+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Has anyone application ever been denied, refused or returned for not been eligible for the pathway application.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
A friend of mine not on this forum just got his approval in principle today.
He was a failed refugee claimant.
He was approved with his wife and 3 children.
such a good news ,please do you know when they submitted their application and received AOR , what’s their timeline ?

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
such a good news ,please do you know when they submitted their application and received AOR , what’s their timeline ?
I know he submitted end of january 2020.
Application went in process march 21st.
Got AOR yesterday April 6th.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
In the same boat. I am dying of anxiety. The wait is killing me. I work with the regional government, have more than 4,000hrs. I am really scared.
Hello @eni2000 did you get any responce yet from immigration about your pathway application. Did you get your AIP yet

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
asking for a friend.
he received the following from Immigration.

A COPY OF VALID PASSPORT
Please be advised that you (and any family member in Canada that has been included in your application) must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document in order for us to finalize your application for permanent residence. SEND a copy of the bio-data pages of your passport or travel document to our office. If you are unable to obtain a valid passport or travel document, PROVIDE us with evidence and steps you have taken to demonstrate your efforts to obtain a passport or travel document.

1, it has expired, 2 the original passport is with cbsa. 3. their country embassy is closed due to covid.
what will they do at this time

eni2000

Sep 28, 2015
asking for a friend.
he received the following from Immigration.

A COPY OF VALID PASSPORT
Please be advised that you (and any family member in Canada that has been included in your application) must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document in order for us to finalize your application for permanent residence. SEND a copy of the bio-data pages of your passport or travel document to our office. If you are unable to obtain a valid passport or travel document, PROVIDE us with evidence and steps you have taken to demonstrate your efforts to obtain a passport or travel document.

1, it has expired, 2 the original passport is with cbsa. 3. their country embassy is closed due to covid.
what will they do at this time
Your friend's counsel should write a letter with a copy of their expired certified passports.
Pls tell your friend not to renew their passports.

Reactions: derin1010