+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Did u submit web form or anything while u had not received it ?
I sent them an email on March 27th regarding an update and I was told that my passport had been received by the concerned office and will be returned as soon as the process is complete.

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
We sent our passports in on the 18th of March and as of now no reply. I am trying to hold out hope

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
A quick update guys from my end: -

PPR Mail - March 9th 2020
Passport Sent - March 10th 2020
Passport Delivered - March 11th 2020
Application Approved - April 29th 2020
Passport & COPR Received - May 5th 2020

FSW-O USA
AOR - Oct 11th 2019

Thanks everyone and wish you all the best!
Congrats! When was your return tracker activated?

Reactions: SAgrrl

sandbox032020

May 6, 2020
Can anyone who received their COPRs please tell for how long the visa was valid? Is it still 1 year after the medical? My US visa expires at the end of June and I passed my medical in August 2019. If I get a visa until August 2020, it will be absolutely insane!

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Can anyone who received their COPRs please tell for how long the visa was valid? Is it still 1 year after the medical? My US visa expires at the end of June and I passed my medical in August 2019. If I get a visa until August 2020, it will be absolutely insane!
In my case it's a bit longer than one year. I had medical exam on July 22, 2019 and my COPR expires after Aug 6, 2020. I guess it's because IRCC gave me additonal time in this special period of time.

Why would you think it'd be insane? The PR visa is only a one-time ticket. You would get PR card afterwards for future cross-border travel. And how is this related with the expiration date of your US visa?

averma92

Apr 18, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

According to the update above from May 1, 2020, It looks like IRCC temporarily stopped processing for some applications. Apparently, that affects the processing of visitor visas, eTAs, work permits and study permits. I'm hoping that's not the case for PR applications. However, If you've been following up this forum and immitracker closely, you know the latest updates on approvals were on April 30, 2020.
Just want to point out that this is not May 1st update.
This suspension for visitor, study and work visas is an old announcement.

The May 1st date that you see applies to the whole page and not just the notice. The same message was there way before May 1st.

sandbox032020

May 6, 2020
In my case it's a bit longer than one year. I had medical exam on July 22, 2019 and my COPR expires after Aug 6, 2020. I guess it's because IRCC gave me additonal time in this special period of time.

Why would you think it'd be insane? The PR visa is only a one-time ticket. You would get PR card afterwards for future cross-border travel. And how is this related with the expiration date of your US visa?
"longer than a year"
Good to know that, hopefully they give some additional time.

"
how is this related"
It's a little bit complicated. Although the visa here expires in June, I can stay a bit longer until the end of the year in US; but if I leave after June, I won't be able to return so I can't got to CA, get my PR and come back to wrap things up here. I just need some additional time.

wxqayc

Feb 20, 2017
"longer than a year"
Good to know that, hopefully they give some additional time.

"
how is this related"
It's a little bit complicated. Although the visa here expires in June, I can stay a bit longer until the end of the year in US; but if I leave after June, I won't be able to return so I can't got to CA, get my PR and come back to wrap things up here. I just need some additional time.
Would it be possible for you to use automatic visa re-validation? If you are not familiar with it, do some research. I was able to get back to the US with my expired US visa from Canada.

sandbox032020

May 6, 2020
Would it be possible for you to use automatic visa re-validation? If you are not familiar with it, do some research. I was able to get back to the US with my expired US visa from Canada.
Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case. I really won't be able to come back after June.
I hope me and everyone else here get their passports soon. My documents were delivered on March 13th, currently just waiting like many over here.

Reactions: thegudking

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
A quick update guys from my end: -

PPR Mail - March 9th 2020
Passport Sent - March 10th 2020
Passport Delivered - March 11th 2020
Application Approved - April 29th 2020
Passport & COPR Received - May 5th 2020

FSW-O USA
AOR - Oct 11th 2019

Thanks everyone and wish you all the best!
Congratulations!
Still interesting/incredibly frustrating to note that no further approvals or return trackers activated since April 30.