btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Got my passport and COPR!!!

Stream: CEC Inland
PPR Date: Oct 5
Passport Sent Date: Oct 6
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 10
Passport Received by Office: don't know.
My CIC Approved Date: Oct 30
Return Tracker Activated Date: Oct 30
PP and COPR received: Oct 31

Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: jenkinson

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
PPR Date: Oct 16
Passport Sent Date: Oct 17
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 19
Passport Received by Office: Unknown
MyCIC Approved Date: Pending
Return Tracker Activated Date: Pending
PP and COPR received: Pending

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
He is right about bringing your old work permits or study permits. Even if they're expired, you need to bring them so they could officially be voided.

However, he is completely erroneous about booking an appointment. You should've told him that according to the CIC website, you can go to the border and flagpole. He was definitely trying to mislead you in that area. Everyone flagpoles at the border. Appointments can be made but is not the only/popular option.

Regardless, welcome to Canada and congratulations!!! :)
Thank You.

ca13tina

Oct 30, 2017
COPR & Passport received on Nov 31.

Have been following this thread for a long time now finally got to post my timeline.

(Timezone: Vancouver)

PPR Date: Oct 3 (later in the evening)
Passport Sent Date: Oct 6
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 10
Passport Received by Office: Oct 18 (I emailed to find out - it only took me 2 days to get an email reply)
My CIC Approved Date: Oct 26 (Online status changed on Oct 26th much later in the evening, but email message indicating my application is updated was received on Oct 27 in the morning)
Return Tracker Activated Date: Oct 30
PP and COPR received: Waiting - hopefully soon!

Good luck everyone!

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi guys i am about to do my flag poling but i only have my original new work permit and only a copy of my old work permit is there any issue? will they ask me about my old original work permit?
Yes. Give everything you have, Previous work permit or student permit, the new one and the old permits. Do not forget to make a copy of it just in case.

Cheers and good luck

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Stream: FSW Outland
PPR Date: Oct 25
Passport Sent Date: Oct 26
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 27
Passport Received by Office: don't know.
My CIC Approved Date: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
PP and COPR received: Waiting

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Guys I realized I did a silly mistake when I sent the passport. When I received the PPR email I printed out the entire email and ANNEX A document was also on the paper. But somehow the half of the document (where the questions are) was not there. I Signed the document and added my address as well with handwriting. I sent this along with the passports.
Today I noticed at the bottom of the email that the document was clipped and I clicked the very small written blue info and the document opened! I was shocked and also quite embarrassed.
I printed it out, filled it out and sent with Xpress post to the visa office. I am telling you this story because this can happen to other people as well. The reason why the document is clipped is that the email of PPR is too long (because it's also in French). Probably after a certain amount of pages gmail hides the rest of the email and unless you click on this tiny blue typed "view entire message" you cannot see the rest of the email. In my case this was the most important part of the email.

Did anyone have the same trouble?
I was somehow angry with IRCC since this document could be sent as an email attachment so that everybody sees it when he opens the email!

Best,

sanju_bd

Oct 30, 2017
Guys I realized I did a silly mistake when I sent the passport. When I received the PPR email I printed out the entire email and ANNEX A document was also on the paper. But somehow the half of the document (where the questions are) was not there. I Signed the document and added my address as well with handwriting. I sent this along with the passports.
Today I noticed at the bottom of the email that the document was clipped and I clicked the very small written blue info and the document opened! I was shocked and also quite embarrassed.
I printed it out, filled it out and sent with Xpress post to the visa office. I am telling you this story because this can happen to other people as well. The reason why the document is clipped is that the email of PPR is too long (because it's also in French). Probably after a certain amount of pages gmail hides the rest of the email and unless you click on this tiny blue typed "view entire message" you cannot see the rest of the email. In my case this was the most important part of the email.

Did anyone have the same trouble?
I was somehow angry with IRCC since this document could be sent as an email attachment so that everybody sees it when he opens the email!

Best,
Hi,

I am just wondering what is that important part you missed to send. I don't see anything in my mail after the Annex A. Am I missing anything? I have only Annex A and it ask for my address and Signature only

Thanks

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi,

I am just wondering what is that important part you missed to send. I don't see anything in my mail after the Annex A. Am I missing anything? I have only Annex A and it ask for my address and Signature only

Thanks
I think what he means is that by default some email providers might truncate the Annex A in the PPR email as the email is very long. At least in GMAIL - by default only 2 rows of Annex A is displayed. You have to click on "view entire message" link which shows the entire Annex A form - which is 12 rows long.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Yes, exactly, I had only the info presented below displayed on the email. I signed it. I wrote my address. Only thing what I did not write was my telephone number.

ANNEX A.

ANNEXE A.

UCI: 9xxxxxxxxxx

Application: E xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS

I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents’ passports, if applicable.

My Permanent Resident visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence will be mailed to the below Canadian or US address.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Guys, they should have sent this as an attachment!

sanju_bd

Oct 30, 2017
I think what he means is that by default some email providers might truncate the Annex A in the PPR email as the email is very long. At least in GMAIL - by default only 2 rows of Annex A is displayed. You have to click on "view entire message" link which shows the entire Annex A form - which is 12 rows long.
Thanks for the reply

My annex A starts with ANNEX A (English and French) in 1st row and the last row with the message "Please note that an incorrect mailing address could......"

The row just before it has Signature and Date Columns

Am I missing any part?

The mail I got is not directly from CIC, but forwarded by my agent, so I don't have the option to check if anything got trimmed, sorry

Thanks in advance