+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Finally i received passport back today.

Sent on 13th November at VFS Abuja
Delivered on 15th November
Didn't get any update, email nor message.
Call VFS and they said they don't have my passport
Sent a friend of mine, on 29th to the embassy, and he saw the passport where it was abandoned
Same 29th November i received an approval email and Counterfoil on my online account
Passport dispatched and handed over to courier on 2nd December,
Passport received 3rd December.
Please at did your friend have to show when he went to the VFS?

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Please at did your friend have to show when he went to the VFS?
Copy of my international passport
Confirmation letter from Courier that my passport was delivered
Confirmation of online appointment booking

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Your passport was stamped in Abuja?
I think she's conflating VFS with VO. her friend went to the VFS to inquire about her passport.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Have you picked up your passport yet?
Picked up my passport along with copr today around 12 noon. VFS hasn't sent out a pick up notice yet neither by e-mail nor sms.
I decided to go in person today because i was told of someone who picked up their's last week Monday as well.

Brief timeline:

Passport submission: 19th Nov (Tuesday)
COPR update on CIC account: 4th Dec (Wednesday)
Passport Pick-up: 9th December (Monday)

P.S Visa is still in being issued in Accra, Ghana.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_fabrizio

ColexMT

Jul 14, 2019
Picked up my passport along with copr today around 12 noon. VFS hasn't sent out a pick up notice yet neither by e-mail nor sms.
I decided to go in person today because i was told of someone who picked up their's last week Monday as well.

Brief timeline:

Thanks Kayne. I followed your lead and picked up my passport about 30 minutes ago. Your updates were a lifesaver. Wish you and all yours the best in Canada.

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
W

Brief timeline:

Wow maybe I should try this too , I am waiting for my passport back and it’s been 4 weeks already, no updates from VAC? What do you think I should do ?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
W

Wow maybe I should try this too , I am waiting for my passport back and it’s been 4 weeks already, no updates from VAC? What do you think I should do ?
If your CIC account has been updated to approved then definitely go there asap. Your passport and copr are waiting for you.

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
If your CIC account has been updated to approved then definitely go there asap. Your passport and copr are waiting for you.
Yes please my cic account is updated as APPROVED.. I got my pre-Arrival service letter on the 18th of Nov , I WAS at the Vac office Accra to submit my Passport pictures for for visa processing on 25th Nov , I was given a receipt for my passport collection till date no email no updates? how long will Cic take to stamp visa and prepare COPR

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Yes please my cic account is updated as APPROVED.. I got my pre-Arrival service letter on the 18th of Nov , I WAS at the Vac office Accra to submit my Passport pictures for for visa processing on 25th Nov , I was given a receipt for my passport collection till date no email no updates? how long will Cic take to stamp visa and prepare COPR
Visit the office where you submitted your passport to inquire if your passport is ready for pick up.

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Visit the office where you submitted your passport to inquire if your passport is ready for pick up.
My passport was kept on the day of interview on 5th November at the Canadian Embassy Accra , the VO kept all the supporting documents together with my passport after the interview and assured me , if I’m approved I will be given a call for pick up .. visa fee is paid , passport photos submitted, everything is done now , and it’s tako long for visa stamping? DO u think I should visit the embassy or the VFS Accra