+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Pls way for 2-way o. VFS will charge you about 16,000 to deliver to you while DHL will charge about 2,600 for the second leg
Sorry, I don't understand.
I want to pay for 2 way so that I'm done with any more payments.

I did my biometrics in VFS Lagos. So I guess I don't have to pay for transmission fee or any other thing to VFS again.
I only have to pay DHL for 2 way to take my passport to VFS Lagos and pick it up from VFS Lagos to my house.
1. Is that correct please?
2. What's the 16,000 for?
3. What's the 2,600 for?

I really want to get this process correct and not mess it up from my end.

Last edited:

DiggingDeep

Jan 31, 2022
Sorry, I don't understand.
I want to pay for 2 way so that I'm done with any more payments.

I did my biometrics in VFS Lagos. So I guess I don't have to pay for transmission fee or any other thing to VFS again.
I only have to pay DHL for 2 way to take my passport to VFS Lagos and pick it up from VFS Lagos to my house.
1. Is that correct please?
2. What's the 16,000 for?
3. What's the 2,600 for?

I really want to get this process correct and not mess it up from my end.
Yes you're correct. Paying for 2 way means DHL will pick up from VFS Lagos and deliver to your home.

The 2,600 is the amount DHL will charge for delivering to your home from VFS Lagos (if you reside within Lagos). Not sure how much they charge if you're outside Lagos.

16,000 is the amount VFS would charge to courier your passport back to you if you don't pay for 2 way with DHL.

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Any updates guys?
I got the following update today but I'm not sure where CVO is and the tracking website has not been updated yet. Anyway, still hoping for the best.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Feb 17 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global

Reactions: Joeyjo and EjayMary

EjayMary

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I got the following update today but I'm not sure where CVO is and the tracking website has not been updated yet. Anyway, still hoping for the best.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Feb 17 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global
Congratulations,if you did a 2-way courier service, it would be picked up from VFS Lagos by the courier company. Please did you get a mail after February 9th, before you got this today?

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Congratulations,if you did a 2-way courier service, it would be picked up from VFS Lagos by the courier company. Please did you get a mail after February 9th, before you got this today?
Yes, got a notification on the 10th that it was under processing at IRCC office

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017

Regards,

VFS Global
Hi, did u mail your passport through the Lagos VFS, if yes what date? i mailed mine on Feb 4th and still do not have any update other than the below msg.

"Your application, tracking ID No. is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Office, on for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria"

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021

Regards,

VFS Global
Congratulations!!

Any changes in your profile?

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi, did u mail your passport through the Lagos VFS, if yes what date? i mailed mine on Feb 4th and still do not have any update other than the below msg.

"Your application, tracking ID No. is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Office, on for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria"
Yes via VFS Lagos dropped it at DHL on Jan 14 and it got to VFS on the 17th.

I got that same message on Jan 19th. I hope that helps a bit. I would suggest you email them because even though I know they most likely mail passports in batches, I think they misplaced the passport. It was after I emailed them that I started getting some movement and updates.

Last edited: