+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
ALL INLAND COPR WILL HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE LANDING. HERE IS THE REPLY I GOT

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until April 13, 2020,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
I just have one question. Will IRCC issue any CoPR for those who have already sent their passport, until the COVID19 curve is flattened?

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until April 13, 2020,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
I got the exactly the same thing today. We just need to wait then...

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

• What happens next?

Sincerely,
Thanks much for sharing this information. My Interview which was scheduled got canceled, I was under the impression that there will be telephonic but no further information about it :(

I also raised a web form this week, will keep all posted.

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
I have received the PPR but in my online application the last update is still - you passed the medical exam. Is it normal?

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019

• What happens next?

Sincerely,
Got the same reply today. Life is stopped because of the virus. :(

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Last week I contacted them regarding my passport been delivered on March 16 but no news about that, and the agent told me that my passport was not received by the agent yet.
I contacted them again 2 days ago submitting the PDF of Canada post about my delivery and today this is their reply:

Still in ECAS i have the Decision Made, but no Approved.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

We invite you to refer to the tracking number of the prepaid enveloped you submitted or the postal service provider you used for more details on the delivery of your passport.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
This email is intended to people who:

• are in Canada
  • were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document as part of their permanent resident application and
  • who have not yet been able to visit a local office to validate their CoPR
If you are outside of Canada, this email does not apply to you and you can ignore it. If you are a representative, please inform your clients of the information listed here.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is working on ways to keep everyone safe and limit the spread of COVID-19. Special measures are currently in effect. These measures affect several IRCC clients, including those who received a CoPR and are inside Canada.

Appointment at a local IRCC office

• All in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice.
  • Local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
Validating a CoPR at a port of entry (PoE)

• Due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a PoE to validate your CoPR.
  • Travelling to a PoE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
What happens next?

• IRCC will be in contact with each client in this situation to clarify next steps as we adapt and resume our landing services.
  • Maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker).
  • We invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to monitor the situation closely and will update the website as the situation evolves. Please check the website regularly.

Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada