PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN March 2016

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I login into my account and its updates when i checked it showed approved Phew!

Waiting for return tracker to be updated

inlandmeh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-10-2015
Hey guys .... Nice to see you here again. I sent our passports on March 24th and due to the long weekend it was received on 29th..... Today I got the update email and our case has been approved .... I did a stupid mistake and forgot to take note of the tracking number of the returning envelope so i wont know when it will come .... I hope i receive it back safely. I did send cpc an email requesting them to send me the tracking number but i think ill get the passports back before they read my email. .... The rest is luck

Myselfarchitect

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
NOVEMBER 6 (RCMP AND SCHEDULE A SPOUSE)
Nomination.....
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2016
inlandmeh said:
Hey guys .... Nice to see you here again. I sent our passports on March 24th and due to the long weekend it was received on 29th..... Today I got the update email and our case has been approved .... I did a stupid mistake and forgot to take note of the tracking number of the returning envelope so i wont know when it will come .... I hope i receive it back safely. I did send cpc an email requesting them to send me the tracking number but i think ill get the passports back before they read my email. .... The rest is luck
Hey Congrats :):):)
Dont worry i did the same stupid mistake dint take down the tracking number lol ...

I got PPR on 18-03-2016
Passport reached Ottawa : 22-03-2016
Application approved and closed : 01-04-2016
Passport received back : 04-04-2016

So dont worry ...try calling cic call centre if its a good agent ...will give you the tracking number . But you will get the tracking number only if the passport is send else you will have to wait.

inlandmeh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-10-2015
Myselfarchitect said:
Hey Congrats :):):)
Dont worry i did the same stupid mistake dint take down the tracking number lol ...

I got PPR on 18-03-2016
Passport reached Ottawa : 22-03-2016
Application approved and closed : 01-04-2016
Passport received back : 04-04-2016

So dont worry ...try calling cic call centre if its a good agent ...will give you the tracking number . But you will get the tracking number only if the passport is send else you will have to wait.
Nice to see you here again ..... I guess its an architects mistake ... Hahahaha

Thanks for the advice i guess i should get the passports back in two days ... If not ill call CIC .... Its good news that they keep the tracking number ... Now i feel better !

torontobc

May 2, 2015
FSW outland residing in the US, sent my passports to CPC Ottawa on 22nd March. Passports reached on 23rd. Application approved on 1st April. Return tracker activated 5th April and received my atamped passports and COPR just now on 6th April. Looking forward to the landing. Best of luck everyone for the next stages.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
torontobc said:
FSW outland residing in the US, sent my passports to CPC Ottawa on 22nd March. Passports reached on 23rd. Application approved on 1st April. Return tracker activated 5th April and received my atamped passports and COPR just now on 6th April. Looking forward to the landing. Best of luck everyone for the next stages.
Hey, congrats thanks for the update.
US resident here too. Would you mind telling me which courrier/postal service you used to get your passport back? And how much it cost (roughly)?
Thanks!

thunder007

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

Application approved and closed: 04/04/2016
Return tracker activated: 05/04/2016
CoPR recieved: 06/04/2016
Landing : Scheduled

Hang in there yours' is around the corner

Cheers

torontobc

May 2, 2015
MidoRafa said:
Hey, congrats thanks for the update.
US resident here too. Would you mind telling me which courrier/postal service you used to get your passport back? And how much it cost (roughly)?
Thanks!
Hi, thanks, I used Fedex, it cost me about $100 in total ($66 for sending the docs and $40 for the return envelope) via Fedex Express next day delivery. Best of luck!!

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
torontobc said:
Hi, thanks, I used Fedex, it cost me about $100 in total ($66 for sending the docs and $40 for the return envelope) via Fedex Express next day delivery. Best of luck!!
Thanks a lot!

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Guys, I have a question. For those of you who are in the US and recently sent your passport to the Ottawa CIC office, which courier service did you use for the RETURN shipping envelope that you also sent to CIC ?

I want to use FedEx, but the problem is that when generating the return shipping label, you HAVE to mention a ship date. But I don't know when CIC will want to ship my passport back to me, and so I don't know what Ship date to mention. I have called FedEx customer service twice and both times they've said that an open ship date isn't possible.

So how are you guys dealing with this problem ? I'm confused ???

inlandmeh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-10-2015
This will probably be my final post in this thread.

I want to thank everyone sharing their experience and helping others get a better understanding of the process. Everything i read here lead to being able to predict the next steps and dates for my application.

I have completed my timeline info in my signiture for future applicants that come by this thread. I hope it helps them better understand the process and have less stress in this long and rewarding wait....

Good luck everyone

torontobc

May 2, 2015
ahmadka said:
Guys, I have a question. For those of you who are in the US and recently sent your passport to the Ottawa CIC office, which courier service did you use for the RETURN shipping envelope that you also sent to CIC ?

I want to use FedEx, but the problem is that when generating the return shipping label, you HAVE to mention a ship date. But I don't know when CIC will want to ship my passport back to me, and so I don't know what Ship date to mention. I have called FedEx customer service twice and both times they've said that an open ship date isn't possible.

So how are you guys dealing with this problem ? I'm confused ???
They cannot generate a return label for an international shipping. So they fill a manual form and generate a waybill (with a tracking number) tagged to your Fedex account and attached to the return envelope. I don't think a shipment date is required to create this waybill. When CPC sends the passports and COPRs in the return envelope to a Fedex location, a shipping label is then generated and the tracking number gets activated. Subsequently your credit card gets charged. Hope this helps. Good luck!

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
torontobc said:
They cannot generate a return label for an international shipping. So they fill a manual form and generate a waybill (with a tracking number) tagged to your Fedex account and attached to the return envelope. I don't think a shipment date is required to create this waybill. When CPC sends the passports and COPRs in the return envelope to a Fedex location, a shipping label is then generated and the tracking number gets activated. Subsequently your credit card gets charged. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks. Did you use this method yourself, or are you merely suggesting ?

Another person suggested to me that I create a shipping label for the return now and choose a ship date that's 1-2 weeks ahead from now, with the assumption that if CIC mails after the mentioned ship date, it will just get updated in FedEx's system. Not sure how correct is this info, however this is what another member suggested I do.