+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Feb 2016

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leowang said:
My applicaion approved now, but nothing change in my status page, and no update mail..
Thanks. When did Ottawa receive your passport?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lxxshell said:
Just a bank certificate stated the current balance of my account,with the bank stamp on it. The officer also explained to me that because I am FSW, so I need to show her proof of fund or proof of employment, only one of the two is OK, and she did check the amount of my fund carefully.
Oh okay thank you.. +1 for you..
I am planning to Land tomorrow.

I did not get a recent refe letter from My employer.
I have the one I used for EE Application.

I have the following docs:

- last few payslips and T4 ready .. Mine and spouse's..
-A bank letter with current balance.. Got it 2 days ago..
-Last 6 months statements with balance.. all of them shows above $15k which was my POF in EE.
-PP and CoPR
-Old Ref letter from Employer for both of us
-Work permits

Thats it??

(Is it okay if I have $2000 in my bank balance right now .. I had to take it yesterday.. Will they ask us to login and show the fund? )

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ziyoufeixiang said:
you might need a recent bank statement as I did yesterday. You might also need an employment letter, which I was asked for too.

Thank you,....

AMEM

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
IELTS Request
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
LANDED..........
DD-03-2016
Just got off the call with CIC regarding Landing Process. As per CIC online help center, we have two choices

1) Landing at Border
2) Local/Nearest CIC office.

In my case, Its Canada Place in Edmonton so i wanted to know the procedure of appointment and the timelines for that.
for people in Alberta, once you have COPR with you - you need to call CIC.
CIC will send out a request for the appointment on your behalf to your desired CIC office.

Edmonton Canada Place Office is taking 6 yo 8 weeks to send your appointment confirmation via mail to your home address.

I guess its better to go to border and get it sorted out right there.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
AMEM said:
Just got off the call with CIC regarding Landing Process. As per CIC online help center, we have two choices

1) Landing at Border
2) Local/Nearest CIC office.

In my case, Its Canada Place in Edmonton so i wanted to know the procedure of appointment and the timelines for that.
for people in Alberta, once you have COPR with you - you need to call CIC.
CIC will send out a request for the appointment on your behalf to your desired CIC office.

Edmonton Canada Place Office is taking 6 yo 8 weeks to send your appointment confirmation via mail to your home address.

I guess its better to go to border and get it sorted out right there.
Yeah, I have heard that as well that local CIC office takes longer time to give appointment. It's better to do landing at border rather than waiting for 6-8 weeks. You also need to keep in mind that your PR period starts as soon as you land and these 6-8 weeks period matters a lot if you are planning for citizenship as well.

veejay2015

Jul 20, 2015
Just received my CoPR. Landing next.

What is the landing process for folks coming from outside Canada? I assume all international airports act as a port of entry.
Also, any resources on IT job hunt, accomodations etc?

Elitelove87

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
Celpip
Nomination.....
July-9-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Anyone landing in Coutts this week or weekend?

Lxxshell

Jun 24, 2015
Doda said:
For people who got their applications approved, do you get an update/ghost email at anytime before or after approval?
I got an update email the day after I saw status changed to approved on my profile

Lxxshell

Jun 24, 2015
jemdill said:
Oh okay thank you.. +1 for you..
I am planning to Land tomorrow.

I did not get a recent refe letter from My employer.
I have the one I used for EE Application.

I have the following docs:

- last few payslips and T4 ready .. Mine and spouse's..
-A bank letter with current balance.. Got it 2 days ago..
-Last 6 months statements with balance.. all of them shows above $15k which was my POF in EE.
-PP and CoPR
-Old Ref letter from Employer for both of us
-Work permits

Thats it??

(Is it okay if I have $2000 in my bank balance right now .. I had to take it yesterday.. Will they ask us to login and show the fund? )
Of course you should be fine with all these documents, my friend landed with bank letter issued a couple days before, she got no problem, and you are cec applicant, you don't need pof, I guess the officer will not ask to see it

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hi Guys,
I need your advice. I got married 1 week before i received PPR and sent passport for myself and wife to Ottawa on the 20th. Although at the time of creating express entry profile we where in a common-law union for 4 years. The question is i just received marriage certificate in the mail today and Passport was received in Ottawa Feb 24th will it be a good idea to wait for passport to return and show marriage certificate to CBSA officer during landing ? As i don't want to drag the application for too long.

Your ideas are will appreciated

sskurra

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_CEC2410 said:
I got PPR on Feb 22nd and reached my passport to ottawa on Feb 24th. Still My application is not approved. Anybody in the same boat. When can i expect the return tracker to be activated
Hi,
My Passport Reached on 23rd Feb
Application Status - Approved and Closed - 3rd March
Awaiting for Passport

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
joshi123 said:
Hey how did u get them. I calledcic number but dnt know wat option to chose. And can i book appointmebt before i get copr??
When you get COPR it comes with a letter with the CIC call centre. Select Express Entry option the select speak to an advisor. You will need to give the your application number so they can check you have COPR so I assume you would not be able to book without this. The call centre advised Edmonton was 8 week wait but then approx 4 hrs later Edmonton phoned and gave appointment for following week.