+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
I received an email from IRCC this morning asking me to complete a 20minute survey on my experiences of dealing with IRCC during Covid-19!!
If they pulled people off the "survey team" and actually had them processing applications then we'd all be a lot happier. What a waste of resources!!

Feel free to carry out a survey when operations are back to normal and you are processing applications in a timely manner, but when it has been 100 days since I sent my passport copy and am still waiting, you will not be getting a single ounce of positive feedback from me.
Loop me in on that survey, and I'll gladly tell them what I think .... :)

Reactions: whlobtn

Catwood

May 5, 2020
Hello all,

AOR: Oct.13.2019
VO: Edmonton
Passport copy sent: March 6th
Passport copy delivered: March 9th
Still waiting for CoPR

This is so unfair since other people are getting PR without sending their passport or landing interview, even though they applied way later than us.
I have sent web forms multiple times but their answers are always same, saying my application is still in progress.
Never guessed that I would be waiting for 3 whole months after PPR.. so frustrated.. :(
I’m exactly same date: poster to Ottawa on 6th March and received 11th March. Still nothing and my visa is expiring on Wednesday. I’m beyond annoyed and frustrated right now.

Reactions: DuncanP and Kemi525

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
I received an email from IRCC this morning asking me to complete a 20minute survey on my experiences of dealing with IRCC during Covid-19!!
If they pulled people off the "survey team" and actually had them processing applications then we'd all be a lot happier. What a waste of resources!!

Feel free to carry out a survey when operations are back to normal and you are processing applications in a timely manner, but when it has been 100 days since I sent my passport copy and am still waiting, you will not be getting a single ounce of positive feedback from me.
IRCC obviously have a wide set of employees with different education, training and responsibilities. Just because they are conducting surveys doesn't mean that they are sacrificing resources in areas where they process applications. Likewise, you don't put the gate agents in charge of flying planes just because you are short on pilots.

shwang13

Nov 21, 2019
I talked to one of CIC agent yesterday, and he told me that CPC ottawa office started visa printing operation back again on June 4. Hope we could be hearing some good news soon.

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
IRCC obviously have a wide set of employees with different education, training and responsibilities. Just because they are conducting surveys doesn't mean that they are sacrificing resources in areas where they process applications. Likewise, you don't put the gate agents in charge of flying planes just because you are short on pilots.
You’ve made multiple logical points that ordinarily I’d completely agree with haha.
But I’m just fed up with it all

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
Hello all,

AOR: Oct.13.2019
VO: Edmonton
Passport copy sent: March 6th
Passport copy delivered: March 9th
Still waiting for CoPR

This is so unfair since other people are getting PR without sending their passport or landing interview, even though they applied way later than us.
I have sent web forms multiple times but their answers are always same, saying my application is still in progress.
Never guessed that I would be waiting for 3 whole months after PPR.. so frustrated.. :(
I submitted around the same time and got my passports back two weeks ago. I got the COPR but its expiring this month. No landing instructions. Dont know whats their plan. But I guess at this moment its all a wait and watch game. I think you will also receive your passport shortly.

shwang13

Nov 21, 2019
I submitted around the same time and got my passports back two weeks ago. I got the COPR but its expiring this month. No landing instructions. Dont know whats their plan. But I guess at this moment its all a wait and watch game. I think you will also receive your passport shortly.
As per the agent that I talked yesterday, they will do the landing electronically and it will automatically change your status and visa status. He told me to keep my eyes on the PR application online. If it’s even slightly changed that means the electronic landing is done.

I don’t what to do with PR card but hopefully what he said is all right and we don’t have to do anything.

Reactions: seaweed123

DentAspirus

Apr 2, 2020
Guys, kindly, I got a question:

I received my PPR e-mail on 11 March from Ottawa office. I delivered the passports on 15 March to the VAC center (VFS global center) in Cairo, personally, as they don't allow it to be sent by courier.

They told me that it is sent to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo, Egypt for the visa to be stamped and for the COPR to be processed and that the normal timing is 3-10 working days (before the whole COVID-19 issue).

I got a confirmation on 16 March from the Canadian Embassy "Migration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt in Cairo." that they received the passports and they needed the height and eye color of my son so that they can finalize the application.
Till to date, I haven't received the passports yet of course.
So, I was wondering is it normal for passports to be stamped in Cairo (Canadian Embassy) and not to be sent to Canada??
N.B: I chose that I can collect the passports myself when the VAC center receive them. The tracker number says "still processing" and when I call the VAC center, they say that it is still at the embassy and they haven't received it as it is still under processing...

Is this normal? And is there anything I can do??

My lawyer said that all we can do is wait as all I will get is a generic reply due to the COVID-19.

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
I talked to one of CIC agent yesterday, and he told me that CPC ottawa office started visa printing operation back again on June 4. Hope we could be hearing some good news soon.
wow how did you get a hold of them? I called several times but it was just automatic message literally saying that "we are short staff and cannot take your call due to COVID19".. but it is definitely good news! Please keep posted if anything received from CPC!!

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
I just spoke to a CIC agent who helped look into my application. For some context, my latest online application update was back in October when medicals passed. Other than that, everything else is listed as in progress. I received the PPR in early March and had passport copies delivered to Ottawa March 9th.

She said the final application decision is still pending, but everything else is pretty much passed (medical, background checks, etc) and that everything looks good and on the right track. It seems like it’s up to the visa office to finalize the application (in my case Edmonton) and that I just have to wait.

Also, she mentioned that there are several options available to agents in terms of CoPR/landing: some send passports back without CoPR, some with CoPR and some just electronic landing right away I guess. Hard to tell if it’s up to the agent’s discretion or VO guidelines.

The key message is to be patient and keep waiting and that they’ll get to it ASAP. All the IRCC operations, including the call center, is slowly starting to ramp up now according to the agent so hopefully they’ll get to us with passport copies soon :)

Reactions: DuncanP and Kemi525

Kemi525

Sep 25, 2019
I just spoke to a CIC agent who helped look into my application. For some context, my latest online application update was back in October when medicals passed. Other than that, everything else is listed as in progress. I received the PPR in early March and had passport copies delivered to Ottawa March 9th.

She said the final application decision is still pending, but everything else is pretty much passed (medical, background checks, etc) and that everything looks good and on the right track. It seems like it’s up to the visa office to finalize the application (in my case Edmonton) and that I just have to wait.

Also, she mentioned that there are several options available to agents in terms of CoPR/landing: some send passports back without CoPR, some with CoPR and some just electronic landing right away I guess. Hard to tell if it’s up to the agent’s discretion or VO guidelines.

The key message is to be patient and keep waiting and that they’ll get to it ASAP. All the IRCC operations, including the call center, is slowly starting to ramp up now according to the agent so hopefully they’ll get to us with passport copies soon :)
Thanks for this.
Edmonton VO is taking it's time. Received my passport (with expired visa) on June 1at and no COPR/ landing until now

DuncanP

Jun 19, 2020

I’m in the exact same situation with exactly the same timeline, just patiently waiting. Good to know others are in the same boat. Hopefully we’ll hear news soon. My IEC visa expires on July 17th so I’ve applied for a bridging visa which is now asking me to submit biometrics (can’t be done due to closures) so very much in limbo at the moment on implied status.

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
As per the agent that I talked yesterday, they will do the landing electronically and it will automatically change your status and visa status. He told me to keep my eyes on the PR application online. If it’s even slightly changed that means the electronic landing is done.

I don’t what to do with PR card but hopefully what he said is all right and we don’t have to do anything.
Thats good to know. My biggest concern is my Daughters passport. That will expire end of this month. So landing has to happen before that. Do you think we can escalate the case by talking to the agent ?