+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I don't know when the file was transferred to Accra, but according to the online tool for checking your application processing, my wife's eligibility processing started in October 3, 2019, & my own processing was started in November 5, 2019, which is about when I got my biometric request letter.
Therefore, I guess my file was transferred after my wife's eligibility to sponsor was concluded, which should be between October 3 and November 5, 2019.
I received my PPR email on March 16, 2020, just before the temporary closure of the Canadian visa centers.
If u got PPR March 16th and ur gckey profile has been approved, ur passport stamped and delivered to u, then u must be a very lucky person

SAMPEARL

Oct 15, 2019
Guys, I got my passport with visa stamped delivered to me today.
So happy there is nothing stopping me anymore from joining my wife.
Congratulations .... Please i want to ask if IRCC extended the visa expiration date for you.

Gface123

Jun 10, 2020
Congratulations .... Please i want to ask if IRCC extended the visa expiration date for you.
I g
Guys, I got my passport with visa stamped delivered to me today.
So happy there is nothing stopping me anymore from joining my wife.
i got my pp and copr yesterday and I’m planning to travel from Cotonou on Friday.. can anyone advice me on how to travel from Cotonou

Ttayo

Jul 3, 2020
Good morning,

Please i want to make an inquiry on those who submitted their passport at VFS Lagos if they have gotten any update yet. I submitted my passport on the 9th of March but still yet to be approved on the IRCC portal. tried to find out from Vfs Lagos but no response. On the tracking portal, still giving the same response since the passport was submitted.

Kindly assist with the possible next line of action.

Thank you

Ttayo

Jul 3, 2020
I think u should contact VFS global, Accra, & they will provide u with helpful info
I also submitted my family's passports in Lagos VFS on March 9, 2020. So far no updates on the VFS site. The question is, will contacting VFS Accra be useful since we only submitted in Lagos?

SAMPEARL

Oct 15, 2019
I also submitted my family's passports in Lagos VFS on March 9, 2020. So far no updates on the VFS site. The question is, will contacting VFS Accra be useful since we only submitted in Lagos?
Same here ... I submitted mine March 12, 2020 at Lagos VFS.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
If u got PPR March 16th and ur gckey profile has been approved, ur passport stamped and delivered to u, then u must be a very lucky person
Man, God is the one that all the thanks belongs to o! He made it possible & smooth.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Nope! My visa validity period is within a good time for me to make a move.
It's going to be February 26, 2021, which is d date of d expiry of my medicals.
I don't think they would want to extend that of someone with more than enough time like myself.

ussyberry

Jul 31, 2019
Abuja
I don't think they would want to extend that of someone with more than enough time like myself.
Congratulations! Please what is your AOR again?

SAMPEARL

Oct 15, 2019
Thank you

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hello,

I'm assuming everyone or most people in this thread has received PPR from Accra Visa Office.

What do you think was the average progressing time from AVO before the pandemic?

Was 9 to 10 months a reasonable average progressing time? I know AVO is pretty slow.
Spousal sponsorship normal processing time takes a year, but then, some cases concluded within 6 months, some like mine, within 7 months, & so on it goes. Note too that there were some that concluded after a year.

I don't know exactly why it happens that way, but based on IRCC instruction document for filling the forms, personal experience & research, I think the reasons include:-

1. Completeness of file: If all required documents are provided, & IRCC instructions are strictly adhered to, such as arranging the files in the recommended order specified on the checklist form, with the checklist being on top.
And in case of missing/incomplete documents, a letter must be written to explain. In my case, my police certificate does not have a passport number coz my passport was ready then, & I didn't submit a birth certificate, but used an affidavit to declare my age. I included letters to explain.

2. Your background check: IRCC makes sure of who is immigrating to Canada & do a thorough check. They check your background from when you become 18yrs old. So, the more they have to check, the longer it will take.
For example, if an applicant has lived in more than one country, his processing time will definitely be longer than someone who has lived in his country of origin. Also, if someone has a tainted record, it can add to delays too.

3. Other reasons: Difficulty for IRCC to verify your info, complete all checks, delays in providing requested supporting documents from IRCC, etc.

Therefore, one cannot really predict for sure how long a process will take, but can start hoping for an IRCC decision after medicals, which can happen in 6 months, & the wait can be till one year from AOR. In cases beyond a year, which is more than the normal processing time, the applicant can contact IRCC & they will respond to his inquiry.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
It is possible that your passport has not been returned to Nigeria from Accra, & if that is the case, VFS global, Accra, will tell you how to get it back, directly delivered to u, if you contact them by mail.

Ttayo

Jul 3, 2020
It is possible that your passport has not been returned to Nigeria from Accra, & if that is the case, VFS global, Accra, will tell you how to get it back, directly delivered to u, if you contact them by mail.
Oh! Many thanks. I will contact them right away.

Ttayo

Jul 3, 2020
Hello guys. Latest update! Lagos VFS reopens from Monday 24th August 2020 and to operate from Mondays to Fridays. Its looking more hopeful now.