+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

BrandonChang

Jan 5, 2021
Oh my, they replied to the email I sent a month ago, and said "the agent who responded to you on Jan 5th blahblahblah". Nobody sent anything to me on Jan 5th. Probably my case was not even assigned until Jan 5th. My passport was delivered on Dec 7th BTW...

amom

Nov 6, 2020
Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen - Best news to start our day with. Our Application got Approved online [ looks like yesterday, which I missed to check yesterday itself :) ]. Counterfoil also got generated for all the applicants on the profile with October 1st 2021 Expiry Date. So keep all your hopes up up and high because they have started working... WooHoooo :)
Congratulations! Are you currently in the United States?

Reactions: karthikb_itpro

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congratulations! Are you currently in the United States?
Thanks ! Yes I am, as a matter of fact most of us watching this thread are in US who are awaiting CoPR

Reactions: hopefulnewbie

Hir19494

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,
How many days it will take to receive COPR document email?
My file approved on 11 Jan and I can see my document number in my CIC account.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks ! Yes I am, as a matter of fact most of us watching this thread are in US who are awaiting CoPR
Congrats! Did they ask you to do a remedical before sending you the passport request? What is your CoPR validity? I'm curious how much time they give you to land after you're finally approved.
Where did you get the correct photos? Does CVS/Walgreens work, or do you need to find an actual "professional photographer"?

Sorry if you've already answered these questions before.

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congrats! Did they ask you to do a remedical before sending you the passport request? What is your CoPR validity? I'm curious how much time they give you to land after you're finally approved.
Where did you get the correct photos? Does CVS/Walgreens work, or do you need to find an actual "professional photographer"?

Sorry if you've already answered these questions before.
No problem at all. I'm here to answer any related questions that might help you guys out. No re-medicals request. They extended our medicals automatically back in Oct. Old medical expiry was 20-Nov-2020 now it has been extended to 20-Oct-2021. CoPR is yet to arrive but counterfoil says valid only till 1-Oct-2021. And finally, DO NOT GO to Walgreens CVS. If you do you're taking a Big gamble in them rejecting the photo. I have seen many people being asked to resubmit passports as it's not standard. I went with only professional photographer who knows what he's doing and also checks the measurements as per IRCC specifications. It's better to spend few bucks more rather than having to resend/overnight new set photos later which is totally unnecessary and waste of time! ;-)

Reactions: vsfedotov

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
No problem at all. I'm here to answer any related questions that might help you guys out. No re-medicals request. They extended our medicals automatically back in Oct. Old medical expiry was 20-Nov-2020 now it has been extended to 20-Oct-2021. CoPR is yet to arrive but counterfoil says valid only till 1-Oct-2021. And finally, DO NOT GO to Walgreens CVS. If you do you're taking a Big gamble in them rejecting the photo. I have seen many people being asked to resubmit passports as it's not standard. I went with only professional photographer who knows what he's doing and also checks the measurements as per IRCC specifications. It's better to spend few bucks more rather than having to resend/overnight new set photos later which is totally unnecessary and waste of time! ;-)
+1 for not using Walgreens / CVS. We also used professional photographer. Best $80 spent.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply! My own experience with photos at Walgreens/CVS has always been horrible as well:) Thanks for confirming I should NOT go there!
Fingers crossed! Hope I get my PPR soon, as everything is passed/valid since Nov, looks like they're deciding whether to extend medicals or ask for the remedical.

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you for your reply! My own experience with photos at Walgreens/CVS has always been horrible as well:) Thanks for confirming I should NOT go there!
Fingers crossed! Hope I get my PPR soon, as everything is passed/valid since Nov, looks like they're deciding whether to extend medicals or ask for the remedical.
No problem at all! And I think your Medical is already extended too from your recent updates:
GU1 (Medicals changed to "you don't need a medical exam") - 9/21/2020 -------> On this date they might have extended it to a future date as your old Meds have already expired, if they needed re-meds you would have gotten a request already. So it's just a matter of time for them to request your passports.

Reactions: vsfedotov

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
+1 for not using Walgreens / CVS. We also used professional photographer. Best $80 spent.
I spent the same $80 too for 3 sets of professional photos but they do check the right measurements and crop the photo accordingly which other 1-hour photo stores won't do correctly :)

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No problem at all! And I think your Medical is already extended too from your recent updates:
GU1 (Medicals changed to "you don't need a medical exam") - 9/21/2020 -------> On this date they might have extended it to a future date as your old Meds have already expired, if they needed re-meds you would have gotten a request already. So it's just a matter of time for them to request your passports.
I haven't updated my signature, but on Wednesday my medicals changed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."
In any case, I am waiting for the passport request! Ready to go to Canada!

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I spent the same $80 too for 3 sets of professional photos but they do check the right measurements and crop the photo accordingly which other 1-hour photo stores won't do correctly :)
Pharmacy guys have similar software that guides them clicking / cropping the photo per a country requirements or you can also easily figure out from the instructions ircc shares if the photograph meets the measurements or not. I guess ircc simply rejects photographs from these pharmacies for reason best know to them. If they don’t insist on photoshop address on the back of the photo I am pretty sure they can’t make out if it’s from pharmacy and approval rate would go up considerably.
nevertheless didn’t want to take the discussion off topic. Back to the topic: Waiting for copr for 11 weeks now

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
Does anyone have experience in requesting the passports back due to emergency reasons?
we called them on friday, they sent us a long email of process
"For your passport to be returned to you urgently, you must provide:

The reason for the urgency (e.g. death in the family, your own serious illness or surgery, serious illness of an immediate family member, engagements as an elite athlete, engagements as a conference speaker, etc.),
Proof of urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer, etc.) and
Proof of travel if you already booked your ticket. If you have not booked your travels yet, we recommend you wait until you receive your passport back before doing so."