+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Thanks for the update.

That's a lot of time between when you sent it to VFS and and when VFS is sending to IRCC office. It's almost 4 weeks. I wonder how many weeks it will take to return to you.
I'm thinking the whole process may be two months.
I wonder as well. I'm hopeful it'll be soon though. I actually think they must have left the passport somewhere because when I didn't get any notification from them that it had reached Ghana, I sent an email for an update on Feb 3. Once I did that, it seems like there have been movement since then. Fingers crossed for good news soon.

DiggingDeep

Jan 31, 2022
@Dee O
@Joeyjo

I sent passport from VFS Lagos to Accra on Feb 1st and received tracking number through an email on Feb 2nd. I tracked my passport on Feb 5 using vfs website and it stated passport was dispatched and in transit to IRCC office from VAC office Ghana.

Yesterday (Feb 9) I received two emails from vfs, the first email stated decision envelope has been processed and sent back to VAC Ghana and that envelope will be delivered to me via VFS courier.
Surprisingly, second email came about 2 hours later that passport was in transit to IRCC office for processing.

I tracked the application today on VFS website and its says passport is processed and sent to VAC Office on Feb 9.

Pls has anyone had similar conflicting updates with your passport? It's very confusing not sure what to believe now

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
@Dee O
@Joeyjo

I sent passport from VFS Lagos to Accra on Feb 1st and received tracking number through an email on Feb 2nd. I tracked my passport on Feb 5 using vfs website and it stated passport was dispatched and in transit to IRCC office from VAC office Ghana.

Yesterday (Feb 9) I received two emails from vfs, the first email stated decision envelope has been processed and sent back to VAC Ghana and that envelope will be delivered to me via VFS courier.
Surprisingly, second email came about 2 hours later that passport was in transit to IRCC office for processing.

I tracked the application today on VFS website and its says passport is processed and sent to VAC Office on Feb 9.

Pls has anyone had similar conflicting updates with your passport? It's very confusing not sure what to believe now
I got two conflicting updates like yours!

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021
@Dee O
@Joeyjo

https://www.am22tech.com/ca/vfs-message-meaning/#2-envelope

You can click on that link to have an understanding of the different updates.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I will be sending my passport through DHL to VFS Lagos on Thursday.
Please how should I address the envelope I'm giving to DHL?
Should I address it to VFS Lagos or IRCC Ghana?

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021
I will be sending my passport through DHL to VFS Lagos on Thursday.
Please how should I address the envelope I'm giving to DHL?
Should I address it to VFS Lagos or IRCC Ghana?
I did not address my envelope to anyone. Just told DHL where I was sending it to and they added that in their system.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I did not address my envelope to anyone. Just told DHL where I was sending it to and they added that in their system.
Thank you.
You paid for two way courier right? I mean DHL will deliver it to VFS Lagos and then pick it up when it's ready and deliver it to your address?

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021
Thank you.
You paid for two way courier right? I mean DHL will deliver it to VFS Lagos and then pick it up when it's ready and deliver it to your address?
I paid for one way. Expecting VFS Lagos to notify me when its ready.

I did not have enough information about the two way courier and the DHL lady said she was only aware of the one way.