+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Did anyone whose photo copies of passport was delivered to CPC-O in March and afterwards, receive it back? Or any status change on website? any news or comments would appreciate!

I'm waiting since March 11 and I don't recall seeing anyone with a passport copy getting copr. It's getting very frustrating not getting any updates and seeing lots of other people's apps who applied months after me getting approved.

Saminthesky

Mar 27, 2020
Hi All,

I finally got my passports back. I had sent my passports on March 18th and I got them on 13th June.
The passports have a visa which is says 'cancelled without prejudice' and has a standard letter saying' We have approved your permanent application to Canada.............

Was I supposed to get some additional PR documents? What are the next steps for landing. I am currently in Canada only.

Appreciate the help.

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Did anyone whose photo copies of passport was delivered to CPC-O in March and afterwards, receive it back? Or any status change on website? any news or comments would appreciate!
No. I’m still waiting.
I could be wrong but activity on this thread seems to have decreased somewhat in recent weeks, after a lot of the regular posters seemed to get their passports back/approval/return tracker activated. I find it so strange that we’ve then not seen any “passport copy” cases approved

Reactions: Leopoldwdb

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Nothing yet. Been waiting over 3 months now. I did mail CPC Ottawa last week just to make sure my documents weren't lost. I got a very generic reply (note that I inquired about our passport copies):

Please note that your passport has been received at our office and is in the final stages of completion.
Your passport will be returned as soon as the process is completed.

Please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to determine when your documents will be returned to you. Please rest assured that they will be as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Reactions: velniasvelninis

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
nope... delivered March 17th and no response since. Seems like a lot of us are in this boat together

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Asking to see if this thread still has any relevance to my concerns.

Anyone still here waiting on original passports since March 16th? I am an FSW-O applicant from USA and I would stop following this thread if everyone following this thread got their passports back. Please let me know.

tulsyanadi

Mar 14, 2017
Asking to see if this thread still has any relevance to my concerns.

Anyone still here waiting on original passports since March 16th? I am an FSW-O applicant from USA and I would stop following this thread if everyone following this thread got their passports back. Please let me know.
I am in the same boat. I am FSW-O applicant from USA and my passports were delivered March 17th. Still waiting.

Reactions: prasannav6

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Okay we will keep each other updated. I see most of the people that sent their original passports to CPC-O have got them back.
Yep that’s what I’ve noticed. I figure most people waiting have probably discovered this forum, if they didn’t know about it already.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
For all those who got COPR after March 18 in this thread, is anyone planning to travel from USA before the travel restrictions are removed?

dkijhlu

Apr 28, 2020
Nothing yet. Been waiting over 3 months now. I did mail CPC Ottawa last week just to make sure my documents weren't lost. I got a very generic reply (note that I inquired about our passport copies):
Thats nice to get a response. I raised the web form last Wednesday and still no response..... I was like WT.....
I am also one of you who sent passport copy... over 3 months now OMG!!!!

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Apparently ones coming directly from the US are exempted from travel restrictions. Read here -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html
I've read this a few times over, and (to me) the language isn't entirely clear on this scenario. The info seems to state that you can travel to Canada if 1) You're traveling for an essential reason -AND- 2) You're coming from the US -OR- you're exempt for some other reason. This applies to all foreign nationals (including from the US).

I haven't read anything that indicates that landing for permanent residency is considered 'essential.'

However, this page is confusing to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

It says that if you were approved prior to March 18th, you may travel to Canada. That's easy if you have your COPR before March 18th. But I've also read differing opinions as to what "approved" means. Some say it's the date you get your PPR, and others say it's when you get your COPR. Does anyone have any experience with that definition? This could prove pivotal for cases like mine where I got my PPR on March 11. (Assuming, of course, that I get my COPR anytime soon ...)