Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
So I get my PPR throught and send my Passorts back registered post from Canada to London UK on the 8th of November (am on holiday), as it stands they have left Canada and have not landed anywhere according to online tracking system. Canada Post wont start looking for them for another 2 weeks, taking me over my 45 days to get them back to the embassy for temp visa's.

Anyone have similar issues with Canada post and passports being held up or should I consider them lost at this piont and start the process of getting new ones and contacting London???

Unbelivable that it falls at the last hurdle in the process... :mad:

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
As far as I know, you cannot track Canada post once the item leaves Canada. You could try putting the tracking details into the royal mail wesbite, sometimes that works, or contact London to see if they have received it.

R

ryanmoris29

@Shaun70,

Dont worry. Sometimes Canada Post dont update their online tracking system at all. The best way is that you e-mail CIC in UK and ask whether they have received your Passports or not and when they will return. By doing so, you know for sure your Passports have been lost or not.

What I believe is that your Passport has been safely delivered to the IO in UK but the Canada Post people did not update it in the online tracking system. Hope this helps.

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Thanks for the quick responce guys, just emailed CIC London and got back there generic "we will get back to you in 28 days if its kinda important" email, hopefully this is a lesson learnt about Canada Post and their inability to do what they say and not a couple of costly visits to Toronto to get new passports and a further 6 weeks of sitting around with out work.

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
Honestly, Shaun70 I am not surprised about this latest Canada Post incident. They are so incompetent. Luckily I have never had a lost passport incident with them but I have had a couple of experiences with them, such as me paying for the correct amount of stamps and the post office clerk not putting the correct amount of stamps and having to wait for 2 weeks to have the letter returned to me saying insufficient postage paid (the letter never even left Ottawa). Anyway I hope that they have not lost your passports but are being their normal slow self in delivering the mail.

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Quick update, less than 24 hours after emailing London they have got back to me saying the passports are with them and are having the visa's attached. Lesson to be learnt I think about using Canada post in future, their web site still has no update on the package!!!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaun70 said:
Quick update, less than 24 hours after emailing London they have got back to me saying the passports are with them and are having the visa's attached. Lesson to be learnt I think about using Canada post in future, their web site still has no update on the package!!!
Normal for CP :)