+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
I have been to my home country and came back today. I had secondary inspection they took our PR cards and my sons passport checked them never said or asked anything just said your are good to go and showed is the exit. When I did the KIOSK my photo was not in the sheet. I don't know whether the secondary inspection was about that.
In which category was your PR approved?

LUV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been to my home country and came back today. I had secondary inspection they took our PR cards and my sons passport checked them never said or asked anything just said your are good to go and showed is the exit. When I did the KIOSK my photo was not in the sheet. I don't know whether the secondary inspection was about that.
Had anyone in your family had an asylum hearing and were granted protected person?

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Had anyone in your family had an asylum hearing and were granted protected person?
I got PR through this temporary PR pathway for claimants in health care. No one had a hearing. We were posted for one but it was canceled as we had the application in process under the public policy.

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
Hello everyone, I know it's been a while and we all here are getting closer to the start of citizenship application next year. Does anyone have any information towards that ?

As for me I got my PR through this pathway and got my e-COPR on October 10, 2021 and I definitely know some got theirs earlier than that.
Any update on how the citizenship calculations days will be for some who have been here since like 2018 ?

However, I know some of us overstayed in USA before moving to Canada to seek asylum, how do we go about the waiver application if one plans to go to USA again maybe for visit or work related ?

Thank you.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone, I know it's been a while and we all here are getting closer to the start of citizenship application next year. Does anyone have any information towards that ?

As for me I got my PR through this pathway and got my e-COPR on October 10, 2021 and I definitely know some got theirs earlier than that.
Any update on how the citizenship calculations days will be for some who have been here since like 2018 ?

However, I know some of us overstayed in USA before moving to Canada to seek asylum, how do we go about the waiver application if one plans to go to USA again maybe for visit or work related ?

Thank you.
You have to be physically present in Canada for at least 1095 days. Since you became PR in 2021. You will be eligible to apply for citizenship by October 2024. If you do not travel outside of canada before then

Reactions: scylla and Simba112

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you.
How long did you overstay in the US and when did you leave the US? Waivers for the 3 year and 10 year bans are generally very difficult to get / qualify for.

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
How long did you overstay in the US and when did you leave the US? Waivers for the 3 year and 10 year bans are generally very difficult to get / qualify for.
I overstayed for 1yr and 6months. You mean the waivers is difficult even after getting Canadian citizenship ?
I believe there are some who overstayed and got this pathway also. Just asking this to know their experience since we all are getting to that step now as most who got PR will be on their citizenship now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I overstayed for 1yr and 6months. You mean the waivers is difficult even after getting Canadian citizenship ?
I believe there are some who overstayed and got this pathway also. Just asking this to know their experience since we all are getting to that step now as most who got PR will be on their citizenship now.
This would mean you have a 10 year ban from the US. Yes, the waivers are very difficult to get even once you have Canadian citizenship. If you want to visit the US as a tourist, there is no waiver available and you have to wait out the 10 year ban.

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
This would mean you have a 10 year ban from the US. Yes, the waivers are very difficult to get even once you have Canadian citizenship. If you want to visit the US as a tourist, there is no waiver available and you have to wait out the 10 year ban.
That shouldn’t be difficult for a lawyer to handle.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately I think you will find that is not necessarily the case. This is because waivers for overstays are only available in very limited circumstances. If you want to pursue a waiver, you can do that now. No need to wait for Canadian citizenship (having Canadian citizenship doesn't impact the waivers available).

If you want to discuss this topic more on a forum, suggest posting to a US immigration forum vs here. This is a good one: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Good luck.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Of course, that is why they are called lawyer.they take every case provided you pay legal fee but they are not ultimately decision maker. There could be few exceptions overstaying for over a year, I can think of Marriage to US Citizen, if someone is appointed as representative in United States, High paying athlet game in the US, Post Doctoral Researcher visiting US...

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
Of course, that is why they are called lawyer.they take every case provided you pay legal fee but they are not ultimately decision maker. There could be few exceptions overstaying for over a year, I can think of Marriage to US Citizen, if someone is appointed as representative in United States, High paying athlet game in the US, Post Doctoral Researcher visiting US...
No problem then, 10years is almost over. I have spent 6years in Canada already. I am not a US person anyway but have some families there I just think we can visit. I love Canada !

Queenlaw

Dec 29, 2023
Dm me.