+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

dg88912

Mar 6, 2020
CIC said they will keep the necessary employees to work. Maybe the person who sends passports back is not necessary for them.:eek::eek:

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
CIC said they will keep the necessary employees to work. Maybe the person who sends passports back is not necessary for them.:eek::eek:
lol, I don't think they want to keep so many people's passports... but let's see... I'm still waiting for my passport, no updates after application approval.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
This doesn't really apply atm given the times.
BUT for all the folks that flagpoled before all this that were worried about future US visitors visas. Rest assured.

I managed to find an interview in Ottawa a few days after flagpoling. I noted that I was a Canadian PR on application and answered NO to have you ever been denied, refused entry,etc. During the interview, she congratulated me on becoming a PR and only asked when/where I landed while reviewing my COPR. And of course, other questions not related to PR/landing. I successfully got my pp back with a 10 year visa (without PR, my country gets 2 years). Under Annotation it says "Canadian Permanent Resident"

As a new immigrant, be prepared to show strong ties to Canada. I took several but they only asked to see job letter.

Last edited:

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
News Release...March 20, 2020—Ottawa—

Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions. These exceptions include

"permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada"

In addition to health screening protocols before travel, all individuals entering from abroad must isolate for 14 days upon their arrival in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Based on this, flagpoling should not be a problem...Or you'll definitely get phone landing interview

Last edited:

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I suppose that anyone who's passport is currently with the visa office and the application doesn't say approved doesn't qualify for travel under this new rule ... even though they got PPR?

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
I suppose that anyone who's passport is currently with the visa office and the application doesn't say approved doesn't qualify for travel under this new rule ... even though they got PPR?
check approval date on your profile under document status

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
I just got approved online. Check you status. Now need to wait until passports return. :)
It means they work. It took me 8 days from the day of passports received till approved.
Congrats. I am inland too sent passport to Ottawa on march 6, delivered to them on march 10 but nothing yet. Can u track your passport and what does it say? I am really worried about not knowing about my passport

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Congrats. I am inland too sent passport to Ottawa on march 6, delivered to them on march 10 but nothing yet. Can u track your passport and what does it say? I am really worried about not knowing about my passport
Same here. Sent to Ottawa on 6th, delivered on 10th... nothing after that..I was worried too but looking at your case relieved that I am not alone.

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Still the same. Approved online but back tracking number didn't found yet. Waiting for Monday now.

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
Still the same. Approved online but back tracking number didn't found yet. Waiting for Monday now.
I hope until Monday or Tuesday we ll know more about. Gives me anxiety as i dont want my passport stuck anywhere with all the chaos going on. Update us all please as soon as one of us hear something regarding pp

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Hi All,
I am a CEC inland candidate. I got PPR on 10th march and sent my passport for CoPR on 12th March. Still waiting for the status to be changed in the CIC portal. My passport reached Ottawa on 13th March (Checked in Canada post tracking site). It makes me a bit anxious and agitated as I don't have my passport with me. Anyone else on a similar boat?