AOR Received.
2nd December 2015
Passport Req..
26th April
VISA ISSUED...
11th May
LANDED..........
17th May 2016
Guys I got my pp too. But they messed up my last entry date and original entry date. What should I do?

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
hey guys for how long the visa is valid?
i have so many events this year and my medical will expire in December so i have to plan ahead. anyone please reply.

thanks,

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a silly question: how do you land with PR thru EE?
If you live, let's say , in Dawson Creek, BC. Are you still supposed to got to US/Canada BORDER to "land' (approximately 1125 km)? :eek:

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
Sehbaaz said:
Guys I got my pp too. But they messed up my last entry date and original entry date. What should I do?
I have correct entry date but my last entry date is 2nd last one
how about you?

Sehbaaz

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28th Oct,2015
AOR Received.
2nd December 2015
Passport Req..
26th April
VISA ISSUED...
11th May
LANDED..........
17th May 2016
Both dates r wrong on mine.

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hey all
I did landing this morning at 8:40 am at peace arch border. I will share my experience once i get home. Everything went well. Yes they messed up with my orig and last entry date on COPR, but i didnt say anything to the officer. I just kept quite :D

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
So here are the details of my landing:

This morning at 7:30 we(My spouse and I) reached Peace Arch border. There was only 5 mins wait at the border. At the booth, the officer asked us "whats purpose of visiting United States?" . I told him "For shopping". He asked when we last time visited US. He put the orange sticker on the windshield and asked us to go on the left, park the car and then go inside. And take the orange paper with you guys inside. Inside there was no queue. Then two officers who were sitting next to each other started talking to each of us. They started asking general questions about back home and about its weather. Just asked us, so where you guys going ? Then while talking they took the finger prints and picture. They stamped the passports and attached that Departure Record slips to our passports. Then at the end, one officer was " Don't party too much :D Have a good day. Just pay $6 each at the cashier and take this orange slip outside". After paying we went out and handed that orange slip to guy at the booth outside. Then we drove to US. We went to nearest gas stations to get gas. After that we drove back to Canada. There was no line-up on this side. At the booth, we told the officer that we just got gas in US and we are doing our landing today. We already handed her our passports with Immigrant visa stamp page open. So, she asked couple routine questions "Any furniture following you guys ? Any of you convicted any crime? " etc etc... So she given us yellow slip and pointed us towards the parking area and told us to talk to that officer and then go inside. Then the other officer told us where to park and which line to go in when we get inside. Then inside, the officer took our work permits, he didn't look at those properly. He was like now you guys don't need this. He never given those back to us. Then asked us whether the name and DOB are correct for both of you ? Who is the primary applicant ? Then asked us to put initials at two places on COPR and at the end of the page we both signed on own COPR's then he signed. Then he handed over "Information for Permanent Residents" manual ( 4 pages document) to both of us and asked us to sit and read it. He asked us if we have any questions. Then we asked him that we have some jewelry pictures that we want to declare. We told him that we read on CIC website about carrying the pictures. He was like lets do that at the very end. Then we read that document and he called us back. We just quickly went over the complete document and explained every section in short form. After that he handed over a form to us to declare all the jewellery that you will be bringing later to canada. He just photo-copied that form and all pictures for their record. Then he handed us Canada flags and said " Congratulations! Enjoy your day guys".

Everything went smoothly and took us another 10 mins on Canada side. On US side, also took roughly 15 mins ( including wait time). I just want to thank everyone for answering my questions. And Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their passports :)

Just FYI to those who doesn't want to go inside on US side, if you living close to any international land borders, then I recommend to make one trip to US prior (like month in advance). In your first trip, you will get CBP I-94 A Departure Record ( white slip), which is valid for 6 months. You can go back and forth, without need of going inside and seeing another officer. If you have this slip or valid 6 month entry stamp, then you will come across the officer in outside booth. He will just scan the passport and you will be good to go. I know, everyone go for Flag-poling, I didn't want to go for flag-poling thats why made this U-trip :) If you have US visa, you don't have to do flag-poling IMO.

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Now coming back to errors on my COPR ( we didnt mention anything about this to the officer during landing) Then the document/manual officer handed us, that clearly says " If you discover at some future date that your COPR document contains information that was incorrect at the time you became a permanent residenr ( an error in your name, date or place of birth, citizenship,sex, marital status, date of original entry, or date of landing), contact the CIC call centre for information on amending the document". So after reading this complete statement, we were like okay we can always get it changed later. So, then after coming back I checked the CIC website and found the following information :

What information may be corrected?

Your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) will be amended only to correct errors made by Canadian immigration officials in recording the information you provided when you applied to come to Canada.

Errors in the following information may be corrected:

Family name
Given name(s)
Date of birth
Place of birth
Country of birth
Citizenship
Sex
Marital status
Date or original entry
Date of landing

Here are the useful links :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

I am sure this post will answer all of your questions especially to those who got errors in their COPR's. I am sure before landing you just have to make sure that visa that got stamped on your passport contains the correct information, that what matters the most. The paper that comes along with COPR and passport, that clearly says make sure all main details( Name, passport number, passport expiry, DOB, UCI) on COPR and visa match your passport.

Just another Note: Officer told us that once you get the PR card,make sure you keep the COPR at safe place. Then one friend of mine told me that you will need COPR during the citizenship process. So, landing date and orig entry date matters, if you were here in canada on TRV. If new citizenship rules kick in , so you have to get the credit of 1 year. So, I guess they will use this COPR to evaluate that 1 year credit or probably when we landed. 'Last entry date' does matter that much, IMO. Everywhere CIC is talking about landing and orig entry date.

IK92

Dec 2, 2015
Just checked my CIC account online and it says approved. I sent my passport on 10th May 2016. Hopefully the tracker will be activated early next week.
Btw, i didn't get any email from CIC about update on my application, I just checked randomly and found the update.

kayvar

Jan 7, 2017
What phone number did you use while sending through UPS? They asked me for the recipient's phone number.