+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020
I've read this a few times over, and (to me) the language isn't entirely clear on this scenario. The info seems to state that you can travel to Canada if 1) You're traveling for an essential reason -AND- 2) You're coming from the US -OR- you're exempt for some other reason. This applies to all foreign nationals (including from the US).

I haven't read anything that indicates that landing for permanent residency is considered 'essential.'

However, this page is confusing to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

It says that if you were approved prior to March 18th, you may travel to Canada. That's easy if you have your COPR before March 18th. But I've also read differing opinions as to what "approved" means. Some say it's the date you get your PPR, and others say it's when you get your COPR. Does anyone have any experience with that definition? This could prove pivotal for cases like mine where I got my PPR on March 11. (Assuming, of course, that I get my COPR anytime soon ...)
Can understand your pain. If we see it like this - they gave us an immigrant stamp which expires soon and they need us to use it before it expires. This in all means that its for essential purpose.
But yes, final word would be from CBSA and I'd recommend writing or calling them.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Apparently ones coming directly from the US are exempted from travel restrictions. Read here -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html
How do we know that traveling with COPR is considered essential?

I've read this a few times over, and (to me) the language isn't entirely clear on this scenario. The info seems to state that you can travel to Canada if 1) You're traveling for an essential reason -AND- 2) You're coming from the US -OR- you're exempt for some other reason. This applies to all foreign nationals (including from the US).

I haven't read anything that indicates that landing for permanent residency is considered 'essential.'

However, this page is confusing to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

It says that if you were approved prior to March 18th, you may travel to Canada. That's easy if you have your COPR before March 18th. But I've also read differing opinions as to what "approved" means. Some say it's the date you get your PPR, and others say it's when you get your COPR. Does anyone have any experience with that definition? This could prove pivotal for cases like mine where I got my PPR on March 11. (Assuming, of course, that I get my COPR anytime soon ...)
I don’t think Approved = PPR. When you get your PPR, the application online still says “In Progress”

Can understand your pain. If we see it like this - they gave us an immigrant stamp which expires soon and they need us to use it before it expires. This in all means that its for essential purpose.
But yes, final word would be from CBSA and I'd recommend writing or calling them.
I called them last week and they said that they couldn’t say yes or no on the phone. It would be up to the officer at the border to decide whether people from USA would be allowed in or not.

Last edited:

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020

I don’t think Approved = PPR. When you get your PPR, the application online still says “In Progress”

I called them last week and they said that they couldn’t say yes or no on the phone. It would be up to the officer at the border to decide whether people from USA would be allowed in or not.
Thanks for notifying that.
- It's pretty weird if they are giving us soon to expire counterfoils and then not letting us enter.
- Have the same opinion about PPR date and CoPR date.
- Guess this is pretty unclear then and we stay in a limbo. In such a case, maybe we hear soon a revision to the march 18 rule. If not and to the ones who wanna risk an entry, better would be to do it by land so that at least they renter the States.

Have created this thread to attract others in a similar situation

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Thanks for notifying that.
- It's pretty weird if they are giving us soon to expire counterfoils and then not letting us enter.
- Have the same opinion about PPR date and CoPR date.
- Guess this is pretty unclear then and we stay in a limbo. In such a case, maybe we hear soon a revision to the march 18 rule. If not and to the ones who wanna risk an entry, better would be to do it by land so that at least they renter the States.
Yeah you can enter back in the US if you are allowed based on US border officials. When you get to Canada Port of entry, you’ve basically LEFT the US. It’s the same as airport Port of Entry.

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Did anyone got PR card in this sort of new process (skip in-person landing interview)?
I got my COPR in email and was asked to send photo and COPR copy for PR card. There was no instructions for landing procedure, simply had to send the documents. I am an inland CEC applicant.

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
No. I’m still waiting.
I could be wrong but activity on this thread seems to have decreased somewhat in recent weeks, after a lot of the regular posters seemed to get their passports back/approval/return tracker activated. I find it so strange that we’ve then not seen any “passport copy” cases approved
Exactly.... I think I saw someone on this thread mentioned that cases for passport photo copies are being put on hold, and CPC are prioritizing passport first..very frustrating. Hope anyone who sent photocopies and afterword receive CORP can post their case here.
Okay we will keep each other updated. I see most of the people that sent their original passports to CPC-O have got them back.
Thats nice to get a response. I raised the web form last Wednesday and still no response..... I was like WT.....
I am also one of you who sent passport copy... over 3 months now OMG!!!!
Tell me about it...I am not even joking but seriously I've been checking my application status almost everyday since I got PPR, but my status does not change at all. I even check this thread almost everyday but still do not see anyone who receive COPR after send photocopies. very weird.

Kemi525

Sep 25, 2019
Has any being able to land in Edmonton?I've received my passport back with cancelled Visa since May 31st but no COPR. Raised a web form, got a generic "wait" response.
I'm CEC inland

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Exactly.... I think I saw someone on this thread mentioned that cases for passport photo copies are being put on hold, and CPC are prioritizing passport first..very frustrating. Hope anyone who sent photocopies and afterword receive CORP can post their case here.

Tell me about it...I am not even joking but seriously I've been checking my application status almost everyday since I got PPR, but my status does not change at all. I even check this thread almost everyday but still do not see anyone who receive COPR after send photocopies. very weird.
I am exactly in the same boat as you.
I have been waiting for over 3 months.
I really hope we have good news soon.

Last edited:

johnnydest

May 16, 2017

Tell me about it...I am not even joking but seriously I've been checking my application status almost everyday since I got PPR, but my status does not change at all. I even check this thread almost everyday but still do not see anyone who receives COPR after sending photocopies. very weird.
Same to me, they sent me back the passport copies without any COPR or any information of approval and refuse, and after that no updates. I called the IRCC and he told me to wait! (Still! Again!), I am about to give up

Reactions: sim_agent

mstabrz

Jun 16, 2020
Dear All,
Hope all is well.
Date of Receiving PPR: March, 03
Date PP sent: March, 06
Date PP Delivered: March, 09
No update since then even any update in my profile. After a couple of following-ups, they always say that the PP has been received at their office and it is in final stage.
Is any one similar to my case?
Also, How can I call IRCC from the USA? I desperately need to call them.
I am under lots of stress more than 100 days I sent the PP.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Dear All,
Hope all is well.
Date of Receiving PPR: March, 03
Date PP sent: March, 06
Date PP Delivered: March, 09
No update since then even any update in my profile. After a couple of following-ups, they always say that the PP has been received at their office and it is in final stage.
Is any one similar to my case?
Also, How can I call IRCC from the USA? I desperately need to call them.
I am under lots of stress more than 100 days I sent the PP.
Sailing the same boat since March 16th. There’s no way to call IRCC from USA. They do not appreciate calls from outland applicants. Same generic response to my email.

Reactions: mstabrz

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Same to me, they sent me back the passport copies without any COPR or any information of approval and refuse, and after that no updates. I called the IRCC and he told me to wait! (Still! Again!), I am about to give up
Oh!!
Did they send you back the passport copies?
I think it could be a good news to us because it seems that they started dealing with the cases of the people who sent passport copies.
Mine has been just stuck in the printing queue for over 3 months.
Could you tell me when you got them back?
As far as I know, not only me, but all the people who sent them passport copies have not even received them back or received any updates.

If you don't mind, could you please tell me more about you got your documents back?

tulsyanadi

Mar 14, 2017

Can you please share the number to call them?