+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request means Approval of study Visa?

CMog

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
All i know is,they say they will not issue a visa that is beyond the expiry date in your passport so in my situation my passport was to expire 5 weeks after the start of my program and i requested them to give it back so that i apply for a new one and they did,i resent them both,the old and the new passport and they updated in their system.Now my visa is stamped in my new passport just waiting to travel.

Ericabidal

Sep 24, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
i got my request letter to go for medicals and submit my passport on the same day. 12th August 2021, and my medical exam was updated on September 7th and till this moment i have not received any news from IRCC.i am worried for my studies have already started and they are in the 4th week. what might be causing this delays ?

Geofrey

Mar 29, 2019
There is next to no chance your visa will be rejected. Consider it approved unless you lied in your travel history ;)
My friend got dates stayed in particular country written into her passport (no visa stamp) for duration of 5 monthly. This duration wasn't declared to IRCC, can this cause visa rejection?.

bhavyansh

Jun 12, 2022
Hi,

I have got my passport request letter and I have sent my passport, but I have once query here when I applied for my VISA I have only one passport and then I got my new passport in between my VISA application was in process, now I have sent both my passport and little bit confused will get the VISA stamped on my new passport or old. I have not updated my new Passport in GC key account as there is no option to do so.

Is there any chance of refusal or denial ?

Thanks
bhavyansh

HI I ALSO HAVE THE SAME CASE SO NOW HAVE YOU GOT YOUR VISA ON THE NEW ONE OR THE OLD ONE

Kofi11

Jun 9, 2022
Hello guys, I applied for a visitor visa on the 15th March 2022 and did biometrics on the 18th March.
I am attending a Convention on the 24th of June. My application status still shows processing. What should I do?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys, I applied for a visitor visa on the 15th March 2022 and did biometrics on the 18th March.
I am attending a Convention on the 24th of June. My application status still shows processing. What should I do?
You can raise a webform and explain your situation but not much can be done other than waiting it out

Visitor visa is taking around 6 months to process. So you probably should have applied a few months earlier to play it safe.

Best of luck.

Bland

Oct 11, 2021
Hi, I have a question please: We submitted family sponsorship application and we wrote all travel detail in my application, After awhile I traveled to some other country so Do I have to tell IRCC about these traveling? so does it mean lack of travel detail when they request passport? thanks for your help

Hassan gharbi

Jun 9, 2023
Hey Bro, was your visa received after you got that message? I have the same case and I am wondering if my visa was accepted or not ?
Thank you for your answer

Skipo lash

May 1, 2023
Pls guys I submitted my passport on 26th of may 2023 and up till now I have not received back my passport pls what could be reason for delay thanks