+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor's Visa from Pakistan March 2022 Application

Jun 17, 2022
Hi I will appreciate if someone can share the timeline of visa processing of Visit visa application from Pakistan at the moment. I submitted application for my mother and father through GC Key Account on March 18th, 2022. Never heard any thing back, application status is "we are processing your application, we will contact you if further information required". My parents visited Canada many times before but never ran into crazy delays like this before it been more than 7 months. I contacted my local MP for update on the status, I was told that the application is in Abu Dhabi. Background check completed, application under review. No news till now, if anyone can share how long it is taking at the moment for Pakistani Nationals would be great. Thanks

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi I will appreciate if someone can share the timeline of visa processing of Visit visa application from Pakistan at the moment. I submitted application for my mother and father through GC Key Account on March 18th, 2022. Never heard any thing back, application status is "we are processing your application, we will contact you if further information required". My parents visited Canada many times before but never ran into crazy delays like this before it been more than 7 months. I contacted my local MP for update on the status, I was told that the application is in Abu Dhabi. Background check completed, application under review. No news till now, if anyone can share how long it is taking at the moment for Pakistani Nationals would be great. Thanks
Did you use the new portal to apply? This sounds like a super long wait for just a visit visa.

By new portal I mean the one that was launched in September 2021.

mmustafa

Aug 25, 2017
Hello Smash1984,
I have resubmitted visitor visa for my mother today. The last one I submitted on Feb 2021 and I never heard back from them. Then I learned that IRCC is asking to resubmit if the submission is before Sept 7, 2021. So I gathered all the required documents and resubmitted them today. However, I couldn't withdraw the previous application. Am I missing something?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello Smash1984,
I have resubmitted visitor visa for my mother today. The last one I submitted on Feb 2021 and I never heard back from them. Then I learned that IRCC is asking to resubmit if the submission is before Sept 7, 2021. So I gathered all the required documents and resubmitted them today. However, I couldn't withdraw the previous application. Am I missing something?
Your case is similar to my wife's. We submitted our in laws' visit visa application in Feb 2020. Then in March, the pandemic hit. Then we found out in Oct 2021 that applications before sept 2021 would likely not be processed. Then my wife also noticed a new portal to apply for visit visa (as opposed to the old paper application that had to be printed out and signed). This was in Nov 2021. My father in law passed away that month but my mother in law's visit visa came in 10 days. I heard that processing times went up after that but it shouldn't take more than 3-4 months I think. What's the latest processing times from Pakistan that IRCC has given?

mmustafa

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I think i saw 60 days.
But I am not sure what you mean by the new portal. I just reapplied for my mother under the same portal but with a new application.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Jun 17, 2022
Did you use the new portal to apply? This sounds like a super long wait for just a visit visa.

By new portal I mean the one that was launched in September 2021.
I used the old GC Key account, is the new portal more efficient or preferred to apply for visit visa. Should I apply again, any suggestions.
I checked with our local MP for application status, Application is in Abu Dhabi office pending review. Criminal record check has been passed, I don't know what is happening.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I used the old GC Key account, is the new portal more efficient or preferred to apply for visit visa. Should I apply again, any suggestions.
I checked with our local MP for application status, Application is in Abu Dhabi office pending review. Criminal record check has been passed, I don't know what is happening.
I believe so. All the folks I know who applied through the new portal have gotten a visa much quicker.

Can you check current processing times for Pakistan? If you are significantly over that, it might not be a bad idea to withdraw this application and apply through new portal.

Jun 17, 2022
I believe so. All the folks I know who applied through the new portal have gotten a visa much quicker.

Can you check current processing times for Pakistan? If you are significantly over that, it might not be a bad idea to withdraw this application and apply through new portal.
146 days as per IRCC's website today, Almost there it's about 7 months. Its just been 7 months since I applied
What happens to the fees, I pay again with the new portal then?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
146 days as per IRCC's website today, Almost there it's about 7 months. Its just been 7 months since I applied
What happens to the fees, I pay again with the new portal then?
146 days is just under 5 months, yours has crossed 7 months. It's hard to say what exactly should be the course of action. The application money is non-refundable. You have also contacted your MP and the news on that front is that criminality is passed. If your parents' arrival is not urgent, then I would suggest to withdraw this and apply on the portal.

McGillU

May 18, 2020
Hi i am in a bit of a fix. Can somebody from Pakistan help?
Applied for parents visit visa via new portal on april 20, 2022. Biometrics were not needed as already done in 2020.
Since then, it’s dead silence. When i applied, the processing time was 60 days and now it’s showing 193 days. Called Ircc, they said application is in Abu dhabi office so i should contact them. Raised webform to abu dhabi office and received a generic reply only. I have tried to contact local MP but he never replies (they pick up the call, say they’ll send me an email to ask for the application details but never get back after that. I have called them and reminded them around 6 times in two months.)
My parents have visited Canada before in 2021 and at this point, i am just very anxious. Anyone in the same boat?