+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

tanmay.sgs1991

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone!

I just received my passport and COPR today. As mentioned in the letter I have submitted a webform requesting the information on landing procedure. Here is my timeline.

EE FSW INLAND
AOR 11 NOV
MEP 4 DEC
PPR 12 MAR
PASSPORT SENT 13 MAR
APPLICATION APPROVED 11 MAY
PASSPORT RECEIVED 22 MAY

Hope to get a response soon from CIC about landing procedure. My return tracker never got activated.

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
I am in the similar situation , our lawyer said you can go because our PPR date was 9th March 2020
and PPR description says when the final decision is made.
The reason they ask your passport is to just give you visa, that's all.
so the actual true date to consider is PPR and not COPR
My COPR came on 5th May 2020.
I m also from USA
trying to figure out this confusion , but don't know what to do!
It is interesting to know that lawyer says that. When does your COPR expire, may I ask?

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Hello everyone!

I just received my passport and COPR today. As mentioned in the letter I have submitted a webform requesting the information on landing procedure. Here is my timeline.

EE FSW INLAND
AOR 11 NOV
MEP 4 DEC
PPR 12 MAR
PASSPORT SENT 13 MAR
PASSPORT RECEIVED 22 MAY

Hope to get a response soon from CIC about landing procedure. My return tracker never got activated.
which courier service did you use?

Reactions: Wallyb

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

EE FSW INLAND
AOR 11 NOV
MEP 4 DEC
PPR 12 MAR
PASSPORT SENT 13 MAR
PASSPORT RECEIVED 22 MAY

@tanmay.sgs1991 did you use Canada post?

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Hi Everyone!

My PPR date is March 12th 2020
FInal decision date is May 6th 2020
I got my COPR delivered to me on May 13th 2020.

I'm currently in USA and need to travel to Canada before June 15th.
I called IRCC to ask if I can travel and they say that my application approval date is March 12th 2020 actually and I should be fine to travel (given anyone with approval dates before march 18th is allowed to travel).

My questions is - is PPR and approval date the same? (found this link also https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/procedures-finalizing-approved-applications.html)

Anyone in same situation and did travel to Canada recently? What proof did you use to show your date of approval?
Thanks!
Alright... this is very interesting. Can anybody confirm this has worked? I got my PPR on March 12, but didn’t get my passport/photos submitted until April 2. Still haven’t received them back yet... However, once I get my COPR, I could still land in Canada despite the border closure??

Mo.kate

Oct 15, 2019
Hi guys!

Did anyone got PPR since March?
I contacted CIC on March 20 - the date when 6 months period end and immigration officer wrote me back on March 25 that my application is approved and I should get further information soon... since then I didn’t recived anything, I tried to contact cic through web form but they send me only general information that they working with limited staff... my current LMIA based work permit expires on may 26 and I don’t know what my status in Canada is, am I work permit holder or permanent resident? I’m from visa free country and I don’t need to submit passport to visa office - just copy and I Can stay in Canada as A visitor for 6 months but I can’t work... I’m inland CEC Applicant, my online account still shows that my application is in progress and last update was on October 14 - medical passed.
Applying for bridging visa takes 1-3 months so I don’t know if that any sense...

rhcesar

Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys!

I contacted CIC on March 20 - the date when 6 months period end and immigration officer wrote me back on March 25 that my application is approved and I should get further information soon... since then I didn’t recived anything, I tried to contact cic through web form but they send me only general information that they working with limited staff... my current LMIA based work permit expires on may 26 and I don’t know what my status in Canada is, am I work permit holder or permanent resident? I’m from visa free country and I don’t need to submit passport to visa office - just copy and I Can stay in Canada as A visitor for 6 months but I can’t work... I’m inland CEC Applicant, my online account still shows that my application is in progress and last update was on October 14 - medical passed.
Applying for bridging visa takes 1-3 months so I don’t know if that any sense...
You should apply for your work permit extension and be in an implied status while they process your application. That way you can continue working while you wait for your landing.
I’m in a similar situation while I wait for my passport to be back and also my landing appointment to be scheduled.
Having an approval on PR process do not give you PR status until you land and you should keep an status here while you wait.

I called the IRCC office yesterday About my situation and they told me my passport was shipped and that I should apply for a bridging work permit before my status expire and If I land before they approve the work visa I can ask for a refund.

I hope it helps

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
Hi guys!

I feel your pain. I’m not sure but I’m afraid IRCC stopped issuing PPR emails at some time around March 18. Most people on this thread got their PPR before that date. Unfortunately, nobody is PR of Canada upon landing. In my personal opinion, you should call ASAP and get a hold of an agent to find out the status of your application. Moreover, you may have to file an application for BOWP so you don’t lose your work status.

Again, not 100% sure but this is my interpretation from your post.

Mo.kate

Oct 15, 2019
I feel your pain. I’m not sure but I’m afraid IRCC stopped issuing PPR emails at some time around March 18. Most people on this thread got their PPR before that date. Unfortunately, nobody is PR of Canada upon landing. In my personal opinion, you should call ASAP and get a hold of an agent to find out the status of your application. Moreover, you may have to file an application for BOWP so you don’t lose your work status.

Again, not 100% sure but this is my interpretation from your post.
i tried to call CIc milion times... i have an email with information that my application is approve. I Applied for BOWP I’ll see when we receive our COPR. And I hope we get refound for BOWP

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
i tried to call CIc milion times... i have an email with information that my application is approve. I Applied for BOWP I’ll see when we receive our COPR. And I hope we get refound for BOWP
Just to be clear, I’m assuming you didn’t receive a PPR email based on your question above. What I mean about “status of your application” is to find out why you haven’t received a PPR email. The PPR email has attached a schedule form with a barcode that you need to send along with your passport copies. Without that, I’m afraid you wouldn’t be able to finalize your PR application. See the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/procedures-finalizing-approved-applications.html

Good luck!

Mo.kate

Oct 15, 2019
Just to be clear, I’m assuming you didn’t receive a PPR email based on your question above. What I mean about “status of your application” is to find out why you haven’t received a PPR email. The PPR email has attached a schedule form with a barcode that you need to send along with your passport copies. Without that, I’m afraid you wouldn’t be able to finalize your PR application. See the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/procedures-finalizing-approved-applications.html

Good luck!
I contacted CIC through the web form and got email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.

A correspondence will be sent to advise you and your family members (if applicable) of this decision. You may be asked to send documents to finalize your application.

A Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a permanent resident visa, if you are from a country that requires a visa, will be sent to you and your family members (if applicable). Please follow the instructions that will be sent with your documents.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on how to prepare for your admission as a permanent resident of Canada.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

so it was on March 25 and I’m still waiting for this further instruction...

im also wondering if I can change my employer since I applied for BOWP and my LMIA expires on may 26...

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Happy to share that we received my parents passports back today.my They are currently in Canada on Visitor Visas.
PPR - 16 March
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Received passports back - 25 May