+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I submitted our passports (me and 3 kids) on the 31st of January and no update yet on CIC online account.

But I am worried about one thing,
2 of my kids are American citizens and when submitting passports, I didnt know I also have to submit their American passports and only submitted their Nigerian passports even though in eAPR I indicated their dual citizenship.
My PPR email didnt State anything in regards to submitting their American passports.... I only found out from reading other people's thread about submitting copy of their American passports....

Will this cause any problem for us? What do u advice I should do? Anybody in this same situation or similar? This Friday will make it 3 weeks we submitted the passports at VFS Abuja.....

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I submitted our passports (me and 3 kids) on the 31st of January and no update yet on CIC online account.

2 of my kids are American citizens and when submitting passports, I didnt know I also have to submit their American passports and only submitted their Nigerian passports even though in eAPR I indicated their dual citizenship.
My PPR email didnt State anything in regards to submitting their American passports.... I only found out from reading other people's thread about submitting copy of their American passports....

Will this cause any problem for us? What do u advice I should do? Anybody in this same situation or similar? This Friday will make it 3 weeks we submitted the passports at VFS Abuja.....
If you applied for them as “Nigerians”, and included their dual citizenship as Americans, the system already has them as requiring a counterfoil. This should not be an issue, and I doubt this is the reason for the “delay”. If for any reason they want to see copies of their US passports, they’ll request for them.

In my opinion, nothing to sweat about.

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
If you applied for them as “Nigerians”, and included their dual citizenship as Americans, the system already has them as requiring a counterfoil. This should not be an issue, and I doubt this is the reason for the “delay”. If for any reason they want to see copies of their US passports, they’ll request for them.

In my opinion, nothing to sweat about.
Thank you for your swift response. Yes I applied for them as Nigerians and also included their dual citizenship.

But i wonder why my status update still shows "action required" and Additonal Document section still shows "we are reviewing the additional document you provided"....
And besides, I got my PPR on the night of 30th of January and on the morning of 31st of January, I got an ADR for resubmitting Schedule A for my non accompanying spouse which I submitted immediately....

When I called CIC on the 7th of April (a week later), the agent said on their side, my application shows everything is approved and no additional document required.... but they have no access to Accra VO where my file has been transferred to for PR Visa processing...

Now i dont know why my account still says your action is required.. .. the wait is killing...

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your swift response. Yes I applied for them as Nigerians and also included their dual citizenship.

But i wonder why my status update still shows "action required" and Additonal Document section still shows "we are reviewing the additional document you provided"....
And besides, I got my PPR on the night of 30th of January and on the morning of 31st of January, I got an ADR for resubmitting Schedule A for my non accompanying spouse which I submitted immediately....

When I called CIC on the 7th of April (a week later), the agent said on their side, my application shows everything is approved and no additional document required.... but they have no access to Accra VO where my file has been transferred to for PR Visa processing...

Now i dont know why my account still says your action is required.. .. the wait is killing...
“Action required” maybe due to a number of reasons, which includes technical, with the system. However, since you know for a fact that your file is in Accra, you may proactively resend the Schedule A form and include copies of the kids’ US passports bio data page, via webform.

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
“Action required” maybe due to a number of reasons, which includes technical, with the system. However, since you know for a fact that your file is in Accra, you may proactively resend the Schedule A form and include copies of the kids’ US passports bio data page, via webform.
The agent I spoke to then said they have received the schedule A and no other document is required from me. But then status still shows action required... so I am thinking of sending just copies of my kids US passports to Accra VO through web form... what do u think?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The agent I spoke to then said they have received the schedule A and no other document is required from me. But then status still shows action required... so I am thinking of sending just copies of my kids US passports to Accra VO through web form... what do u think?
I think you should proceed. Sometimes, these officers just needs something to direct their attention to a file they may have overlooked.

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Thank you.... for your swift response and advice.... I will proceed to do that.... I have nothing to loose....

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Thank you so much.

I have just sent the webform with the copies of their passports to Accra VO. I have this stimulates them to process our passports quickly...

Bimzy2020

Jan 8, 2020
Thank you so much.

I have just sent the webform with the copies of their passports to Accra VO. I have this stimulates them to process our passports quickly...
Please how did you reach Accra VO. Could you kindly provide the link or explain.
I think I have to intimate them about my change of passport as well.

oddy4real

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

As per the timing, i don't think you have anything to fear. Most of those on this thread submitted their passports that week and have heard nothing.