+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
She submitted paystubs and a reference letter from the agency.Between May and August 2020 she worked for more than 120 hours except there is another way the calculation is done.She started May 9 and made about 40 to 50 hours every two weeks on part time basis.When you say they must have made their investigation before replying,what kind of investigation do you mean?
Its possible that they doubt your friend’s story - signs of desperation. All immigration means including H&C have been denied. They called the wife’s agency to confirm she worked with them and they cannot remember; if she still works with them, they can’t remember; if she will work with them on a new contract, they cant say. Possibly they have done their due diligence and she never worked there during the pandemic and still don’t work there at all. There are a lots of ways to check these things such as the CRA records vs payslips submitted; Her certifications obtained after the fact, certain things that don’t add up. The Agency didn’t even mention that they new her. My conclusion is if her claims is valid, put your lawyer to work on the same application. Reapplying would only mean IRCC was right in the first place. Send tax computations and other evidences that you worked there, still work there or have changed employer. Your lawyer should put in the work or better still FIRE your lawyer and get a new one that can get the job done.

Khadis40

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Its possible that they doubt your friend’s story - signs of desperation. All immigration means including H&C have been denied. They called the wife’s agency to confirm she worked with them and they cannot remember; if she still works with them, they can’t remember; if she will work with them on a new contract, they cant say. Possibly they have done their due diligence and she never worked there during the pandemic and still don’t work there at all. There are a lots of ways to check these things such as the CRA records vs payslips submitted; Her certifications obtained after the fact, certain things that don’t add up. The Agency didn’t even mention that they new her. My conclusion is if her claims is valid, put your lawyer to work on the same application. Reapplying would only mean IRCC was right in the first place. Send tax computations and other evidences that you worked there, still work there or have changed employer. Your lawyer should put in the work or better still FIRE your lawyer and get a new one that can get the job done.
Ha bros you Dey work with immigration this your breakdown no be here ooo.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
I worked 147 hours with 3 agencies from june 2020 to August 10th 2020 and submitted my application in February. I submitted another 1,047 in april 2021.
Still no AIP.
This feels like such a long time to not get AIP. Did you call them? Did they update your file after you submitted the extra hours?

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
Are you saying my friend should not reapply? I don't understand your conclusion.Someone is advising them to appeal the decision to the federal court.is that right?

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
How can you send evidences on an application that a decision has been made already.I dont understand because my friend mentioned that they said in the decision letter that they will transfer the file to CBSA for appropriate action.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
How can you send evidences on an application that a decision has been made already.I dont understand because my friend mentioned that they said in the decision letter that they will transfer the file to CBSA for appropriate action.
Let her get InTouch with an experience lawyer as quickly as possible. It might be more serious than she think since they said they will transfer the file to CBSA for appropriate action.

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Am not being pessimistic but this CBSA thing they mentioned is not a good sign for your friend . Am sorry to ask this, are u sure ur friend didn’t try to forge all those supporting documents & payslips without your knowledge? I want to believe the IRCC officer must have seen some compelling incriminating evidences against your friend that made him culpable for application refusal and cruel quick handing over to CBSA. By the way, let’s look at the scenario again, immigration called the agency & agency couldn’t give concrete and straight forward answers to their question. Meanwhile, for the agency to call your friend and tell him exactly what the immigration said, it means your friend and the agency are close or ur friend’s friend is the agency. Read in between the lines bro. However, whichever way he needs a good lawyer and must tell the lawyer the truth

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
Let her get InTouch with an experience lawyer as quickly as possible. It might be more serious than she think since they said they will transfer the file to CBSA for appropriate action.
They were under removal order prior to the application.BAnd the letter stated that since they were under removal order that they will transfer the file back to CBSA for appropriate action.That is to continue the process of their removal.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Are you saying my friend should not reapply? I don't understand your conclusion.Someone is advising them to appeal the decision to the federal court.is that right?
Reapply is not same as appeal. They should appeal the decision if they have valid evidences with the backing of the agencies and other records.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
All I’m saying is to appeal the decision if you have valid evidence. Reapplying is sending another application with same records and that cannot work. CBSA obviously means deportation.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Am not being pessimistic but this CBSA thing they mentioned is not a good sign for your friend . Am sorry to ask this, are u sure ur friend didn’t try to forge all those supporting documents & payslips without your knowledge? I want to believe the IRCC officer must have seen some compelling incriminating evidences against your friend that made him culpable for application refusal and cruel quick handing over to CBSA. By the way, let’s look at the scenario again, immigration called the agency & agency couldn’t give concrete and straight forward answers to their question. Meanwhile, for the agency to call your friend and tell him exactly what the immigration said, it means your friend and the agency are close or ur friend’s friend is the agency. Read in between the lines bro. However, whichever way he needs a good lawyer and must tell the lawyer the truth
My point exactly! Besides the wife is currently not working, Why? Her working records may be in doubt. Did she file tax same period from records from this agency? Since they are under CBSA processing, do they have valid work permit during this period. These things would be checked because of their immigration situation.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Ha bros you Dey work with immigration this your breakdown no be here ooo.
My analysis is based on the information that he provided. As far as they have valid evidences, then they can appeal and win their case. Else I do wish them the best because they are trying to setup their family in the best possible way and this was the last opportunity.

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
My point exactly! Besides the wife is currently not working, Why? Her working records may be in doubt. Did she file tax same period from records from this agency? Since they are under CBSA processing, do they have valid work permit during this period. These things would be checked because of their immigration situation.
Yes.both my friend and the wife had valid work permit. But he told me that the wife work permit just expired this May 2021 but my friend work permit will expire in December 2021.The wife also file tax with the T4 she got from the agency and also other T4 of ther places she worked prior to working as a PSW in May 2020.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Yes.both my friend and the wife had valid work permit. But he told me that the wife work permit just expired this May 2021 but my friend work permit will expire in December 2021.The wife also file tax with the T4 she got from the agency and also other T4 of ther places she worked prior to working as a PSW in May 2020.
Good. These are valid evidences that can be used to appeal the case. Get a good lawyer that can work on your case. Spend the money on the best lawyer because this is the last opportunity he has.