+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Feb 2016

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scottygirl said:
Your permit becomes invalid as soon as you confirm your PR status with immigration ie doing flagpoling at the land border or when landing at airport immigration
Oh Okay.. Thank you..
So we apply for Travel Document through My CIC?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
It takes maximum 2-3 weeks to get the travel document. Also, the processing time for PR card has gone down to 42 days.
Thank you... :)

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Oh Okay.. Thank you..
So we apply for Travel Document through My CIC?
You can find additional details on how to apply here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
You can find additional details on how to apply here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

Thank u so much.. :)

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
"Application Approved" some days ago, and still waiting for the return tracker to get activated ::)

Come on baby - don't say "maybe"! :D

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
Got my copr...canada post is super fast :D

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jemdill said:
Once we complete the landing I can go to India for my vacation right? Or do I need to wait for anything else?
You would need PR card to enter Canada ideally which takes 3 months to receive.

There has been some fuss about entering Canada using only COPR so I have doubts about. I have heard of people who seemingly claimed to have used COPR for entry from US though I doubt it unless they kind of delayed their actual landing and kept using prior work permit + visa for entering Canada (Once you do landing, as part of the process your existing work permit and visas are invalidated kind of - I have heard CBSA citing both a) Cancelling work permit and trv b) You do not need this anymore. So this is kind of uncertain)

If say for instance you have lost your PR card, you might be able to get CIC to issue you a travel document as a substitute. But I don't know if that can be done when you are waiting to receive first PR card.

Currently I have seen it taken upwards of 110 days to receive - apparently those cards issued in 2016 seem to have some new chip added adding extra time.

If I were you, I would check with CBSA first - thoroughly about terms of getting back into Canada. Best time to ask is when you are completing your landing.

Ideally if you could delay a trip until receiving PR card, its certainly better.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
You would need PR card to enter Canada ideally which takes 3 months to receive.

There has been some fuss about entering Canada using only COPR so I have doubts about. I have heard of people who seemingly claimed to have used COPR for entry from US though I doubt it unless they kind of delayed their actual landing and kept using prior work permit + visa for entering Canada (Once you do landing, as part of the process your existing work permit and visas are invalidated kind of - I have heard CBSA citing both a) Cancelling work permit and trv b) You do not need this anymore. So this is kind of uncertain)

If say for instance you have lost your PR card, you might be able to get CIC to issue you a travel document as a substitute. But I don't know if that can be done when you are waiting to receive first PR card.

Currently I have seen it taken upwards of 110 days to receive - apparently those cards issued in 2016 seem to have some new chip added adding extra time.

If I were you, I would check with CBSA first - thoroughly about terms of getting back into Canada. Best time to ask is when you are completing your landing.

Ideally if you could delay a trip until receiving PR card, its certainly better.

Thanks alot..
Yeah I wanted to go for Easter as my father is coming for vacation same time.. He will be there only for 2 months and I have not seen him for 4 years.. I was waiting for this PR process to be done.. :(

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Empirical said:
"Application Approved" some days ago, and still waiting for the return tracker to get activated ::)

Come on baby - don't say "maybe"! :D
And it has just been activated. Life is sweet :D

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
Empirical said:
And it has just been activated. Life is sweet :D
When did Ottawa received you passport ?

Thanks

Andy

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
jemdill said:
Thanks alot..
Yeah I wanted to go for Easter as my father is coming for vacation same time.. He will be there only for 2 months and I have not seen him for 4 years.. I was waiting for this PR process to be done.. :(
If u havent already crossed the border, the best choice is to see the validity of ur single entry pr visa when u get copr..if it is valid for the duration of ur travel,there is nothing to worry..just go right away and u can do landing when u return..

In all other cases,

It takes 42 days +mailing time for the card now..if u cant wait that long,just arrange somebody to send ur card by secured post or in person to wherever you are..so that u can return easily..otherwise u can request for a travel document from the embassy in your country if the trip is very urgent..u have options to make pr card processing faster by claiming about ur trip plans, but cant always trust..