Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Landed today with family, at Niagara. Smooth. Told to expect PR card in 2-3 months.

NBHH

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016
passport sent on Dec 6, passport received on Dec 13.
4 business days in total. those guys at Ottawa are pretty fast at this time.
wish everyone Merry Christmas and all the best in new year

aussiegirl16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posted my Passport yesterday (from Calgary), and tracking shows it was delivered this morning *fingers crossed* :)

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
aussiegirl16 said:
Posted my Passport yesterday (from Calgary), and tracking shows it was delivered this morning *fingers crossed* :)
Hi our timelines are very similar :) Yesterday I posted from Edmonton but tracking shows its still on its way :) Keep me posted once you will receive back :) Hope we get before Xmas :)

aussiegirl16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RuchiWalia said:
Hi our timelines are very similar :) Yesterday I posted from Edmonton but tracking shows its still on its way :) Keep me posted once you will receive back :) Hope we get before Xmas :)
Will do! No update yet in my online account but we'll see...

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Hello Friends

I live in the US. I received a passport request today(Dec 14th,2016) for issuing COPR and I am supposed to respond in 30 days with the document. I have my India flight book for Jan 16th,2017 for a month for a very important urgent India trip. Do you think if I send my passport in a day or two and it reaches by Dec 19th, I will get it back in the next 3-4 weeks? Sad

OR, should I email them with my pre-booked tickets and ask for an extension till the end of February.

Please reply. In no way can I reschedule my travel. Any help or advise will be great. Smiley

Regards
Riyaa.

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Riya,

Send ASAP. Once it reached 19th Dec, you passport would be in return on 23rd Dec mostly.

If u still suspect, request them to extend next 30days. My friend did that..

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks. I am requesting extension as I have to go to India for an urgent matter. I am coming back to the US on 21st Feb which means I cannot send them the passport before 22nd Feb. I am requesting extension for 60 days. Is that ok?

Please advise.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Riyaa2016 said:
Thanks. I am requesting extension as I have to go to India for an urgent matter. I am coming back to the US on 21st Feb which means I cannot send them the passport before 22nd Feb. I am requesting extension for 60 days. Is that ok?

Please advise.
An alternative: you can ask them to change VO to India explaining your circumstances..then you will get a new PPR from NDVO...with that you can submit your passports to VFS in India...COPR/VISA might get processed before 60 days from India...and then you can plan your landing on your return to the US or on your way back...

If you ask for an extension for 60 days and send your passports upon returning, you might lose more or less 30 days to get your passport/VISA/COPR back and complete landing...

What I am suggesting might be a faster option but it depends on VFS processing times...you can find out the VFS timelines from NDVO thread easily...depending on that, you can make a more informed decision

Best wishes! :)

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
lazybone said:
An alternative: you can ask them to change VO to India explaining your circumstances..then you will get a new PPR from NDVO...with that you can submit your passports to VFS in India...COPR/VISA might get processed before 60 days from India...and then you can plan your landing on your return to the US or on your way back...

If you ask for an extension for 60 days and send your passports upon returning, you might lose more or less 30 days to get your passport/VISA/COPR back and complete landing...

What I am suggesting might be a faster option but it depends on VFS processing times...you can find out the VFS timelines from NDVO thread easily...depending on that, you can make a more informed decision

Hello lazybone sir. Can I ask a question here regarding on the ppr email and sending the passport? I wonder if the passport can be sent and then mailed back to a different address? I am about to change address in 5 days and do not update the IRCC webform yet. But it seems today I received a ppr email. So I really don't know which address to fill in the form (there seems to be a form to fill out in the ppr email). So if I use the new address in the form, does that cause any confusion or delay or any complications?

I am kind of really confused about this. Can I ask you this question. Thank you.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
logoaka said:
Hello lazybone sir. Can I ask a question here regarding on the ppr email and sending the passport? I wonder if the passport can be sent and then mailed back to a different address? I am about to change address in 5 days and do not update the IRCC webform yet. But it seems today I received a ppr email. So I really don't know which address to fill in the form (there seems to be a form to fill out in the ppr email). So if I use the new address in the form, does that cause any confusion or delay or any complications?

I am kind of really confused about this. Can I ask you this question. Thank you.

Hello logo...

At the outset, Congratulations man!! :)

Read your last couple of posts to find out where you are from before I replied to you....you mentioned you were an inland applicant

first why are you referring to everyone here as Sir or Ma'm?...I am not your Sir nor Ma'm...Im just like you my friend-an applicant... :) ofcourse you can ask questions-if not me, someone will help...thats what all of us are here for- to help each other

Can the passport be sent from a different address and be received at a different address? Yes

4 possibilities in best to worst order

1. You can goto Canadapost (am aware you are inland and VO is Ottawa-thats where you got the PPR email from), pay them some money and have your mails delivered to new address from old address..this CAN be done if you are moving within the same province.. I think they charge as per package- 1 month, 3 months and so on...but Canadapost has some guidelines-like having your new address on your ID...not a 100% sure about their guidelines-as it might differ from province to province..check with them first and do the needful...

2. Update your new address by calling or sending CSE to CIC and move to your new address first...then send passports...you should have 30 days for it to reach them...CSE update should take a week or 10 days max

3. There are different versions of the PPR letter depending on VO...some will state in the PPR letter that "donot write the return address on the return envelope" and some PPR letters dont mention anything about it...if your PPR has nothing mentioned regarding the address then mention your NEW address on return envelope and send...read each word of the PPR letter carefully...if you do as the PPR letter states, you are good-you arent breaking any rules...most of the PPR letters now will most likely state "donot mention return address on return envelope"

4. After you have sent your Passports..you can call or send IRCC webform to CIC and cite some extra ordinary circumstances and have them change to your new address...

Regarding the form you can fill out current address (option 1 3 4) o form and send and update CIC later OR update CIC first and send new address on the form (option 2)- upto you, depending on which route you decide to take...

In either scenario-you will be fine..no complications...

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
lazybone said:
Hello logo...

At the outset, Congratulations man!! :)

Read your last couple of posts to find out where you are from before I replied to you....you mentioned you were an inland applicant

first why are you referring to everyone here as Sir or Ma'm?...I am not your Sir nor Ma'm...Im just like you my friend-an applicant... :) ofcourse you can ask questions-if not me, someone will help...thats what all of us are here for- to help each other

Can the passport be sent from a different address and be received at a different address? Yes

4 possibilities in best to worst order

1. You can goto Canadapost (am aware you are inland and VO is Ottawa-thats where you got the PPR email from), pay them some money and have your mails delivered to new address from old address..this CAN be done if you are moving within the same province.. I think they charge as per package- 1 month, 3 months and so on...but Canadapost has some guidelines-like having your new address on your ID...not a 100% sure..check with them first and do the needful...

2. Update your new address by calling or sending CSE to CIC and move to your new address first...then send passports...you should have 30 days for it to reach them...CSE update should take a week or 10 days max

3. There are different versions of the PPR letter depending on VO...some will state in the PPR letter that "donot write the return address on the return envelope" and some PPR letters dont mention anything about it...if your PPR has nothing mentioned regarding the address then mention your NEW address on return envelope and send...read each word of the PPR letter carefully...if you do as the PPR letter states, you are good-you arent breaking any rules...most of the PPR letters now will most likely state "donot mention return address on return envelope"

4. After you have sent your Passports..you can call or send IRCC webform to CIC and cite some extra ordinary circumstances and have them change to your new address...

Regarding the form you can fill out current address (option 1 3 4) o form and send and update CIC later OR update CIC first and send new address on the form (option 2)- upto you, depending on which route you decide to take...

In either scenario-you will be fine..no complications...

Hello, lazybone. Thank you very much for your information and the four scenarios. I really appreciate your help. I think maybe I will try to see if the address can be redirected in the post office. I think that can be straightforward. Can I just have one more question? I just took two headshot (to sent together with passport) from a local store today earlier . They told me that this photo spec is the same as passport spec, so they just go ahead to take the passport photos for me. So can I double check with you if this is going to be ok? And they do not put my name in the back of a photo(they only stamp their address). So should I put my name and day of birth in myself. Just want to know that I do not need to have a "guarantor" to put my name in there, right?

It seems the shop I took photos on is not very professonal. So I am just a little concerned that they may mess up something. Can I just check with you?

Thank you.