+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT TO CPC OTTAWA - AUGUST 2018

Aug 27, 2018
Hello All,

First of all this forum has been very helpful for filling TRV application. Thank you so much!

I am Indian working in USA and applying for TRV. Below is my timeline.

Aug 21, 2018: Applied online
Aug 23, 2018: Passport request
Aug 23, 2018: Passports sent through Fedex to CPC Ottawa, along with paid return Fedex label and other docs.
Aug 24, 2018: Fedex tracking shows the package have been delivered at 11:00 AM.

No update after that. No status/messages in my online account about passports.

All the online forum I've been following regarding TRV visa stamping suggested me that the status will be updated online on my account when the passport will be received but I did not get any application status update or message in my account, that is why I am a bit worried now. Most of the users have sent the passports to either VAC NY or VAC LA. I did not find a post related to sending passport directly to CPC Ottawa.

1. What is average processing time to stamp visa on passport at CPC Ottawa for TRV?
2. Is it better than sending passport to VAC NY? As under this option passport is sent directly to Canada and they do not have to reroute it to another visa office.

Thanks,
Prashant

patel1

Oct 30, 2017
Windsor
I didn't get an email when my application status changed to approved. I just checked my CIC account this afternoon and saw the change in my application status. Not sure if this happens with everyone.
I also got the same message. It now says Your application was approved. There is one counterfoil entry stating my passport number and validity date until May 2019 but there is no message. It says check you messages for more details. Is this normal?
PPR Email: August 21st
Passport Sent: August 22nd
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: August 23rd
MyCIC status updates to approved: August 27th
Return tracker activated: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting

@sharma_s8788 Let me know when you return tracker gets activated. We are kind of in the exact same spot.

sharma_s8788

Jul 12, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
Passport Req..
08-08-2018
I also got the same message. It now says Your application was approved. There is one counterfoil entry stating my passport number and validity date until May 2019 but there is no message. It says check you messages for more details. Is this normal?
PPR Email: August 21st
Passport Sent: August 22nd
MyCIC status updates to approved: August 27th

@sharma_s8788 Let me know when you return tracker gets activated. We are kind of in the exact same spot.
Yes, even I can see the counterfoil entry with all passport number and a validity date as June 2019. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I will surely let you know once the return tracker gets activated. I have pinned the Fedex tracking link on to the browser and have been refreshing it once in a couple of hours.

sharma_s8788

Jul 12, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
Passport Req..
08-08-2018
Hello All,

First of all this forum has been very helpful for filling TRV application. Thank you so much!

I am Indian working in USA and applying for TRV. Below is my timeline.

Aug 23, 2018: Passports sent through Fedex to CPC Ottawa, along with paid return Fedex label and other docs.

No update after that. No status/messages in my online account about passports.

All the online forum I've been following regarding TRV visa stamping suggested me that the status will be updated online on my account when the passport will be received but I did not get any application status update or message in my account, that is why I am a bit worried now. Most of the users have sent the passports to either VAC NY or VAC LA. I did not find a post related to sending passport directly to CPC Ottawa.

1. What is average processing time to stamp visa on passport at CPC Ottawa for TRV?
2. Is it better than sending passport to VAC NY? As under this option passport is sent directly to Canada and they do not have to reroute it to another visa office.

Thanks,
Prashant
On the contrary to what you just said, I have seen most people from the US sending passports to CPC Ottawa as opposed to anywhere else.

These days it is taking 3-7 days after the passports are delivered for the application to be approved for people like us (People applying from the US, with country of origin as India). Overall you may expect to see your passport back within 10-15 days or sooner if you are lucky.

You don't get the choice to send the passport anywhere else in your PPR. At least in my PPR email, it was clearly stated that if I live in North America, I have to send the passports to Ottawa, although there were two separate Ottawa addresses for Canadian and US applicants. So, I can't comment on the processing being faster or slower, also because there are very few cases of NY or LA on myimmitracker.

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

Aug 27, 2018
On the contrary to what you just said, I have seen most people sending passports to CPC Ottawa as opposed to anywhere else.

These days it is taking 3-7 days for the application to be approved for people like us (People applying from the US, with country of origin as India). Overall you may expect to see your passport back within 10-15 days or sooner if you are lucky.

You don't get the choice to send the passport anywhere else in your PPR. At least in my PPR email, it was clearly stated that if I live in North America, I have to send the passports to Ottawa, although there were two separate Ottawa addresses for Canadian and US applicants.

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker
Thanks for the response. In my PPR, I had 3 options to send my passport to, Ottawa, NY and LA. But I sent it to Ottawa assuming that the processing will be faster there.

MyCIC account status has just changed to approved today. I am waiting for my return tracker to be activated now.

Aug 28, 2018: MyCIC status updated to approved. 10:00 AM.

sharma_s8788

Jul 12, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
Passport Req..
08-08-2018
Thanks for the response. In my PPR, I had 3 options to send my passport to, Ottawa, NY and LA. But I sent it to Ottawa assuming that the processing will be faster there.

MyCIC account status has just changed to approved today. I am waiting for my return tracker to be activated now.

Aug 28, 2018: MyCIC status updated to approved. 10:00 AM.
That's good news. Now you can sit back as it might take some time for the return tracker to get activated. There are a few cases from the US on myimmitracker with approval dates as August 23rd and their return tracker hasn't been activated yet.

sreerambhatla

May 14, 2018
UPDATE::
------------------------------------
PPR Email: Aug 13th
Passport Sent: August 21st
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: August 22st
MyCIC status updates to approved: Aug 28th
COPR delivered: Waitinh

Ankypanky

Jun 17, 2018
UPDATE::
------------------------------------
PPR Email: Aug 13th
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: August 22st
MyCIC status updates to approved: Aug 28th
COPR delivered: Waitinh
Any other updates today ?

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
Joining this as I have a friend who is also waiting for the passport to be returned:

PPR Email: Aug 17th
MyCIC status updates to approved: August 24th

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
PPR Email: Aug 14th
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: August 17th (Fedex via priority overnight)
MyCIC status updated to approved: August 23
Return tracker activated: waiting
COPR delivered: waiting
I had called CIC yesterday(Aug 27th) and was told that the passports are in the printing room. Not sure how long it would take to print.

Reactions: Ankypanky
Aug 27, 2018
That's good news. Now you can sit back as it might take some time for the return tracker to get activated. There are a few cases from the US on myimmitracker with approval dates as August 23rd and their return tracker hasn't been activated yet.
My application was approved yesterday (Aug 28) and today I got an email from MyCIC with subject "You application has been updated". But when I logged into my account there was no update. Do you all receive such email after application has been approved? Dose it mean anything?