+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Sent PPR to Ottawa early March. They received mid-March.

Since then, still nothing. Life is completely on hold.

I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen for at least another year. They seem completely unprepared for the slightest hiccup, let alone a global pandemic. Hunkering down for a long, agonizing wait.
Why do you think 1 year still to wait?

alexdorman

Jun 22, 2020
Spousal sponsorship. My wife is Canadian citizen.
PPR: March 3
PP photocopy sent: March 5
Received by CPC Ottawa: March 12
No Response.

Something helpful for people perhaps: I was able to get through to the IRCC by telephone by doing a three-way call from my wife's phone, who has a Canadian number. It took two or three times, I don't remember, to finally get through, because on the first or second call, at the end of the menu, it would just say no one was available to assist, and then hang up on us. But finally was able to get through to an agent. He told me my application had already been approved, but that he saw no record of them having received my passport. He gave me the e-mail address for CPC-CTD-Ottawa, I e-mailed them, they responded (to my surprise, and asked for my tracking number). At first they said they had no record of receiving my passport photocopy either, and asked to confirm the tracking number and the address I'd sent it to. I did so, and at this point they responded with a generic e-mail (the font had changed), and said they had my passport (not photocopy, which is what I sent them). I followed up and asked if they were sure, and haven't heard back. That was June 5.

I would love to send them a strongly worded letter via web form, but not sure if it would do much good. Paid over a thousand dollars for this application (not to mention additional fees for mailing these docs, plus the self-addressed envelope), and I see I'm far from the only one they treat with zero urgency, as if they were store clerks telling me pudding was out of stock, and not government agents directly impacting my entire life and livelihood.
UPDATE: My outland application was approved today, 9/11/20! This would seem like good news if not for the people in this forum saying they've been looking at an "approved" application for months, with no further movement, and no word about their COPR. I haven't received any "messages" via the IRCC website, as the website says...at least I am slightly encouraged by some sort of update, and hope that another one will come soon(ish). Will keep you all posted.

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
UPDATE: My outland application was approved today, 9/11/20! This would seem like good news if not for the people in this forum saying they've been looking at an "approved" application for months, with no further movement, and no word about their COPR. I haven't received any "messages" via the IRCC website, as the website says...at least I am slightly encouraged by some sort of update, and hope that another one will come soon(ish). Will keep you all posted.
Hi, can you please share email address to CPC-CTD-Ottawa? I am in the similar situation, passport for months in CPC and no response from them. Very frustrating. Thanks

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
I woke up to an email that my account was updated:

Final decision - September 11, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Didn't come with any message though. This isn't really a suprise, as my GCMS notes already said my application was approved back when I sent in my passport copies in March, but hopefully it means gears are getting unstuck?

Reactions: joy857 and Meggg

slinkyhead

Jun 1, 2020

Final decision - September 11, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Didn't come with any message though. This isn't really a suprise, as my GCMS notes already said my application was approved back when I sent in my passport copies in March, but hopefully it means gears are getting unstuck?
I'm on the same timeline (passport copies sent to Ottawa in mid-March) and am still waiting. Glad to hear there is movement!

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I'm on the same timeline (passport copies sent to Ottawa in mid-March) and am still waiting. Glad to hear there is movement!

Sorry I did not understand... Did you get the copr? Or on the portal it said approved?

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

Sorry I did not understand. Did you get the copr? Or on the portal it said approved?

typomatica

Apr 16, 2019
Same thing for us yesterday! We're outland US spousal sponsorship, received PPR on March 12th, sent passport copy to CPC Ottawa the next day and hadn't heard anything since. Yesterday GCKEY updated from 75% to 100% complete, "Application Approved September 11". Fingers crossed COPR comes soon!! Seems super optimistic that they're finally moving things.

Reactions: joy857

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
to the out-land ppl that just received the copr:
what kind of application you did? express entry or pnp?
did the estimate processing time on ircc website expired?
and do you have a job in the hostpital or sort of?

thank you to whoever will answer.