of full time job. so next criteria has been met.
3. my job description: the job title is confusing but sir the NOC and the duties and responsibilities of the job is same as mentioned in the policy. sir if you have any doubts about my Job title and NOC please feel free to contact my employer.

i hope this clears the misunderstanding which led to the refusal of my application. thanks for your patience and time for reading this letter of reconsideration.
thanks and regards

The documents which I sent in was the job reference letter, job description from my employer and my recent paystub ( these were attached to my primary application). if anything you need help with let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: lekanhamdalat

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Did you use a lawyer? I used a lawyer for my own and we submitted all documents you can think of. We only got the acknowledgement since March 2021 and nothing ever since. I've called numerous times no response. I've even requested for a GCMS note since October and still didn't receive anything. I requested for another one through CBSA till date nothing. I have no idea what could be going on.
I don't think we need a lawyer for this program. I did all by myself and if any doubts I called IRCC.

Reactions: ZAYAN2020

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Do you know why the person got rejected? Mine was the eligibility criteria. Here is the reconsideration letter I sent.
sir/mam
i ____________ ( UCI:_____) have applied for PR through “Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for certain refugee claimants working in the health care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic” and my application number is ________. I got refused on _____ with the stated reason of not meeting the hours to meet the requirement. This letter explains the how I meet the criteria. the following are the assumed reasons and its explanation.

1. first eligibility criteria: 120 hours during March 2020 to August 2020.
i have worked all the 16 weeks as a full time employee. so 16x 40 is 640 hours. this is how i met the 1st criteria.
2. second criteria: 6 months of full time job till application.
I have worked from march 2020 till date (Jan 2021). which is 8 months of full time job. so next criteria has been met.
3. my job description: the job title is confusing but sir the NOC and the duties and responsibilities of the job is same as mentioned in the policy. sir if you have any doubts about my Job title and NOC please feel free to contact my employer.

i hope this clears the misunderstanding which led to the refusal of my application. thanks for your patience and time for reading this letter of reconsideration.
thanks and regards

The documents which I sent in was the job reference letter, job description from my employer and my recent paystub ( these were attached to my primary application). if anything you need help with let me know