+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA in April 2016

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone with Return tracker activated ???
Not yet for me
Application was approved and closed on April 13.

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
Is there anyone with Return tracker activated ???
Not yet for me
Application was approved and closed on April 13.
don't worry it happens..
this happened with me last year when i applied for my TRV.. i received my PP back but the tracking number never became active though !!

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanuxxi said:
Am I the only one with no updates on mycic? :'(
don't worry m there :)
PPR request April 5th... Sent April 7th... Recd April 9th.

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Hello,

from within Canada, the self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post.

However, can we send the passports to CPC-Ottawa by Fedex?

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patica said:
Hello,

from within Canada, the self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post.

However, can we send the passports to CPC-Ottawa by Fedex?
If you are in Canada, why do you like to send it by Fedex not CanadaPost, is there a specific reason ?

You're right, there are no specific instructions for the first email (from you to Ottawa), if I were you I would just use Canada Post to keep things simple not complicated.

The Xpresspost service is ready good you can also add a signature request for both mails. Good Luck

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
mdotk said:
If you are in Canada, why do you like to send it by Fedex not CanadaPost, is there a specific reason ?

You're right, there are no specific instructions for the first email (from you to Ottawa), if I were you I would just use Canada Post to keep things simple not complicated.

The Xpresspost service is ready good you can also add a signature request for both mails. Good Luck

[/quote]

Thank you, it is just because I think courier is more reliable than canada post. But I believe you are right, let make things esasier...

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
I have landed as PR last night at Peace Bridge (Ontario)...

I went to US on Thursday (For some shopping :)) and returned Canada on Friday late night (11.20 PM)

It is about 10 mins process...

while crossing border I was given a yellow slip and told to park the car and enter the building...

When I went in, I was called by an officer... she is very polite with a good smiling face... she took my Passport and CoPR ... typed something in the system and asked me the following questions..

1. Where do you live in Canada? (I guess for address to mail PR Card)
2. Have you ever committed any crime in any country you visited or Have you been rejected for any visa by Canada?
3. Do you have any funds in Canada?
4. Do you have receipts for all goods that purchased and bringing into Canada? (As I did a lot of Shopping :) )
5. Are there any goods that are following later?

She handed over the CoPR and told me to sign on both.... I did and returned both to her.

She then explained me the rules and regulations having a PR. She even told me to change my Sin, Health Card, etc.

Then she gave a copy back to me along with my passport and Yellow slip and told me "You are all set to go"... "Welcome to Canada, Congratulation on your Permanent Residency"

so I came out with my passport and CoPR ...

Thank you guys for your support

singhmik

Aug 31, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2015
Doc's Request.
05-01-2016 & 25-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
legalfalcon said:
Just to add:
I called CIC as I dont have a valid visa but have a valid work permit and was scheduled to travel United states. CIC agent told me that you can re-enter from United States without having a valid Visa of Canada but if you want to travel to any other country and re-enter then you need to apply for Visa before travelling.
So as per her a valid work permit is enough though it says it does not authorize re-entry.

As of March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.

However, from March 15, 2016 until fall 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. During this time, border services officers can let travellers arriving without an eTA into the country, as long as they meet the other requirements to enter Canada.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Passport sent on Apr 07 (received by IRCC on April 11).

Playing the waiting game now, and missing our passports! :D

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah, me too missing my PP.

I hope this would be the last wait.

The return tracker not yet active

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdotk said:
yeah, me too missing my PP.

I hope this would be the last wait.

The return tracker not yet active
Hello Guys !!

The issue is that when you sent your passports you did not get both the envelopes scanned , therefore the returning envelope cannot be tracked now.
Don't worry you will have passports today for sure.
And please advise all others that they should get both the envelopes scanned at the time of sending passports.

saba_canada

Oct 14, 2015
Hello experts

I got my Passport request on 15th April and sent the package today to CPC Ottawa.

After applying for PR ..I went on a short vacation trip (4 weeks) to India via Dubai so i got new stamps in my passport from India and Dubai.

Do I need to inform CIC about this or it is OK as it was short trip. The concern is that the passport scans I submitted in my PR application will be different with the passport that I just sent across. Pls. advise.

Thanks and pls. suggest.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
Hello Guys !!

The issue is that when you sent your passports you did not get both the envelopes scanned , therefore the returning envelope cannot be tracked now.
Don't worry you will have passports today for sure.
And please advise all others that they should get both the envelopes scanned at the time of sending passports.
What makes you so sure ?? you are now making us worried !

I send return mails inside the envelope many many times before and every time the tacking was activated normally once the mail leaves the origin.

I have never received a return mail without tracking not activated.

do you mean that the employee at Canada post did not scan both envelope at the time of sending the passports?
do you think that this happened to all of us by chance ?
As far as I remember, the 2 envelopes are scanned in order to be billed into the receipt.

My guess is that all of our passports are waiting to be sent together and he tracking number will be activated. So it is only a matter of time.

saba_canada

Oct 14, 2015
saba_canada said:
Hello experts

I got my Passport request on 15th April and sent the package today to CPC Ottawa.

After applying for PR ..I went on a short vacation trip (4 weeks) to India via Dubai so i got new stamps in my passport from India and Dubai.

Do I need to inform CIC about this or it is OK as it was short trip. The concern is that the passport scans I submitted in my PR application will be different with the passport that I just sent across. Pls. advise.

Thanks and pls. suggest.
Any suggestions pls.