+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request means Approval of study Visa?

Mr. Peanut

May 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm from Mumbai. I applied for my Visa online on the 23rd of April and completed my biometrics on the 2nd May.
On the 11th of May I received a request for Original Passport.
The email said that a decision has been maid and they need me to send my passport.

Does this mean that my Visa is approved? Or are there still chances for refusal?

I have sent my passport and I am very nervous as some people say that request for orginal passport doesn't mean Visa approval. :(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As many, many, many people have asked and answered - passport request means they have approved your application. There is no other reason, at all, to request a passport.

However - if you submit your passport and they find it is fake, or that you have lied about travel details, you can still be rejected.

But nearly 100% of the time, passport request means approval.

(Please don't argue this one like so many others have...)

Mr. Peanut

May 16, 2019
As many, many, many people have asked and answered - passport request means they have approved your application. There is no other reason, at all, to request a passport.

However - if you submit your passport and they find it is fake, or that you have lied about travel details, you can still be rejected.

But nearly 100% of the time, passport request means approval.

(Please don't argue this one like so many others have...)
Thanks a lot. I'm sorry. I'm just a little paranoid about it as I have already told my family members that the Visa was approved and now if my Visa is refused it would be an embarrassment for me.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope it's true.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
There is next to no chance your visa will be rejected. Consider it approved unless you lied in your travel history ;)
Hi,

I have got my passport request letter and I have sent my passport, but I have once query here when I applied for my VISA I have only one passport and then I got my new passport in between my VISA application was in process, now I have sent both my passport and little bit confused will get the VISA stamped on my new passport or old. I have not updated my new Passport in GC key account as there is no option to do so.

Is there any chance of refusal or denial ?

Thanks

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

I have got my passport request letter and I have sent my passport, but I have once query here when I applied for my VISA I have only one passport and then I got my new passport in between my VISA application was in process, now I have sent both my passport and little bit confused will get the VISA stamped on my new passport or old. I have not updated my new Passport in GC key account as there is no option to do so.

Is there any chance of refusal or denial ?

Thanks
Is your old passport expiry soon ? I have a similar situation my passport is expiry in 2021 December . While stamping my visa is it a problem . ( Usually 2 years visa )

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Is your old passport expiry soon ? I have a similar situation my passport is expiry in 2021 December . While stamping my visa is it a problem . ( Usually 2 years visa )
No My old passport expiring in Oct 2023, I have got my new passport as my Spouse name was not there in old passport and it is required for Police Clearance Certificate.

Did you got the new passport?

Thanks

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
No My old passport expiring in Oct 2023, I have got my new passport as my Spouse name was not there in old passport and it is required for Police Clearance Certificate.

Did you got the new passport?

Thanks
Not yet renew . Mine will expire in December 2022 . So I am little confused what to do as my file is already processing from march itself. Look like when I get visa approval my passport have validity less than 2 years . So it's problem or not ?

confidence95

Aug 3, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got a passport request letter recently, I applied for a study permit. My program ends in August 2023 while my passport expires in April 2023. I want to get a new passport to fit my duration of study. I dont know if it will affect my study permit application.

Supreet0018

Apr 3, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got a passport request letter recently, I applied for a study permit. My program ends in August 2023 while my passport expires in April 2023. I want to get a new passport to fit my duration of study. I dont know if it will affect my study permit application.
Hey have you sent your old passport for visa stamping??

Kingkanma95

Jul 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got a passport request letter, and I have sent in my passport I applied for a study permit. My program ends in May 2022, 3 weeks after my passport expires the same May 2022. I want to get a new passport to fit my duration of study. I want to know if it will affect my study permit application.?