+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Today web form response from IRCC told me that they have not received my passport etc which I had sent after getting PPR email. UPS tracking showed it was delivered on OCT 27. I called up UPS to validate delivery and they have delivered the package to 2303 Stevenage Dr, Ottawa, ON K1G 3W1 and not the CPCO – PR VISA 365 Laurier Av. West, Ottawa ON, K1A 1L1 which I had provide them. Now they are unable to track my package and I am over my 30 day period of sending documents to CPCO. UPS is sending a person to try to retrieve lost package to 2303 Stevenage Dr, Ottawa.

Has anyone seen / faced such situation ? I am in panic mode now, any help as to how to deal with situation is most welcomed.
@legalfalcon or anyone, if you have any clue as to how to deal with this, please let me know. Specially getting time extended to send passport etc for COPR.
No need to panic. Just send a webform or email to IRCC and explain this. If you have proof of dispatch and documentation form IRCC, send that too. IRCC will extend the duration. Also, if you do not hear back from UPS within 7-10 days, you should consider applying for a new passport.

environmentree

Aug 11, 2019
@Visa Aspirant @environmentree @jenkith @Kiara02 @truelife I had called again today and spoke to a different agent, she said that I just need to wait and she cannot confirm if the passport was lost or not. Also in my case the ready for visa email was sent before approving the application which is very weird! She said the only way to retrieve the passport is for me to provide some proof of urgency and then they would track the passport.

jenkith

Oct 19, 2020
I have a thought : If I recall passports mentioning an urgency, how can I re-submit the passports a few days later? Did the agent hint at that process. I believe that will be another painful process to attract the attention of IRCC mentioning I'm ready to submit passports and travel to Canada.

Any idea folks?

@environmentree I get told the very same every week. My passports are being held for 7 weeks now. I wish they at least confirm the receipt of passports

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
@Visa Aspirant @environmentree @jenkith @Kiara02 @truelife I had called again today and spoke to a different agent, she said that I just need to wait and she cannot confirm if the passport was lost or not. Also in my case the ready for visa email was sent before approving the application which is very weird! She said the only way to retrieve the passport is for me to provide some proof of urgency and then they would track the passport.
What do they mean by approving application ? As per my understanding, application is approved only after COPR and visa stamped on passport.

environmentree

Aug 11, 2019
@Visa Aspirant on cic website it will be approved after copr, but on their end I think it gets approved before sending the ready for visa email. since many who have gcms notes have seen approved message on their gcms notes before they get the email. I might be wrong..

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wow, this thread makes me anxious. Losing a passport isn't exactly how I envisioned the last stage of my Canadian PR journey. Do you mind me asking, are the applicants with their passports delayed US-based, or are you sending your packages from overseas (India, Europe, etc.)
I am in the US on H1B, so passport is pretty much my only legal ID here, same for my family members...

jenkith

Oct 19, 2020
Same! I am in the US on H1B. Passport is the only legal ID for me and my family. I'm feeling dejected as IRCC is not confirming the receipt of passports.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Same! I am in the US on H1B. Passport is the only legal ID for me and my family. I'm feeling dejected as IRCC is not confirming the receipt of passports.
This is so frustrating. Can't imagine that IRCC is sooo irresponsible.
Anyways. Fingers crossed! This is most certainly a COVID-19 related delay, and you will get your passports back. Keep us all posted.

P.S. I don't have the ready for the visa email yet, but as per the most recent webform response, everything is passed and I had a total of 4 ghost updates last weeks, so I hope that PPR is near.

truelife69

May 9, 2019
@Visa Aspirant on cic website it will be approved after copr, but on their end I think it gets approved before sending the ready for visa email. since many who have gcms notes have seen approved message on their gcms notes before they get the email. I might be wrong..
that's why I'm wondering if those who got their passports back within a few days had their application approved before PPR.

environmentree

Aug 11, 2019
@truelife69 I just got my gcms notes, there it states file approved and RFV, then states CIO RFV letter sent via email in a batch. So my gcms does state its approved, though the agent was saying it was still in progress!

ampar

Aug 5, 2020
Passport Stamping time for ICT Work Permit
My passport was delivered to the CPC Ottawa last week for Work Permit stamping purpose.
Any idea how long it'd take?
Will the timeline be similar to the folks who applied for COPR?

And, how to contact CPC Ottawa by email/ phone? I am currently in the US
Please help!