+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

freakgeek

Jan 7, 2018
Alright,so called IRCC,waited 60+ minutes and can tell you, we have to wait longer it seems(my assumption),dont want to disappoint anyone.
The guy i was talking to,i can tell he is working from home and he told me that he dont work in that office,he wasnt even "customer care rep",he was normal office dude with quite blunt answers, He said anyone got "PPR" is already approved(even i am aware of it),
when passport would be returned, he said you have to wait longer as no one is working in that office and then suddenly he changed his statement and said , i mean,i dont work in that office.
Another interesting thing happened was,rather than asking for "UCI" number he asked me "when you got invitation to apply"{not ppr email}
Anyways, I already applied for gcms notes and already 18 days are passed.I think thats the only resort left to know what is going on.
Disclaimer: My motive here is not to spread rumor,i just told me exp.
thanks

hesam80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
pass sent 16 May

track number activated May 21

Passport received May 22
Inland BC
don't know what should I do for landing?

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Alright,so called IRCC,waited 60+ minutes and can tell you, we have to wait longer it seems(my assumption),dont want to disappoint anyone.
The guy i was talking to,i can tell he is working from home and he told me that he dont work in that office,he wasnt even "customer care rep",he was normal office dude with quite blunt answers, He said anyone got "PPR" is already approved(even i am aware of it),
when passport would be returned, he said you have to wait longer as no one is working in that office and then suddenly he changed his statement and said , i mean,i dont work in that office.
Another interesting thing happened was,rather than asking for "UCI" number he asked me "when you got invitation to apply"{not ppr email}
Anyways, I already applied for gcms notes and already 18 days are passed.I think thats the only resort left to know what is going on.
thanks
This is great. Thanks for updating us.

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
thanks
Does it mean that PPR date is the actual approval date?

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
thanks
SCARY!

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
Hi Everyone!

My PPR date is March 12th 2020
FInal decision date is May 6th 2020
I got my COPR delivered to me on May 13th 2020.

I'm currently in USA and need to travel to Canada before June 15th.
I called IRCC to ask if I can travel and they say that my application approval date is March 12th 2020 actually and I should be fine to travel (given anyone with approval dates before march 18th is allowed to travel).

My questions is - is PPR and approval date the same? (found this link also https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/procedures-finalizing-approved-applications.html)

Anyone in same situation and did travel to Canada recently? What proof did you use to show your date of approval?
Thanks!
I am in the similar situation , our lawyer said you can go because our PPR date was 9th March 2020
and PPR description says when the final decision is made.
The reason they ask your passport is to just give you visa, that's all.
so the actual true date to consider is PPR and not COPR
My COPR came on 5th May 2020.
I m also from USA
trying to figure out this confusion , but don't know what to do!

Reactions: shireendeshmukh