+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

anhera28

Feb 8, 2017
Agent received mine on 04/08 too, and i called CIC on Monday as well and got it approved on CIC yesterday. Guess our passports will be dispatched together. Crossing fingers very soon!

Are you going to book an appointment to land at an IRCC office or do flag-poling?
Yes. Hope we get the passports soon. I haven't yet figured out the best way. I read abt few ppl having faced delays at the rainbow bridge. Could someone suggest the best way to land from the US?

Reactions: systix

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Learnt something new today after talking to the agent lady.

It has been 27 days since delivery to ottawa from the US, no updates on the cic profile.

Today finally the agent says that case notes state that visa were printed onto the passports. However she can't be sure why the cic profile wasn't updated.

Here comes the new part. Apparently my passports are in "quality control" and only after they are satisfied that there are no mistakes they will release it for dispatch... Whatever that means... I just told the nice lady that I want my passports back.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Learnt something new today after talking to the agent lady.

It has been 27 days since delivery to ottawa from the US, no updates on the cic profile.

Today finally the agent says that case notes state that visa were printed onto the passports. However she can't be sure why the cic profile wasn't updated.

Here comes the new part. Apparently my passports are in "quality control" and only after they are satisfied that there are no mistakes they will release it for dispatch... Whatever that means... I just told the nice lady that I want my passports back.
"quality control" is something i have not heard about.
Don't worry..You will be getting your passports soon.

Reactions: systix

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Does it really take another 7-10 days after application is approved on CIC to when the passport is dispatched back?
Mine got approved on the 17th, yesterday I called them and they said there was a note that my package was to be picked by Canada Post on the 22nd, yet tracker only activated today around 5pm ET

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
07/24/17 - PPR sent via email
07/26/17 - Passports delivered
08/01/17 - PPTs and COPRs sent to Visa Printing Room
08/17/17 - Application approved, counterfoil information posted on My CIC
08/23/17 - Tracker updated - Processed in Ottawa around 5pm (Canada Post)

BlueJays2017

Jan 11, 2017
Passport sent - 27th July
Application approved - 17th Aug
Tracker - yet not activated..

Me along with my spouse and kid have planned a trip to the US next week..thinking will receive my passports in 2-3 weeks..this is 4th week now..and even called the IRCC call center support team yestersay and clearly explained them my situation and even told them about losing bookings, sitting home during vacation time and all....feeling so much tensed and frustrated now. :(:(

Come on IRCC if you are reading this, please help me out here in this situation..:(:(

vijaycrvi

Sep 14, 2015
Passport sent - 27th July
Application approved - 17th Aug
Tracker - yet not activated..

Me along with my spouse and kid have planned a trip to the US next week..thinking will receive my passports in 2-3 weeks..this is 4th week now..and even called the IRCC call center support team yestersay and clearly explained them my situation and even told them about losing bookings, sitting home during vacation time and all....feeling so much tensed and frustrated now. :(:(

Come on IRCC if you are reading this, please help me out here in this situation..:(:(
usually the trend what i have observed is typically the dispatch is happening on 5th business day after approval.

Reactions: BlueJays2017

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Please can you share your timeline. When did your passport get delivered at the ottawa office
PPR request 19 th July
Passport sent 22 nd July
Passport delivered at Ottawa 26 th July
Application approved 16 th Aug
Return tracker activated 22 nd Aug
Passport received 23 rd aug

Reactions: EdieRo