+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport stamping at Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi

DeeAparici

Feb 3, 2019
Hi friends.. Did you receive your passport back? I did the same too. I sent my passport through Aramex to Immigration section,Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi after I received the letter from IRCC. I have not used VFS. It was delivered to Embassy on July 4th, but since I didn't use VFS, no tracking is even available. I am too worried now. Is it alright to send directly to Canadian Embassy? I have attached return Aramex bill too. Will they send any e mail if they start processing? or, any e-mail id to contact them?Please help !!
The Canadian Embassy in AD will not send any mail if they start processing you’re papers. I sent mine as well through Aramex. You just send you’re pport so chill down. You will receive you’re passport back if there’s no problem in you’re documents. It takes 8 days for me to get my passport back. It will come

Sumi Nair

Jul 9, 2019
The Canadian Embassy in AD will not send any mail if they start processing you’re papers. I sent mine as well through Aramex. You just send you’re pport so chill down. You will receive you’re passport back if there’s no problem in you’re documents. It takes 8 days for me to get my passport back. It will come
Thank you for your reply. Actually I meant to send it through VFS, but I got confused with the address and sent it to Immigration section ,Canadian Embassy. Thats' why I am worried.I Hope it will not affect my processing!

DeeAparici

Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Actually I meant to send it through VFS, but I got confused with the address and sent it to Immigration section ,Canadian Embassy. Thats' why I am worried.I Hope it will not affect my processing![/QUOTE

It’s totally fine. There’s no need to worry about that as long as you send you’re pport before the expiration that in the pport request letter.

Sumi Nair

Jul 9, 2019
Hi friends..
I have got my Canadian visa and have to enter there before November 19. My concern is since we are not ready for a relocation, is it alright to land there, apply for PR card and to travel back in a week? I am planning to give my friend's Canadian address for mailing the PR card. Is there any other legal issues for doing so. Please reply.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi friends..
I have got my Canadian visa and have to enter there before November 19. My concern is since we are not ready for a relocation, is it alright to land there, apply for PR card and to travel back in a week? I am planning to give my friend's Canadian address for mailing the PR card. Is there any other legal issues for doing so. Please reply.
People do soft landings all the time some even go to the extreme of landing in the morning and leaving in afternoon/evening of same day so this is not an issue. You should research what you need to do for a goods to follow list and also in addition to PR card you should apply for a SIN.

Note you should get your friend to use a courier to send the card to you in your country, do not use standard mail.

Do not know how long you plan to stay away but keep in mind the residency obllgation of 2 years in 5 years so maximum time you can stay away following initial landing would be just short of 3 years.

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hi friends..

It is better you must receive your PR cards by yourself. In any case, they will call for any information e.g if they need updated photos or etc. So it is a vice decision that once you have received your PR cards then you leave the CA.

Cathleen

Aug 22, 2019
Hello I just want to ask if you have any idea how long we can receive the passport after submitting it? I am currently working here in Qatar and i already send my passport through VFS QATAR to abu dhabi..for PR visa stamping.. because they already requested my passport..and I send my passport last august 13, 2019..still waiting for update..

Piyus Mishra

Nov 5, 2019
please suggest-

I have submitted my passport to the Abu Dhabi IRCC office for study visa stamping, but when I check the link provided in my Passport request letter

it is mentioned-
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
The Question in APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA are as under
Question 7 - Current Country or territory of residence;
Question 9 - Country or territory where applying: same as current Country or territory of residence - YES or No,

I have selected India in both questions and submitted my passport to IRCC Abu Dhabi because I have done my BIOMETRIC in Dubai, please advise if I need to submit it to India or its fine to submit a passport anywhere in the world after getting approval.

May 22, 2020
please suggest-

I have submitted my passport to the Abu Dhabi IRCC office for study visa stamping, but when I check the link provided in my Passport request letter

it is mentioned-
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
The Question in APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA are as under
Question 7 - Current Country or territory of residence;
Question 9 - Country or territory where applying: same as current Country or territory of residence - YES or No,

I have selected India in both questions and submitted my passport to IRCC Abu Dhabi because I have done my BIOMETRIC in Dubai, please advise if I need to submit it to India or its fine to submit a passport anywhere in the world after getting approval.

Hi Piyus Mishra,

I have almost the same case as you. I have done my biometrics in Kuwait but I have not responded to the email which was sent to me . I have directly sent my passport via VFS global.

How was your experience? Did you face any problem regarding this ? Looking forward to your kind reply

SS