+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
On a slightly off-topic, has anybody done their landing at Point Roberts, Vancouver, recently?
I'm worried because I don't have a car (or license), and I'd have to do it by foot, and I'm not sure it's possible.
If guys know of another topic for this, can you point it? My search only returned pretty old results.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, people using FedEx don't rely only on your mobile FedEx app. For some reason the mobile FedEx app did not list the package movement details but the web based tracking did. Fortunately i checked the FedEx account through the web browser after being alerted by @adi.urban.

The tracking number remains the same (atleast in my case) and just that the mobile app did not update at all. I have used this app several times earlier (but only for domestic) and it has worked perfectly.

I am yet to collect the package. The FedEx has attempted to deliver when i was at work and has left the door tag. I can collect my package only after 6:00pm since my package is still in the delivery vehicle.

The sad part is the CIC agent is not aware that my package has left their Ottawa office. Earlier today when i called i was told that the package was not yet dispatched.

Thank you once again @adi.urban !!

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Just checked Canada post, the tracker hasn't been activated yet. Can't believe after the final approval still wait another week! Hope the tracker can be activated this Friday !

Uniquemih

Aug 23, 2017
Please is it a requirement to sign for your passport and COPR? Mine is showing delivered and I am currently at work, just wondering if it's really delivered or if I have to stop at Canada post?

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Guys, people using FedEx don't rely only on your mobile FedEx app. For some reason the mobile FedEx app did not list the package movement details but the web based tracking did. Fortunately i checked the FedEx account through the web browser after being alerted by @adi.urban.

The tracking number remains the same (atleast in my case) and just that the mobile app did not update at all. I have used this app several times earlier (but only for domestic) and it has worked perfectly.

I am yet to collect the package. The FedEx has attempted to deliver when i was at work and has left the door tag. I can collect my package only after 6:00pm since my package is still in the delivery vehicle.

The sad part is the CIC agent is not aware that my package has left their Ottawa office. Earlier today when i called i was told that the package was not yet dispatched.

Man, Lucky I checked the FedEx account. Congrats to you as well! Finally, I can focus on my stuff! I just came back from Lunch, will go home in 1.5 hrs from now and collect my passport! I missed it a lot!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tomie0987

gracefrankie

Aug 23, 2017
Hi there,

Could anyone suggest how to contact CIC call center from USA? I found two numbers 1-888-242-2100, 1-613-944-4000. However both the numbers disconnect after it determines I am calling from USA.

The wait time for application approval is killing me.

FSW
PPR - July 24
Passport Delivered to CPC Ottawa - July 28
Application Approval - Pending.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hi there,

Could anyone suggest how to contact CIC call center from USA? I found two numbers 1-888-242-2100, 1-613-944-4000. However both the numbers disconnect after it determines I am calling from USA.

The wait time for application approval is killing me.

FSW
PPR - July 24
Passport Delivered to CPC Ottawa - July 28
Application Approval - Pending.
Use Fongo Global edition site and app.

Reactions: gracefrankie

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
@tomie0987, the worst part is the FedEx received the package at 7 PM yesterday and I called them at 9 PM still, they didn't mention to me that Label had a duplicate and it was already received and will be delivered today!

Botinok

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

so I sent our passports last week and yesterday (according to Canada Post) it was delivered.

But how can I track my passport further? Any status from CIC? That they got it?
Or I just should wait and wait...

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tomie0987, the worst part is the FedEx received the package at 7 PM yesterday and I called them at 9 PM still, they didn't mention to me that Label had a duplicate and it was already received and will be delivered today!
Everything has been a surprise today :)

Last edited:

kushenviro

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Quick suggestions guys , is Niagara a safe option for landing today after 10 pm? My work permit doesn't expire until 2 more years I am Inland Candidate

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Does it really take another 7-10 days after application is approved on CIC to when the passport is dispatched back?

Reactions: EdieRo

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017

Please can you share your timeline again. Thanks.