+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
i am inland too, should i contact via webform?
You could do that as well, but when I did I got a generic response that they have received the passports. But I have read on here that some people got a more specific response from the webform.

Skutty89

Dec 1, 2019
Not exactly same as you,
FSW-O from USA as well
Mine PPR was 13th March,2020
Passport delivered: March 18th,2020
No update yet in the system.
BTW what is your "invitation to apply" and "aor" date??
thanks
I am in the same boat as you. They have received my passports on Mar 16,2020. But no approval yet or any info.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I am in the same boat as you. They have received my passports on Mar 16,2020. But no approval yet or any info.
I see someone that sent passports from the USA on March 30th has received passports back already and some of us are waiting since March 2nd week. I can’t fathom the logic of their operating procedure.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi All,
PPR: MAR 11TH
Passport received at Ottawa: MAR 18TH
COPR: MAY 26TH

The letter said

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card.

If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo.

If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation.

Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada.

You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

And so on.

After two months we are finally about to finish the process!

Goodluck to everyone wishing everyone a speedy PR process!
So wonderful!!!! Congrats again! And all the best!

Reactions: SAgrrl

freakgeek

Jan 7, 2018
I see someone that sent passports from the USA on March 30th has received passports back already and some of us are waiting since March 2nd week. I can’t fathom the logic of their operating procedure.
Tbh, tried every pattern to figure out from "ppr","aor","ita" but in vain.I speculate that they have lost mine passport as there is no reason to hold it for 70+ days.{its common as i remember Indian consulate sending my friends passport to India by mistake,though there was no need}People after march 18th delivery got approval,majority are outland applicants and considerable numbers from USA as well,with ppr after 13th march and ita's in janaury. Waiting for GCMS notes.I dont mind them holding it more but atleast follow a particular criteria for everyone and let us know a timeline,"covid-19" reasoning is not valid as they processed applicants after march 20th as well.
Anyways,suggestion to folks,apply gcms notes.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Tbh, tried every pattern to figure out from "ppr","aor","ita" but in vain.I speculate that they have lost mine passport as there is no reason to hold it for 70+ days.{its common as i remember Indian consulate sending my friends passport to India by mistake,though there was no need}People after march 18th delivery got approval,majority are outland applicants and considerable numbers from USA as well,with ppr after 13th march and ita's in janaury. Waiting for GCMS notes.I dont mind them holding it more but atleast follow a particular criteria for everyone and let us know a timeline,"covid-19" reasoning is not valid as they processed applicants after march 20th as well.
Anyways,suggestion to folks,apply gcms notes.
I completely agree. I am beginning to think they lost mine as well. I waited for more than a year for my PPR after AOR. That logic is enough to convince me that they have lost mine somewhere in the heaps of passports they might already have. I don’t mind them holding onto my passports either but I do not want to wait any longer than people who submitted their applications after me. I find it completely unfair but hey, who is gonna listen to our plight!

sdaniels

May 20, 2020
Any FSW-O applicant from the United States with timeline similar to mine and no updates yet? Please let me know I am not alone.

PPR- March 02, 2020
Passport submitted- March 16, 2020
Approval- Not yet
Return tracker activation- Not yet
Similar timeline as yours
Application : FSW-O
PPR: March 13th
Passport delivered :March 19th
No updates after that

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Similar timeline as yours
Application : FSW-O
PPR: March 13th
Passport delivered :March 19th
No updates after that
I don’t know if it’s appropriate to say I am kind of relieved to know I am not alone. I am sorry you’re having to wait just like some of us here. Did you try contacting them? I tried emailing but I haven’t received any response yet.

sdaniels

May 20, 2020
I don’t know if it’s appropriate to say I am kind of relieved to know I am not alone. I am sorry you’re having to wait just like some of us here. Did you try contacting them? I tried emailing but I haven’t received any response yet.
you are not alone.
I sent a web form on May 5th and I got the reply that my passport is with their office and will be returned once it’s processed.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Omg! I just realized that my return tracker was activated on Monday evening at around 5:30. Update on my profile (through consultants) shows that the application was approved May 13th, so my timeline is:
AOR: Nov 6
MEP: Nov 27
RPRF: Dec 13
PPR: March 6
Passport arrival in Ottawa: March 11
Profile Approval: May 13
Tracker Activated: May 25
PNP Inland
It has def been a long wait since March 11. Was beginning to think that...well I didnt know what to think :)
Sending best of luck to everyone here waiting. May things quickly speed up!

Skutty89

Dec 1, 2019
Omg, good for whoever received it. It has been almost a year’s wait after AOR, and I have sent out my passports on the 12th of March. But no progress yet. Not sure if we will receive it any sooner ! Let’s just hope to get it soon

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Omg, good for whoever received it. It has been almost a year’s wait after AOR, and I have sent out my passports on the 12th of March. But no progress yet. Not sure if we will receive it any sooner ! Let’s just hope to get it soon
I totally understand. The wait is not easy, especially when you don’t understand why you have to. I wish the process could be a bit more transparent and applicants be better informed. It’s perplexing why some applications are processed slower than others. Anyway, I am raising a web form by end of the week and keep everyone in this thread informed of their response, if at all I receive any.

Reactions: Skutty89 and Wallyb

padmavis1990

Apr 17, 2020
FSW-O
From USA
Request for passport: 11-MAR-2020
Passports sent: 17-MAR-2020
Passports delivered: 18-MAR-2020
Application approval: Pending
Return tracker activation: Pending
Passports back in hand: Pending
I got my passport back earlier this morning

FSW-O from USA
Request for passport: 11-MAR-2020
Passports sent: 17-MAR-2020
Passports delivered: 18-MAR-2020
Application approval: 14-MAY-2020 (did not get an email || could not check CiC profile as I did not have access)
Return tracker activation: 26-MAY-2020
Passports back in hand: 27-MAY-2020

CoPR expiry: 05-SEP-2020

Good luck to everyone!