+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

krishna516

Dec 1, 2022
Hey, when did the counterfoil appear in your GCKey?

My application as approved on June 4 but no sign of a COPR or counterfoil in my profile. The tracker is not activated either.
My application was approved on Dec1st i,e thursday & status updated to counterfoil on same day but todayis 5th dec 2022 i still see label created on my fedex tracking number not sure whats going on??

krishna516

Dec 1, 2022
For those out there who are in a similar situation -- I am currently in Canada and sent my passport to CPC Ottawa. No response for 20 days. Then I get an e-mail asking me to provide some information so that I can be landed virtually (on Nov 30). They requested address, photos etc. Passport was sent back from CPC Ottawa, and received today (Dec 05) with no PR Visa/COPR enclosed, but a letter stating that the virtual/digital process is correct for those in Canada. Saga continues (i.e., waiting for e-COPR online).
I got an update from IRCC on Dec1st 2022 that PR was approved & counterfoil status was updated on IRCC on the same, they also confirmed my return shipping lable & fedex tracking but today is dec 5th i still see label created that means they did not send the package to fedex yet, do you know or have any idea how long does it take please? so i can use my tracking number

anon11235

Jun 27, 2022
I got an update from IRCC on Dec1st 2022 that PR was approved & counterfoil status was updated on IRCC on the same, they also confirmed my return shipping lable & fedex tracking but today is dec 5th i still see label created that means they did not send the package to fedex yet, do you know or have any idea how long does it take please? so i can use my tracking number
We are in the same boat
passports delivered Nov 18th
counterfoil generated Dec 1st
Waiting for our passports to be back

anon11235

Jun 27, 2022
is there an emergency email contact?? with case processing center is case processing center same in your case??
Nope, not sure how to go about this, I've submitted a webform as well. Yes, it's CPC Ottawa.
We have international travel planned for next week :(

paul1575

Dec 24, 2022
I sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa, received on Nov 29, couterfoil issued on December 6, shown on online status BUT I have not been able to track Canada post for the return passport until now! December 24.

I sent question through webform and got auto-replied email (from its generic message).
Where or How can I check where my passport is?

niz_fathi

Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys

I need help

Applied for Family Sponsorship Outland but presently in Canada on TRV

I got Pasport Request Letter with the content below

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.

If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form:
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DO YOU NEED A PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA?
 If you hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you need your Permanent Resident Visa and it should be affixed in your passport, even if you already have a valid Canadian temporary resident visa.

You are required to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please ensure that the passport(s) you are submitting is valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if you are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

 If you hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or hold passport(s)/travel document(s) issued by the United States, you DO NOT need a Permanent Resident Visa to be affixed in your passport. Please do not send your original passport(s). You are required to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please ensure that your passport(s) for which you will submit a photocopy is valid for at least 6 months.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must submit a regular passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address

a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.

b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.

4. The completed and signed Annex A attached to this correspondence, listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.

Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.
 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Do i need to send my passport to Ottawa or wait for virtual landing email?
Thank you!
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. My husband is an Outland applicant and I ama dependent on his application and I reside in canada on a trv. Could you please share your update?
Thanks.

Reactions: AyodejiA

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. My husband is an Outland applicant and I ama dependent on his application and I reside in canada on a trv. Could you please share your update?
Thanks.
Got portal invite on December 14, 2023
Uploaded my passport and submitted my declaration
Still waiting for eCOPR

samali717

Jan 20, 2023
Hi All,
Here is my timeline for PR Application.

Passport request - December 19th 2022
Passports sent to CPC-Ottawa - December 21st 2022
Passports Delivered - December 22nd 2022
Application Approved/Counterfoil Generated - January 11 2023

I have still not received my passports and FedEx tracker has not been activated yet. I am getting worried now. Anybody in the same boat ?

Anyone who has received passports back in the last few weeks ? Just want to know how much time they took to send passport after approval.

FYI - I live in US and passports are sent to CPC-Ottawa.

Jan 20, 2023
Hi All,
Here is my timeline for PR Application.

Passport request - December 19th 2022
Passports sent to CPC-Ottawa - December 21st 2022
Passports Delivered - December 22nd 2022
Application Approved/Counterfoil Generated - January 11 2023

I have still not received my passports and FedEx tracker has not been activated yet. I am getting worried now. Anybody in the same boat ?

Anyone who has received passports back in the last few weeks ? Just want to know how much time they took to send passport after approval.

FYI - I live in US and passports are sent to CPC-Ottawa.
Hey, I sent my passport on Jan 4, 2023 from US to CPC-Ottawa. It was received on Jan 6, 2023. Application approved/counterfoil generated on Jan 11, 2023. Nothing since then. No emails, no updates on portal, and no FedEx tracker activation yet.

samali717

Jan 20, 2023
Hey, I sent my passport on Jan 4, 2023 from US to CPC-Ottawa. It was received on Jan 6, 2023. Application approved/counterfoil generated on Jan 11, 2023. Nothing since then. No emails, no updates on portal, and no FedEx tracker activation yet.
Hey, thanks for the update, please keep me posted once you receive any update. I will do the same.