+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Oct 2017

sav01

Nov 19, 2017
Guys, a quick question:
After the application is approved (MyCIC account, with counterfoil visa number), does it mean that the visa is already stamped on the passport?
Best.
I think it 2 steps
first is approval then they send your passport to stamp visa.

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I think it 2 steps
first is approval then they send your passport to stamp visa.
The process has been kinda inconsistent. There are people who are being first approved and then their passports sent for visa stamping, and then there are people who are being approved right after the visa has been stamped, this is what I have seen people reporting in this forum. So honestly now it is just witch hunt. We have no idea what is going on. I just need my passport and visa back asap lol. Delivered November 2nd and since no news

Reactions: maddyavula

agoswami

Nov 23, 2017
I have sent my passport to CIC for TRV(Visa) stamp on 2nd Nov to CIC and 3rd Nov they have received. Till date(23rd Nov) they have not returned. Normally this used to take time for 3 to 5 days as from previous experience. Now-a-days they became a dick. They have not returned my passport for last three weeks, they don't respond by phone and they don't care about this important issue. I have to travel to US on 25th Nov for an important conference and it looks that I have to cancel the trip. Although they have updated the status on 21st Nov saying it has counterfoiled but I have not got any update from Canada post. If anybody is sending passport to CIC please plan for a month or two and don't make any travel plan until it arrives with visa stamp. Holding passport for Visa stamping for more than three weeks is not a signature of any developed nation not even a developing nation. They made their telephone line so busy that you can not reach them as well. It is clear signature of highly bureaucratic and lazy people in the top notch part of the country.

Reactions: Tolan4uk

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Thanks for putting my thoughts on paper :D
100% agree

I have sent my passport to CIC for TRV(Visa) stamp on 2nd Nov to CIC and 3rd Nov they have received. Till date(23rd Nov) they have not returned. Normally this used to take time for 3 to 5 days as from previous experience. Now-a-days they became a dick. They have not returned my passport for last three weeks, they don't respond by phone and they don't care about this important issue. I have to travel to US on 25th Nov for an important conference and it looks that I have to cancel the trip. Although they have updated the status on 21st Nov saying it has counterfoiled but I have not got any update from Canada post. If anybody is sending passport to CIC please plan for a month or two and don't make any travel plan until it arrives with visa stamp. Holding passport for Visa stamping for more than three weeks is not a signature of any developed nation not even a developing nation. They made their telephone line so busy that you can not reach them as well. It is clear signature of highly bureaucratic and lazy people in the top notch part of the country.

sav01

Nov 19, 2017
My return tracking number has been activated today.
Here's my timeline
PPR : OCT 20
Passport Sent: OCT 23
Passport Delivered: OCT 25
Passport Received by Office: ??
MyCIC Approved : NOV 16
Return Tracker Activated : Nov23 17.57PM (EST)
CoPR : Waiting

Thank you everyone for sharing information and backing each other up.
Congrats to those who's already become a PR. And those who's waiting, do not lose hope. It will come soon :D

Nads

Jul 25, 2013
The process has been kinda inconsistent. There are people who are being first approved and then their passports sent for visa stamping, and then there are people who are being approved right after the visa has been stamped, this is what I have seen people reporting in this forum. So honestly now it is just witch hunt. We have no idea what is going on. I just need my passport and visa back asap lol. Delivered November 2nd and since no news
That's Correct.
My Timeline:
Passport Request : Oct 25 2017
Passport Sent: Oct 29 2017
Delivered on : Nov 1st 2017 (Tracker)
Approval: Nov 20 2017
Passport and COPR Received: Today

The whole time frame for sending and getting back is roughly 3 - 6 weeks. Lucky one's like me get that in minimum time that's 3 weeks :)

Cheers!

PriancaPan

Jul 25, 2016
My Passport was received my CPC-Ottawa on 31/10. However, my MyCIC account status has not changed to approved till date. I called up CIC and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved and the visa has been printed. She told me not to worry and a lot of people do not see their application status change on MyCIC. She also confirmed that my tracking number will get activated either today or Monday.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Here's my timeline
Passport Received by Office: N/A
Return Tracker Activated : Nov 23 7 PM(EST)
CoPR : Hopefully today or Monday. (As per tracker it's in Toronto)

Yesterday I got a call from CIC for Telephone Landing. They scheduled me for Tuesday morning. At least that will save my time and gas.

Good luck to those who are still waiting...

Reactions: sanju_bd

immivisu

Oct 31, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
Here's my timeline
Passport Received by Office: N/A
Return Tracker Activated : Nov 23 7 PM(EST)
CoPR : Hopefully today or Monday. (As per tracker it's in Toronto)

Yesterday I got a call from CIC for Telephone Landing. They scheduled me for Tuesday morning. At least that will save my time and gas.

Good luck to those who are still waiting...
Congratulations!

I am from Vancouver BC. How does telephone landing works? How to request it?

Reactions: Matt-NL

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Congratulations!

I am from Vancouver BC. How does telephone landing works? How to request it?
You can't chose to land over the phone. The pick those applicants who lives far away from a border. (E.I: I live in Scarborough).
They might call you from a 780 or 204 area code or directly send email.

If they don't contact you, just go to your nearest border rather than waiting...

Good luck.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
You can't chose to land over the phone. The pick those applicants who lives far away from a border. (E.I: I live in Scarborough).
They might call you from a 780 or 204 area code or directly send email.

If they don't contact you, just go to your nearest border rather than waiting...

Good luck.

As much as know, you can call the call-center and ask them to book an appointment to make the landing in an IRCC local office next to your town. Please check the info you provide.