+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
My passport delivered in Ottawa office on March 13 and it's signed by D.DETER.
not sure if any other applicants passport received by this person. Can Anyone please confirm.
I haven't received any update so far on my application. Worried.
My passport was signed by the same person on March 13

Reactions: PeaceRams

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
yes at the Canadá post website I can see a signature and the name is SCI HENRI, nothing else.
That is what I thought that the agent who replied me back is the first level of support and maybe the agent who is finishing my application did not write anything yet

My passport delivered on Mar 10 signed by SCI HENRI. Web form reply confirmed my passport was delivered.

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
My passport delivered in Ottawa office on March 13 and it's signed by D.DETER.
not sure if any other applicants passport received by this person. Can Anyone please confirm.
I haven't received any update so far on my application. Worried.

I am in the same situation. I sent my passport to Ottawa on 12th which reached on 13th march as per Canada post tracking status (Signed with confirmation delivery receipt). Yet no news on my profile. I raised a webform last week which was replied by IRCC as below.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your passports were not registered by the responsible office yet.

I am worried about losing/missing passport.

Reactions: PeaceRams

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I am in the same situation. I sent my passport to Ottawa on 12th which reached on 13th march as per Canada post tracking status (Signed with confirmation delivery receipt). Yet no news on my profile. I raised a webform last week which was replied by IRCC as below.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your passports were not registered by the responsible office yet.

I am worried about losing/missing passport.
That’s my situation, but in my cases copies of the passports. Maybe due to the minimum staff our passports are waiting at someone’s desk

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Tracking number finally activated!
Passport sent: March 6th
Application Approved: March 13th
Tracking number activated: Mar. 27 4:14 pm
Still waiting for CoPR and passport

onlyevonne

Mar 22, 2020
yes at the Canadá post website I can see a signature and the name is SCI HENRI, nothing else.
That is what I thought that the agent who replied me back is the first level of support and maybe the agent who is finishing my application did not write anything yet
Mine was signed by the same person. Delivered on march 13, and no updates yet.

Reactions: davidITD

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, any inland folks in this group got telephonic interview details so far?

also, anyone tried flagpole recently? I understand it's a difficult situation for all, my landing interview got cancelled and waiting for further information from CIC.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Re flagpoling..
Copied directly from FAQs from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

it says traveling to POE for immigration services is NOT considered essential travel and you will not receive service. (see last sentence in bold)
Based on this, IF you're in Canada, waiting for them to get back for phone interview seems like safest option currently OR you may likely get turned back around. I keep checking as a friend is also waiting to be rescheduled re inland interview. Hopefully some news soon!

I have been approved for permanent residence but haven’t landed; can I still come?
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.
As announced on March 20, 2020, foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 18, 2020, but had not landed yet, will be able to come to Canada.

What about our domestic IRCC operations?

Domestic IRCC operations are reduced to critical services. We have cancelled all citizenship ceremonies, tests and retests, as well as all in-person permanent resident landing appointments and refugee claimant appointments. We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone. Clients will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointment.
We are also suspending non-essential settlement services and biometrics collection services at 58 Service Canada locations.

What should foreign nationals who are in Canada with valid temporary status as a visitor, worker or student do if their status is about to expire?
Temporary residents who are currently in Canada are able to apply to extend their status online if they need to extend their status. A temporary resident who has applied to extend their status is allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made on their new application, even if their initial status expires while they are waiting for that decision. This is called implied status.
They should not travel to a port of entry (POE) to apply directly to a border services officer. Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and they will not receive these services

What are the land travel restrictions?

As of midnight on March 20, 2020, Canada and the US have agreed to temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the Canada–US border.
This collaborative and reciprocal measure between Canada and the US will restrict non-essential travel across the border, including for tourism and recreation. Canadian and American citizens and permanent residents who are currently visiting each other’s country can still return home.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
What should inland applicants do then? I just received the passport and CoPR, haven't yet booked an appointment.
Have no idea what to do now...

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hey guys, my passports finally on the way home.
Delivered - March 10
Approved - March 18
Track back activated - March 30
congrats, in my case today has been my two weeks since they received our copies of the passport and not approved yet.

:( like so many others hahahah

Last edited:

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Has CPC-Ottawa issued any CoPR and PR VISAs for anyone so far who have sent their passport on or after 13th March 2020?