+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
@Lolly smiles , I thought they would still ask us to withdraw judicial review before copr , or is it straight up copr after medicals for people with judicial review - please advise guys ...

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Anyone here still waiting for AIP?.
AOR since May 3rd and no AIP insight. Just wondering if I’m alone as I know the program is ending October.
A friend of mine who didn’t work 120hours got AIP yesterday.
You are not alone. My application went into IN PROCESS since march, uptill now i haven't receive AIP or any correspondence from them.
I submitted over 1,200 hours.
Am a pending claimant.

There are millions of thought going through my head. Am thinking
Maybe because the minister plan to intervene in my case because of the exclusion order against me. Thats why i didnt get the AiP yet.

Reactions: Tite2020

Bethel2020

Mar 20, 2021
As a regular silent spectator and reader here, it will be unfair not to contribute my timeline in order to encourage others in their journey.

January 13th - Application received
February 8th- AIP
March 4th- Medical Received
July- 9th - Request to withdraw refugee claim.
July 12th-Claim withdrawn
July 14-Receipt of withdrawal sent to IRCC
August 27th- Request to confirm address address
September 8th- Portal link was sent to create pr card
September 16th- Arrival of E- COPR .

Best wishes to everyone !

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
You are not alone. My application went into IN PROCESS since march, uptill now i haven't receive AIP or any correspondence from them.
Am a pending claimant.

Maybe because the minister plan to intervene in my case because of the exclusion order against me. Thats why i didnt get the AiP yet.
What's the exclusion order against you? D

Okilo

Sep 4, 2019
Am a pending claimant.

I don't think minister intervention can stop you in the whole. I ve a friend with similar situation and has received copr. Somethings are just there, I know someone that was asked to pay for biometric, he did that and sent payment advice. He didn't get biometric form for about 4 months, worried, he later got it and things went pretty fast afterwards. He has been asked to withdraw his case.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I don't think minister intervention can stop you in the whole. I ve a friend with similar situation and has received copr. Somethings are just there, I know someone that was asked to pay for biometric, he did that and sent payment advice. He didn't get biometric form for about 4 months, worried, he later got it and things went pretty fast afterwards. He has been asked to withdraw his case.
Thank you for lifting up my spirit this morning. My claim was put on hold in month of May. Am hoping for the best.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Am a pending claimant.

I have addressed this at the beginning of this pathway application. Part of the requirement says:
You’re not eligible under this process if your refugee claim was

Base on the information you put on this thread. Seems you are still a pending claimants.
So i dont think they can use the minister's intervention or the exclusion order against you becuse your refugee claim has not been determined.
Bear in mind. There maybe other inadmissiblity grounds that may come up during your background check.
Meanwhile it might not be. It might just be a slow officer handling your file.