GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Queries said:
Me too did landing at Rainbow bridge today .....Drove to Niagara ... parked my car and walked on Rainbow bridge ( my wife wanted to cross the border by walk :) ) US side officer just asked me the purpose of visit i said we are here for flag polling.. he gave me one white paper "entry refused" reason flag polling ... cross the bridge again and came back to Canada side where the lady gave me yellow paper and asked me to to go to immigration office on other side of the road .... went inside the hall was full of people... i gave my paper and waited for around 1 hr ...then my name was called ... she asked for landing papers (COPR) and driving licence to just write down the address .... asked t wait again .. and this wait was just 5 minutes ... then she asked 3 questions.....ever went to jail .. convicted for any crime ...etc .. and then said now you are "Permanent Resident" ...yeeeee
so now i will wait for around 2 months for PR card to arrive in my mailbox ..... :) :) :)
Finally i must thanks each and every member of this forum who helped me directly/indirectly ...without whom it would not have been possible ... Thank You Every one ... and Good Luck !!!
Hi Queries,
Just to make sure. I am waiting for my COPR now. After getting it, I am planning to do landing. My question is "I don't have driving license. I have only provioncial ID with old address. Do they accept my address just with words? Can I give my friend's address for my PR card's mail address? "

Thanks in advance.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
I sent an email for Correction of COPR for my wife and kid to CPC-CTD-Ottawa as per their instructions. I send the email previous week. Does anybody know what is the turnaround time to expect reply from CPC-CTD-Ottawa . I am waiting for the correction.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GG_CR7 said:
Hi Queries,
Just to make sure. I am waiting for my COPR now. After getting it, I am planning to do landing. My question is "I don't have driving license. I have only provioncial ID with old address. Do they accept my address just with words? Can I give my friend's address for my PR card's mail address? "

Thanks in advance.
They will accept it... I just gave them my address..
They did not ask me any address proof.. I had it btw

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
jemdill said:
They will accept it... I just gave them my address..
They did not ask me any address proof.. I had it btw
Thanks a lot for your response Jemdill.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
GG_CR7 said:
Hi Queries,

Thanks in advance.
They should ... they just asked so that they will write it correctly (i guess) .... :)

spycoon

Aug 21, 2015
I made a stupid mistake.
I didn't include a copy of my PPR email when I mailed my passport to Ottawa. Do you guys think it would cause any trouble or deply? I did include a sticky note with my UCI and application number on it. :(

Thanks!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spycoon said:
I made a stupid mistake.
I didn't include a copy of my PPR email when I mailed my passport to Ottawa. Do you guys think it would cause any trouble or deply? I did include a sticky note with my UCI and application number on it. :(

Thanks!
Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. If you're in Canada, you can call CIC hotline and ask what you should do. 1 888 242 2100

mwfo

Mar 12, 2016
spycoon said:
I made a stupid mistake.

Thanks!
I think you are fine, they have your passport which has all your information- why u don't send an email with clarification.

Good luck- you'll be happy sooon.

spycoon

Aug 21, 2015
mwfo said:
I think you are fine, they have your passport which has all your information- why u don't send an email with clarification.

Good luck- you'll be happy sooon.
Thank you so much! I will email them as well!

Johankim

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
when do they send CoPR to me? I am from a Visa exempt country and my friends around me got just only 6 days. but not me.
I am so stressful.

Mar 7 - DM
Mar 8 - PPR and sent a copy of the passport.

Xpresspost received by Ottawa already
what's the problem?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johankim said:
when do they send CoPR to me? I am from a Visa exempt country and my friends around me got just only 6 days. but not me.
I am so stressful.

Mar 7 - DM
Mar 8 - PPR and sent a copy of the passport.

Xpresspost received by Ottawa already
what's the problem?
Don't worry. It takes Ottawa from 15 - 20 days to return the passports after receiving them. Some people reported 10 days as well.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moko369 said:
Passport received at CPC on Mar 4 but there's no updates just yet. Is it normal?
Yes, keep an eye on your MyCIC for application approval and closure. After that they will ship your pavkage with 2 to 3 days.