+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request means Approval of study Visa?

Mr. Peanut

May 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm from Mumbai. I applied for my Visa online on the 23rd of April and completed my biometrics on the 2nd May.
On the 11th of May I received a request for Original Passport.
The email said that a decision has been maid and they need me to send my passport.

Does this mean that my Visa is approved? Or are there still chances for refusal?

I have sent my passport and I am very nervous as some people say that request for orginal passport doesn't mean Visa approval. :(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
As many, many, many people have asked and answered - passport request means they have approved your application. There is no other reason, at all, to request a passport.

However - if you submit your passport and they find it is fake, or that you have lied about travel details, you can still be rejected.

But nearly 100% of the time, passport request means approval.

(Please don't argue this one like so many others have...)

Reactions: Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut

May 16, 2019
As many, many, many people have asked and answered - passport request means they have approved your application. There is no other reason, at all, to request a passport.

However - if you submit your passport and they find it is fake, or that you have lied about travel details, you can still be rejected.

But nearly 100% of the time, passport request means approval.

(Please don't argue this one like so many others have...)
Thanks a lot. I'm sorry. I'm just a little paranoid about it as I have already told my family members that the Visa was approved and now if my Visa is refused it would be an embarrassment for me.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope it's true.