09-10-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015
Passport Req..
19-02-2016
Luther said:
Thanks for your response. I will just drive down instead because i have seen lots of people in BC do flagpole there. it take about 5 to 6 hours and i probably spend my weekend in Van.

Thanks once again.
Good luck Luther! Remember to bring whole package of documents with youjust for in case. Wish you best as well!

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
05052015 said:
Hi! Did you get the appintment from CIC vancouver office? Can you tell me which date did you get?? Thank you!
I called them yesterday morning and haven't hear from Vancouver office yet....I am afraid they will take their sweet time to contact me :(

Let's see how long it will take them......Does Anybody know if I can still do landing at the border regardless of that fact I requested an appointment from CIC office?

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
05052015 said:
Good luck Luther! Remember to bring whole package of documents with youjust for in case. Wish you best as well!
Thanks Bro Wish you the same. I will make sure i have every document handy including my pay stub

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
r1987 said:
I called them yesterday morning and haven't hear from Vancouver office yet....I am afraid they will take their sweet time to contact me :(

Let's see how long it will take them......Does Anybody know if I can still do landing at the border regardless of that fact I requested an appointment from CIC office?
I don't think it matters the most important is that you get it done. I think they might take time compared to the border. The only good thing about their office in van is that they have service Canada in the same building if i am not mistaken. (The office in Sinclair center on Hastings)

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
PP reached: 29th Feb
Final Decision: Not Started

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
PPT reached 29th
Final decision: not started

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Same here ... i checked couple of times in day time, it was showing Submitted, I just checked after reading above message the status was "Updated" went inside found there was no change came out and now it is showing "Approved".

PP reached Ottawa - 29th Feb
Status - Approved - 8th Mar
Application status - Open
Final decision - Not started ....

Hopefully they will send the passport soon... Do you think we will get the PP back before weekend so that landing can be done over weekend ?? or this is too much to ask for ?

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
Luther said:
I don't think it matters the most important is that you get it done. I think they might take time compared to the border. The only good thing about their office in van is that they have service Canada in the same building if i am not mistaken. (The office in Sinclair center on Hastings)
I read somewhere few months ago that Someone did a booking with CIC and when CIC took time to replay to him/her; he/she decided to hit the border. The border officer kinda did not like that the person didn't wait for the CIC office appointment and give her/him trouble.

I am 3 hrs drive from Vancouver and the border; so it's still a day trip for me either way.

Queries: you might be lucky and get PP by Friday since you do live in Ontario (I assume), Xpresspost take only 24 hrs to reach you for Ottawa.
Your application will change to Closed/ application approved tonight, and they might dispatch your passport by Thursday.

Good luck!!!

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

I would like to share my landing experiance. I was OINP nominated and october Aor. PPR on 19 feb , passports were received on 23 Feb. Today afternoon I received my passports and decided to go Rainbow Bridge Niagra falls. Reached here at 9 pm. Entered the rainbow bridge putting 50 cents. Went to US side officer greeted me and asked the purpose. I told him I am here for landing so will be going back to Canada. As I had US visa so officer asked if I have any plans in near future. I said yes and paid him 6$US for I-94.(I did it to avoid any kind of confusion regarding entry refusal).Started walking back to Canadian side and went inside a office only one officer was there asked me the purpose, I told him I am here for landing. He have me yellow slip and directed towards another office opp. Side of road. One the officer took my passport and COPR and told me to wait until my name is called. My name was called and officer asked me about my current status which was expired in October but I had applied for restoration of status so provided him all documentation regarding that. He asked three standard questions , ever been arrested, refused entry, or have any chilren to which I said no. I was again told to sit and wait. After 10 minutes my name was called and officer told me to put initials, signature and date on COPR. After that he said you are now permanent resident and your pr card will arrive in 2 months.
Here was the whole journey. During these past three years in Canada this forum has been a great help and Would like to thank all of you specially Jes_ON, asivad-anac, dkrv, mario_ab, and scylla.

Thanks alot

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
sidaktoronto said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to share my landing experiance. I was OINP nominated and october Aor. PPR on 19 feb , passports were received on 23 Feb. Today afternoon I received my passports and decided to go Rainbow Bridge Niagra falls. Reached here at 9 pm. Entered the rainbow bridge putting 50 cents. Went to US side officer greeted me and asked the purpose. I told him I am here for landing so will be going back to Canada. As I had US visa so officer asked if I have any plans in near future. I said yes and paid him 6$US for I-94.(I did it to avoid any kind of confusion regarding entry refusal).Started walking back to Canadian side and went inside a office only one officer was there asked me the purpose, I told him I am here for landing. He have me yellow slip and directed towards another office opp. Side of road. One the officer took my passport and COPR and told me to wait until my name is called. My name was called and officer asked me about my current status which was expired in October but I had applied for restoration of status so provided him all documentation regarding that. He asked three standard questions , ever been arrested, refused entry, or have any chilren to which I said no. I was again told to sit and wait. After 10 minutes my name was called and officer told me to put initials, signature and date on COPR. After that he said you are now permanent resident and your pr card will arrive in 2 months.
Here was the whole journey. During these past three years in Canada this forum has been a great help and Would like to thank all of you specially Jes_ON, asivad-anac, dkrv, mario_ab, and scylla.

Thanks alot
Congratulations !!!! being a PNP candidate ..did they ask any other documents than PPR/Passport ??

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Queries said:
Same here ... i checked couple of times in day time, it was showing Submitted, I just checked after reading above message the status was "Updated" went inside found there was no change came out and now it is showing "Approved".

PP reached Ottawa - 29th Feb
Status - Approved - 8th Mar
Application status - Open
Final decision - Not started ....

Hopefully they will send the passport soon... Do you think we will get the PP back before weekend so that landing can be done over weekend ?? or this is too much to ask for ?
Guys - checked my account just now it has been updated again now the status is :

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

I am so so happy ... hope PP will arrive soon and can do the landing over weekend ... Thanks guys ...

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Queries said:
Congratulations !!!! being a PNP candidate ..did they ask any other documents than PPR/Passport ??
They never asked for anything else. I was expecting they would ask for proof of funds as I was out of status and not working but nothing they asked me.

joshi123

Aug 22, 2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
Hey any one with passport recieved on march 1. I m waiting fr any update.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Application approved and closed :p

Waiting for return tracker to be activated.