+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Hey,
just wondering what your timeline is.
Do you know when your apssport was printed?
07/24/17 - PPR sent via email
07/26/17 - Passports delivered
08/01/17 - PPTs and COPRs sent to Visa Printing Room
08/17/17 - Application approved, counterfoil information posted on My CIC
08/23/17 - Tracker updated - Processed in Ottawa around 5pm (Canada Post)

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

My application got approved on August 18th but the Fedex tracking is not updated yet?
I am very concerned now. Can anyone tell from their experience how much more time it will take to get back my passport.

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I called CIC yesterday and they told me my Visa was Printed on the 22nd of August, still no update in MyCIC account and no tracker activated but the agent sent a note to tell them to get off their butts and mail my passport

More info in the signature including a link to my case on my immitracker.
keep me updated, we have the same timeline

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hi All,

My application got approved on August 18th but the Fedex tracking is not updated yet?
I am very concerned now. Can anyone tell from their experience how much more time it will take to get back my passport.
I'm the exact same as you. Application approved on 18th and I used Fedex.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
PP sent to Ottawa - July 20
PP received - July 21
Agent received - July 31
Approved - Aug 17
Tracker activated - Aug 22 5pm
PP received - Aug 24 10am

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Planning to land at Peace Arch Vancouver.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
I don't believe there are tens of thousands of passports every day, it's more like a few hundred a day. Also having worked in companies that dealt with much larger scales makes me skeptical about this. Just think of any online fulfillment company. The scale is much bigger, but somehow they get to predictably post shipments a certain number of days after the order is approved. Often just a couple hours after.
The process up to the point of approval is quite complex, and different times are expected.
But I really can't see where all the complexity of delivering a passport to the post office lies. Even if it takes long I would expect the length of time to be somewhat predictable: not one person having it posted the next day while others the next week.
I understand your frustration. However, the comparison with for example Amazon is not accurate.
Online companies invest tens or hundreds of millions of dollars into delivery systems to deliver as fast as possible to compete for their clients.
For CIC, on the other hand, there is no business need to send passport ASAP.

Reactions: prAnxiety

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
PP sent to Ottawa - July 20
PP received - July 21
Agent received - July 31
Approved - Aug 17
Tracker activated - Aug 22 5pm
PP received - Aug 24 10am

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Planning to land at Peace Arch Vancouver.
congrats!I am planning to land at peace arch as well. When you will land? Please share experience. Thanks !