+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 9, 2021.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 12, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on February 4, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you a letter on July 3, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on July 3, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
Big big congratulations!

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Thank you all for your well wishes,just yo encourage others who are waiting. I did my own application. I'm a failed refugee claimant and I submitted my stage 2 documents on March 2021. I used to call IRCC almost every weekbecause I hated waiting and just last week I ordered notes.And then got COPR like @blackelly predicted. I'm so happy it doesn't even feel real. Thanks family for encouragement and motivation. GOD Bless you all

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Thank you all for your well wishes,just yo encourage others who are waiting. I did my own application. I'm a failed refugee claimant and I submitted my stage 2 documents on March 2021. I used to call IRCC almost every weekbecause I hated waiting and just last week I ordered notes.And then got COPR like @blackelly predicted. I'm so happy it doesn't even feel real. Thanks family for encouragement and motivation. GOD Bless you all
Congrats again and again. Just keep celebrating today

• Haha

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
What does gcsm mean and how is that relevant to the case ? Thank you and congratulations.

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Congrats I'm really happy for you. I was just wondering do you think ordering the gcsm notes is why after all this time they decided to send you the COPR yesterday or was it just a coincidence and it has nothing to do with the notes. Again I'm really happy to see a win in this forum it gives us hope.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Congrats I'm really happy for you. I was just wondering do you think ordering the gcsm notes is why after all this time they decided to send you the COPR yesterday or was it just a coincidence and it has nothing to do with the notes. Again I'm really happy to see a win in this forum it gives us hope.
I think COPR was on the way already..Because when I called the call centre they used to tell me that my file is submitted for review

Reactions: Sam18

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
Hi guys,
I have been a ghost member of this forum for over three years. Apparently all I do is come here and learn and keep myself informed. I must confess it has been a great source of info. And I appreciate everyone here for their contributions.
I got my COPR today.
Was waiting for Hearing Date before.
Time Line:
Application received - Feb 5
Acknowledge: Feb 22
Processing : March 23
AIP : April 15
Medical received - April 22.
Instruction to withdraw App : June 7 ( got it on June 11) due to lawyers negligence.
Forward withdrawal to RPD on June 14 and they sent confirmation June 16 and forwarded to IRCC same day through lawyer. Called then the next week and they didn't receive it yet. (Weird )
Went to my lawyer to confirm what the issue is. Lawyer sent it again and receive confirmation same day June 24. I have a feeling the lawyer didn't submit when we asked her to.
July 4 application channeled to complete. COPR dated July 3.
It has been a roller coaster of anxiety and stress. The biggest one been when I keep reading here that it takes 2 - 3 days to get COPR after sending withdrawal to IRCC. It also helped because I was worried and had to contact IRCC to confirm. COPR actually takes 1 - 2 weeks after withdrawal. If u get 2 - 3 is fine but 1-2 weeks is a fair timeline.
Aside that, please make sure to follow your Case yourself by checking status online and also calling IRCC. Like I use to tell my friends... We are just another case to the lawyers but to us, it is our life.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi guys,
I have been a ghost member of this forum for over three years. Apparently all I do is come here and learn and keep myself informed. I must confess it has been a great source of info. And I appreciate everyone here for their contributions.
I got my COPR today.
Time Line:
Instruction to withdraw App : June 7 ( got it on June 11) due to lawyers negligence.
Forward withdrawal to RPD on June 14 and they sent confirmation June 16 and forwarded to IRCC same day through lawyer. Called then the next week and they didn't receive it yet. (Weird )
Went to my lawyer to confirm what the issue is. Lawyer sent it again and receive confirmation same day June 24. I have a feeling the lawyer didn't submit when we asked her to.
It has been a roller coaster of anxiety and stress. The biggest one been when I keep reading here that it takes 2 - 3 days to get COPR after sending withdrawal to IRCC. It also helped because I was worried and had to contact IRCC to confirm. COPR actually takes 1 - 2 weeks after withdrawal. If u get 2 - 3 is fine but 1-2 weeks is a fair timeline.
Aside that, please make sure to follow your Case yourself by checking status online and also calling IRCC. Like I use to tell my friends... We are just another case to the lawyers but to us, it is our life.
Congratulations. Yours certainly was very fast.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys,
I got my COPR today.
Time Line:
Wow that was fast,congratulations

Reactions: Blac Kelly..

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys,
I got my COPR today.
Time Line:
Congrats

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Hi guys,
I got my COPR today.
Time Line:
Congratulations to you and your family..... thanks for sharing your timeline and encouraging us all.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I got my COPR today.
Time Line:
Congrats