Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
My timeline is:

Passport delivered to Ottawa: August 3
Approved on MyCIC: August 21
Tracker activated: pending...

As I can see, usually it takes up to 6 days to get your tracker activated, right?

kohlirn89

Mar 1, 2017
28th July - PPR sent via email
01 August - Passports delivered
24th August - Application approved, counterfoil information posted on My CIC
I guess a week more before I receive my documents back.

Reactions: EdieRo

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Is everyone going to get an update in their account as per approval. I called CIC and was told my visa has been printed. However I do not see any change in my CIC account online. Is this normal?

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
It's really hard to understand why would it take so long to post passports after the visa has been printed, and why passports with visas printed on the same day would take different lengths of time to be posted with the same carrier.

mdk2017

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Sudbury, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
AOR Received.
July 11th 2017
hi guys..im new on the forum as i sent my passports to ottawa today for the pr stamping. can anyone comment on the usual processing time keeping in mind real time information. as far as i have read, it takes minimum 2 weeks for the getting the passports back after pr stamping.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Is everyone going to get an update in their account as per approval. I called CIC and was told my visa has been printed. However I do not see any change in my CIC account online. Is this normal?
Yes, MyCIC is notoriously slow regarding updates

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
hi guys..im new on the forum as i sent my passports to ottawa today for the pr stamping. can anyone comment on the usual processing time keeping in mind real time information. as far as i have read, it takes minimum 2 weeks for the getting the passports back after pr stamping.
More like 3+ weeks, and 30+ days is not really uncommon now...

Reactions: mdk2017

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
It's really hard to understand why would it take so long to post passports after the visa has been printed, and why passports with visas printed on the same day would take different lengths of time to be posted with the same carrier.
Because it is tens of thousands of passports, they dispatch them in batches. The logistics of this process are extremely complex.

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
Because it is tens of thousands of passports, they dispatch them in batches. The logistics of this process are extremely complex.
I don't believe there are tens of thousands of passports every day, it's more like a few hundred a day. Also having worked in companies that dealt with much larger scales makes me skeptical about this. Just think of any online fulfillment company. The scale is much bigger, but somehow they get to predictably post shipments a certain number of days after the order is approved. Often just a couple hours after.
The process up to the point of approval is quite complex, and different times are expected.
But I really can't see where all the complexity of delivering a passport to the post office lies. Even if it takes long I would expect the length of time to be somewhat predictable: not one person having it posted the next day while others the next week.